Confirmed Kevin Steele GONE to Bama

Advertisement
Just that easy huh? 😂😂
Exactly. And why does anyone think Leonhard would want this job? He turned down the Packers DC job to stay in Madison.

As many point out, Miami is not a college town and he sure looks like not just a college town guy, but a Madison guy.

I loved him as DC and was very impressed by what he did as interim HC there. He brought them into a new century and I was surprised when the parties couldn't get it to work for him to stay. But I am stunned if he has any interest in us.

Can’t possibly drag this out where OC and DC not full so likely Strong to DC/LB and DVD to on-field.

Otherwise, another 2 months before Mario finds a DC.
Mario first ever HC/OC/DC

Exactly. And why does anyone think Leonard would want this job? He turned down the Packers DC job to stay in Madison.

As many point out, Miami is not a college town and he sure looks like not just a college town guy, but a Madison guy.

I loved him as DC and was very impressed by what he did as interim HC there. He brought them into a new century and I was surprised when the parties couldn't get it to work for him to stay. But I am stunned if he has any interest in us.
I think he wants an HC gig. no info but im sure saban reached out too bc just like Tommy Rees wasn't nicks first choice, I doubt Steele was either. at this point, you go either w potential or familiarity in a system (Steele) and begin spring installs.

Advertisement
2023 Jim leonhard is better than 2023 Kevin Steele.

Leonard will never coach at the university of Miami. I guess never say never but it’s less than 1% for me
again we agree haha. pipe dream. even if its a no on Leonhard, there are better options out there than to just promote a guy who's a relic as a play caller esp going into a huge year 2 after a ****** year 1. Mario has to crush these hires.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I for one am very happy to be a part of CIS, where there are so many informed porsters on here that know more than Nick Saban.
As long as a coach can tie their own shoes at Alabama the product they put out is gonna be pretty good. Saban hired our very own Josh Gattis as a co-OC and WR coach in 2018. Did Josh Gattis really have anything to do with Juedy, Ridley, Smith and Ruggs putting up numbers on their way to a title? A WR room so stacked that I didn't even mention Jaylen Waddle. He caught 7 TDs that year by the way.

Steele will do just fine at Bama. But using "Saban hired him" as a trump card doesn't mean anything. We saw what he did here. Not all the defensive failures were due to lack of talent.

Advertisement
This man went from unemployed, to Maryland, to Miami, and now to Alabama in one calendar year. A bizarre ride.
Even more insane that before he was unemployed he unsuccessfully launched a coup at auburn or Tennessee that failed and he’s still managed to land top level power 5 jobs.

He’s a top notch CFB DC and we got folks acting like he ain’t ****. It’s bananas to me

Advertisement
Back