Kevin Harris visiting this weekend

Advertisement

He's not going to pick us on May 1st but if we impress him we'll have a good chance to flip him. Correct me if I'm wrong but his parents are big fans of Jess? This weekend Jess and others should be able to put that bug in his ear and after we beat LSU watch out for the flip by Nov/Dec.

He's not going to pick us on May 1st but if we impress him we'll have a good chance to flip him. Correct me if I'm wrong but his parents are big fans of Jess? This weekend Jess and others should be able to put that bug in his ear and after we beat LSU watch out for the flip by Nov/Dec.

Outside of the families personal connection to LSU, UM beats LSU in all aspects. There is also a very good chance that the coaching staff at LSU won’t be there very long. If he does really have an open mind UM wins!!!

I am choosing to believe he is coming here to give us a serious shot. It's a big trip for his whole family to take, on their own dime, just because they like Jess Simpson. It's the 2d or 3rd time it has been scheduled and I have to think if there wasn't some serious interest, they wouldn't really bother. I am hoping it's the combination of the tradition of the program and our very successful season last fall, the fact that CMR is the coach and they respect his record as a coach and developer of young men and their relationship with Simpson that will make us a real contender. IDK if they have any feel for UM as a school but I think they are going to be blown away when they step foot on the campus.

He has been saying for a while he was making his choice this spring. I think this May 1st date happened because he is now part of a group of 4 big time players from Grayson who are going to announce. They are doing it live on Fox tv Atlanta. I read something yesterday that said they moved up this announcement from a week later due to the start of spring football at Grayson. One of the ranking sites had an article out about it yesterday.

I am sure the staff will go all out on this , we have nothing to lose! I don't know if LSU is the leader right now; he seemed to be really wowed by his trip to Bama based on his social media posts.

I wonder how high he is on Bamas board. I think he absolutely should be a take for them but not everyone feels the same way we do. He was big Clemson lean but never got the offer.

Advertisement
When it comes to DL recruiting Clemson really can be as about as picky as any team in the country. They are at elite status when it comes to DL recruiting. They have passed the Bamas and LSUs of the world in that position category.

That said, I am not going to hold Harris against Simpson if he cant pull him on May 1st. Stay on him though. Never know.

Our DE depth is pretty sad going into 2019 so any DE has to know they will get immediate PT if they are worth their weight in gold. "Favorable DE depth chart" doesn't get much better then ours when we are going into next season with just 3 guys. (Patchan, Rosseau, Garvin)

Clemson has been known for its DL for decades - far earlier than the Dabo era.

The Perry brothers (Michael Dean and The Fridge) went there a few decades ago, for example.

And both were very solid in the pros.

And like clockwork, you can count on a top 5 DE or DT every single year from the state of South Carolina - amazing for as tiny a state as it is.

When it comes to DL recruiting Clemson really can be as about as picky as any team in the country. They are at elite status when it comes to DL recruiting. They have passed the Bamas and LSUs of the world in that position category.

That said, I am not going to hold Harris against Simpson if he cant pull him on May 1st. Stay on him though. Never know.

Our DE depth is pretty sad going into 2019 so any DE has to know they will get immediate PT if they are worth their weight in gold. "Favorable DE depth chart" doesn't get much better then ours when we are going into next season with just 3 guys. (Patchan, Rosseau, Garvin)

With the loyalty of bayou kids, LSU may be one school in nation that may be able to hold on to its diehards and LOCAL kids when Eddie O is fired, but OOS kids is a different ballgame. So if/when they flop again this year, we may be able to flip him if we make the impression.

Outside of the families personal connection to LSU, UM beats LSU in all aspects. There is also a very good chance that the coaching staff at LSU won’t be there very long. If he does really have an open mind UM wins!!!

We have a family connection as well. Jesse Simpson

Advertisement
oh wow, its actually an Official Visit, not an unofficial. First one of the year for us it looks like:

I hope it’s true. This whole no Officials in the spring is for the birds. Hope this opens the door for Steele come on down. Richt is old school so whoever may have convinced him to get with the times a double Blue LIT from LIV on me... and y’all know much those mufackas cost.

I hope it’s true. This whole no Officials in the spring is for the birds. Hope this opens the door for Steele come on down. Richt is old school so whoever may have convinced him to get with the times a double Blue LIT from LIV on me... and y’all know much those mufackas cost.
I think its going to depend completely on the player and if they think he's a man of his word. I completely understand not wanting to use OVs this early if its a guy they think will be decommitting in september. So if they think harris is a guy that wherever he commits, he's gunna stick, then it makes sense.

Wow that’s honestly very telling that they’re going to let him come on an OV.

Must be something here if the staff is willing to let that happen.

Advertisement
Honestly I think this is the only way we even have a shot. If the other 2 in his top 3 gave him OVs I think we would have shot ourselves in the foot if we didnt

Advertisement
Back