2022 Kevin Coleman 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol I’m clapping and laughing at the same time on this one (at the end). But yes, HBCU’s are good schools.
They are not good football schools. Only reason to go to one is if they offer you an unbelievable NIL deal and you want to take the guaranteed money. If you get half the money, can be coached by a better coach, and play for a more reputable school, not sure why you would pick an HBCU. Only reasons would be if you have doubt you will make it to the nfl or you have a tie to the school. Can someone name the last player drafted from JSU?

Advertisement
Picking a campus that is three blocks from the worst area of Jackson, Ms, and has poor facilities, is crazy compared to Coral Gables and Miami. I don’t care who the coach is. The talent he will face in practice and in games will be completely different. I hope it works out for him, and I appreciate what Deion is trying to do, but I am not sure this was the best decision to prepare him for the NFL.

I’m a mope? I’ve literally called Cribby the GOAT on every single platform (247, Twitter, here, CIS Toutube, etc.). I can’t bust some balls once in a while? Give me a break.
Hey my bad, i thought you were saying Cribby played himself. I reread. I retract my statement sir.

Advertisement
As a diehard Canes fan, I always want us to get the best players. In this situation, we’ll be fine. We’re good at WR. Getting more quality WR’s while it’s always a good look, we’d be stacking. We have other areas of major need. As a product of an HBCU myself, I smiled when I heard the news. HBCU’s in general have produced and continue to produce some of the finest black leaders in general with half the fanfare and even less of the resources of PWI’s. 2

Blue chip players going to HBCU’s isn’t going to kill major college FB. Beyond football, these players will grow immensely from the environment of an HBCU education and experience due to them actually being valued as people off the field and not only seen as commodities to be stacked, siphoned, dealt. The slander that some of you “sophisticated” individuals are throwing at HBCU’s is unwarranted and uncalled for.

A year ago you probably wouldn’t have strung together the letters H-B-C-&-U to conjure up an idea or sentiment that could be classified of as intelligent nor coherent. However today you find yourself “hating” an HBCU who rich history or culture you know nothing about simply because it “stole” one of your “precious” black boy athlete commodities... Shut the **** up and chill out.

He’s gonna be aite. He’s in good hands. Deion is doing a commendable job, period. We lost out on a recruit, we’ll grab others. You better fix your mouth quick fast and in a mutha****n hurry talking about black people’s business on the site and LETS BE CLEAR, HBCU’s have always and will unequivocally ALWAYS be black peoples business. In the immortal words of the famous urban poet known as “The Snowman”, *****, get cha mind right..
You smiled when you heard the news? Who the **** are you a fan of?

Advertisement
You smiled when you heard the news? Who the **** are you a fan of?
It's embarrassing that we have so-called "fans" celebrating this because he chose an HBCU. You're not a fan if you're celebrating him going to another school. I don't care if it's Bama, FSU, an HBCU - it's still another school. Go fill their stadium - they need it.

Advertisement
Picking a campus that is three blocks from the worst area of Jackson, Ms, and has poor facilities, is crazy compared to Coral Gables and Miami. I don’t care who the coach is. The talent he will face in practice and in games will be completely different. I hope it works out for him, and I appreciate what Deion is trying to do, but I am not sure this was the best decision to prepare him for the NFL.
Good for HBCU’s but until the others upgrade in talent (slim chance) these kids will soon learn that you need to face legit competition and not a slightly upgraded high school team week in and week out.

They are not good football schools. Only reason to go to one if they offer you an unbelievable NIL deal and want to take the guaranteed money. If you get half the money, can be coached by a better coach, and play for a more reputable school, not sure what you would pick an HBCU. Only reasons would be if you have doubt you will make it to the nfl or you have a tie to the school. Can someone name the last player drafted from JSU?
Wasn’t talking about football buddy, calm down. That statement was in reference to buddy’s rant about HBCU’s. But, eventually if good players go that route and they start winning some will move up in classification. ****, FSU started out as an all girls school lol

Advertisement
They are not good football schools. Only reason to go to one is if they offer you an unbelievable NIL deal and you want to take the guaranteed money. If you get half the money, can be coached by a better coach, and play for a more reputable school, not sure why you would pick an HBCU. Only reasons would be if you have doubt you will make it to the nfl or you have a tie to the school. Can someone name the last player drafted from JSU?
Disagree guys who can make it to the league can ply anywhere and be found lol this isn’t the 90s anymore. Let a kid go there hope his plan works I’m not rooting for him but don’t have to go at HBCUs now I don’t think this will last I think it’s the cool new thing but once Deion is gone it’s over

Good for HBCU’s but until the others upgrade in talent (slim chance) these kids will soon learn that you need to face legit competition and not a slightly upgraded high school team week in and week out.
Yes. Let's say that Deion signs 25 four and five star kids. Every game is going to be Central Connecticut State. Great development for the athletes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back