2022 Kevin Coleman 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't talking about JSU getting a TV. But just watch when these HBCU basketball teams star getting players that would have went to Duke or Kentucky. When it happens at March Madness then they still go 1 and done to the lottery is when the deals come in I'm speaking of not tomorrow but projection
Shawn Carter coming in with support for HBCUs in 3…2…1…

Advertisement
They are likely just paid out per year, top players prob get signing bonus. Example $100K total deal, paid $25K per year. Stay two years and then portal, well you got $50K. Pretty simple, same as any marketing deal with a professional. NBA player has a $100M (making up number) deal with Nike for 5 years, he gets $20M per year.
That sounds legit. So they must stay in school in order to cash out

Maaaaan somebody fire up the Angryman from Martin "Man, sit yo *** down!!!" GIF...

Season 2 Martin Tv Show GIF by Martin
Martin.gif

Advertisement
What is your point? Mario missed on this kid. I am not a Manny fan, I just want our fanbase to be fair. I give no coach any excuse!
Mario has Miami in the conversation for so many kids so fast that Manny never could, he can't get them all. He's done a phenomenal job making this class a strength and not a weakness. Wait until next year when the new staff has an entire year. If **** like this happens, they'll have a replacement ready to go.

Last edited:
Yeah exactly. If they portal out, nil deal breaks but all the money they got paid is still theres. I assume thats how they are structured

Advertisement
I would guess the numbers are low. For an Alabama I suppose we're talking $500K - $1M, and perhaps a signing bonus.

We're going to soon get to the point where college football salaries (via NIL) will outstrip first round annual money at elite schools.

That’s not the argument. The argument is HBCU. Small college is such a relative term but I see you. Cleverly using terms that can’t be quantified.

The fact of the matter is HBCU produce an extremely small number of first rounders. Let’s call spades spades. Coleman’s draft status just took a monumental hit by signing with a HBCU.
Lol it didn’t take a hit. Especially since the unanimous #1 player in the nation will be playing there. As I said, scouts will see the games. NFL is all about projection and measurables so they will give them a look on that alone. BTW, I saw 3 JSU games last year come on TV.. didn’t watch, but stumbled across them lol.

Watch, I can play mental gymnastics too.

You can't name a single Top 100 kid who signed with an HBCU who was drafted outside the first round.

See? As for TV, that only matters for recruiting, and this is an after-the-commitment conversation.

This is new territory, brother. Prospects like this have never chosen HBCU's. There's no historical data.
We should band this clown, he's a mope and not even funny
I’m a mope? I’ve literally called Cribby the GOAT on every single platform (247, Twitter, here, CIS Toutube, etc.). I can’t bust some balls once in a while? Give me a break.

Lol it didn’t take a hit. Especially since the unanimous #1 player in the nation will be playing there. As I said, scouts will see the games. NFL is all about projection and measurables so they will give them a look on that alone. BTW, I saw 3 JSU games last year come on TV.. didn’t watch, but stumbled across them lol.
No it’s more than that. Competition is just as important.

Advertisement
Shawn Carter coming in with support for HBCUs in 3…2…1…
You know the say it a U thing and that you won't understand. If you never experience any HBCU life whether that's being an alum or just social gatherings then you wouldn't understand. Don't need Jay-Z but Sean Combs doing things above and under the table and for more HBCU than just Howard

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back