2022 Kevin Coleman 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Can't kill a kid for making at minimum, high six figures right outta high school and choosing a path less taken.

We have no idea how this Coach Prime career will go or what becomes of Jackson State in the next few years...but, credit to Prime, Prime's kid, Hunter and Coleman for choosing a different path. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. I'd gladly accept one of these from Miami for a kid we just started recruiting in exchange for FSU to get absolutely embarrassed on signing day by a player that was supposed to be a foundation piece moving forward.

You're playing for second place now, too, especially with the portal so...if he's legit and balls out...I hoped he liked his visit and maybe we can see'em again down the road. Him signing with Jackson State is inoffensive.

Advertisement
The optics of Coleman’s commitment is nothing compared to what they did with Hunter. Barstool isnt breaking out major coin for a good prospect that most haven’t heard of at a January all star game
Dont think he got any barstool money.

Deion likely got him some other nil but not barstool type.

Kid seemed to ride that wave..deion n his son worked him. I dont see 6figures dropping for this kid

That’s not the argument. The argument is HBCU. Small college is such a relative term but I see you. Cleverly using terms that can’t be quantified.

The fact of the matter is HBCU produce an extremely small number of first rounders. Let’s call spades spades. Coleman’s draft status just took a monumental hit by signing with a HBCU.
Yes and no. If he really is a 1st round talent, he'll be able to portal out, get a fat NIL deal, play a junior/senior year at Bama (prob win a chip too lolz) and still go 1st round. Game has changed

This thread from page 34 on:

Naked Gun Panic GIF
:

Can't kill a kid for making at minimum, high six figures right outta high school and choosing a path less taken.

We have no idea how this Coach Prime career will go or what becomes of Jackson State in the next few years...but, credit to Prime, Prime's kid, Hunter and Coleman for choosing a different path. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't.

You're playing for second place now, too, especially with the portal so...if he's legit and balls out...I hoped he liked his visit and maybe we can see'em again down the road. Him signing with Jackson State is inoffensive.
Don’t you think these NIL deals with HBCU contains some kind of clause concerning the transfer portal? You have to think that they do.

Advertisement
As a diehard Canes fan, I always want us to get the best players. In this situation, we’ll be fine. We’re good at WR. Getting more quality WR’s while it’s always a good look, we’d be stacking. We have other areas of major need. As a product of an HBCU myself, I smiled when I heard the news. HBCU’s in general have produced and continue to produce some of the finest black leaders in general with half the fanfare and even less of the resources of PWI’s. 2

Blue chip players going to HBCU’s isn’t going to kill major college FB. Beyond football, these players will grow immensely from the environment of an HBCU education and experience due to them actually being valued as people off the field and not only seen as commodities to be stacked, siphoned, dealt. The slander that some of you “sophisticated” individuals are throwing at HBCU’s is unwarranted and uncalled for.

A year ago you probably wouldn’t have strung together the letters H-B-C-&-U to conjure up an idea or sentiment that could be classified of as intelligent nor coherent. However today you find yourself “hating” an HBCU who rich history or culture you know nothing about simply because it “stole” one of your “precious” black boy athlete commodities... Shut the **** up and chill out.

He’s gonna be aite. He’s in good hands. Deion is doing a commendable job, period. We lost out on a recruit, we’ll grab others. You better fix your mouth quick fast and in a mutha****n hurry talking about black people’s business on the site and LETS BE CLEAR, HBCU’s have always and will unequivocally ALWAYS be black peoples business. In the immortal words of the famous urban poet known as “The Snowman”, *****, get cha mind right..

Hahaaa 😂 tell them. And without navigating through the emotions and ignorance on this site regarding this matter, all they have to do is realize that there is a lot of good football players out there. You miss one then you discover another. It’s enough talent out there. I’m happy for JSU.

Don’t you think these NIL deals with HBCU contains some kind of clause concerning the transfer portal? You have to think that they do.
man, I don't ******* know, b. I don't think anyone is looking that far ahead. As a former child that signed a contract (student loans) and had no idea wtf I was signing at the time...I can assure you Kevin Coleman Jr. wasn't looking for clauses in an official legal document that would bind him as an indentured servant of the state of Jackson until the terms of the deal are met.

Advertisement
Two blue chippers going to JSU is not enough to get ESPN televising their games. Maybe a game or two but when Bama is playing LSU most of America is watching that. Not Travis Hunter go for 400 yards against inferior competition.
I wasn't talking about JSU getting a TV. But just watch when these HBCU basketball teams star getting players that would have went to Duke or Kentucky. When it happens at March Madness then they still go 1 and done to the lottery is when the deals come in I'm speaking of not tomorrow but projection

Back up your assertions please. If you can:

1. In the past twenty years, how many players from HBCU went in the first round of NFL Draft?

2. How many HBCU games were nationally televised this past season?

Watch, I can play mental gymnastics too.

You can't name a single Top 100 kid who signed with an HBCU who was drafted outside the first round.

See? As for TV, that only matters for recruiting, and this is an after-the-commitment conversation.

This is new territory, brother. Prospects like this have never chosen HBCU's. There's no historical data.

Advertisement
As a diehard Canes fan, I always want us to get the best players. In this situation, we’ll be fine. We’re good at WR. Getting more quality WR’s while it’s always a good look, we’d be stacking. We have other areas of major need. As a product of an HBCU myself, I smiled when I heard the news. HBCU’s in general have produced and continue to produce some of the finest black leaders in general with half the fanfare and even less of the resources of PWI’s. 2

Blue chip players going to HBCU’s isn’t going to kill major college FB. Beyond football, these players will grow immensely from the environment of an HBCU education and experience due to them actually being valued as people off the field and not only seen as commodities to be stacked, siphoned, dealt. The slander that some of you “sophisticated” individuals are throwing at HBCU’s is unwarranted and uncalled for.

A year ago you probably wouldn’t have strung together the letters H-B-C-&-U to conjure up an idea or sentiment that could be classified of as intelligent nor coherent. However today you find yourself “hating” an HBCU who rich history or culture you know nothing about simply because it “stole” one of your “precious” black boy athlete commodities... Shut the **** up and chill out.

He’s gonna be aite. He’s in good hands. Deion is doing a commendable job, period. We lost out on a recruit, we’ll grab others. You better fix your mouth quick fast and in a mutha****n hurry talking about black people’s business on the site and LETS BE CLEAR, HBCU’s have always and will unequivocally ALWAYS be black peoples business. In the immortal words of the famous urban poet known as “The Snowman”, *****, get cha mind right..
Lol I’m clapping and laughing at the same time on this one (at the end). But yes, HBCU’s are good schools.

They are likely just paid out per year, top players prob get signing bonus. Example $100K total deal, paid $25K per year. Stay two years and then portal, well you got $50K. Pretty simple

I wasn't talking about JSU getting a TV. But just watch when these HBCU basketball teams star getting players that would have went to Duke or Kentucky. When it happens at March Madness then they still go 1 and done to the lottery is when the deals come in I'm speaking of not tomorrow but projection
With the NBA letting kids turn pro out HS I’d be shocked if kids skipped the big schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back