Keshawn Lawrence latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
That may be, but we cant be hippocrates. SoBe is off campus & not affiliated with us but we use it as a recruiting tool just as they use Dollywood. That's all I was trying to articulate
Do people actually care about Dollywood? I would hope not.

Advertisement
He didn't say 1st rounders. You did. Now you're changing it up to make your point. We all know that we haven't had the large numbers of elite talent in the past decade, but we have consistently put guys into the league.

Let's not forget how we got here. We were struggling for top talent early in the decade and the the Nevin Shapiro scandal killed any recovery. Meanwhile, Alabama. Clemson, and Georgia seized on SF recruits to help build their programs to elite status. Now were chasing them to win back top recruits in our own backyard.

We saw in 2017 what Miami could be. We saw Hard Rock packed and as loud as any stadium in the country. The enthusiasm in SF is there. We just need consistent 10+ seasons to do it. Richt had that opportunity after 2017 and signed a top 10 class. He failed miserably in the 2018 season and in recruiting. Manny picked up the pieces, salvaged the 2019 recruiting class, and is on par to sign top 10 classes in 2020 and 2021. Winning on the field has to take place this year.

The school will give Manny time to win, but the fans and recruits won't. Miami has to win 10+ games out of the gates for the 2019 season or Manny will lose the momentum he's establishing with recruits.

If we can keep our staff together, I feel we have the right guy running the show. Failure is not an option!!!
That's not how we got here brother... We got here by doing a larger scale of what we have done in recruiting. We've been lazy. We were complacent about the staffs we put together starting with allowing us to muscle Coker into place who would tell you himself he had no clue how to how to run a program. The alternative was shalalalalalah sticking us with Alvarez which wouldve been horrible for us as well forcing his beliefs and hers into our program. Once we got crap staffs in place we trusted evaluations of people who lacked football drive. Who have no understanding of our culture. You guys laugh about keeping our hirings in house but it's simply foolish to scoff at it. We constantly run and hire new faces that knew what it took to win at temple, to win at Georgia at Texas etc. None of them have been a part from a coaching perspective of winning here. Kids here are different. I'll shout up about this but I wish some of you guys would just open your eyes. Keeping staff together is great. Builds cohesion obviously. But not everyone should be or will be retained at some point obviously. Drop the egos and make the right hire when it's called for.

Least of their worries because apparently we’re not the first school to do it. Put in the y in his name when there’s not one. Would be more concerned with what players were seen doing by both official visitors and their parents when they were walking in with their hosts.
How ironic, that we got Graig Cooper, also out of Tennessee, in part bc Randy knew how to spell and pronounce his name correctly.

Advertisement
About to jump on a plane to fly to Phoenix but last I heard was parents won over by DVD, Rumph, and Manny. Highsmith gave them a good talk about why the Browns pull so many Canes and his role in that.

His 7v7 coach says Cane. Probably won’t have many, if any at all, conversations with coaches until he commits so he can weigh his options without any distractions.

well this is a homer site. im not gonna lie, i had hope that they would come (TC more than PS2 bc i thought PS2 was going to LSU to complete his dads dream). the noise around UGA was there and that year, we had a great year (for us in our recent history) and still didnt move the needle, i figured it was done.
I think part of it was I took them all out to 11 the night before and without saying too many details let's just say one of the individuals yall keep speaking on got a lil too excited. Made a mess out of himself in front of quite a few future teammates and others. Had to send him back to the grove with a driver. Some people get intimidated around these Spanish women you know. Lol. Honestly I know yall dont wanna hear it but I've talked with pat sr about this even and if EVERYTHING WAS EVEN both of them wouldve come here. It's just real tough to say no to all that.

About to jump on a plane to fly to Phoenix but last I heard was parents won over by DVD, Rumph, and Manny. Highsmith gave them a good talk about why the Browns pull so many Canes and his role in that.

His 7v7 coach says Cane. Probably won’t have many, if any at all, conversations with coaches until he commits so he can weigh his options without any distractions.

Thanks but parents especially his mom being won over were already posted about hours ago.

guess we cant make fun of UFs unorganized camps anymore.
Of course we can it's the gayturds. We can make fun of them for eternity.
12314038314_77b3aee46d_o.gif

Advertisement

I think having a guy like Highsmith in a front office of an nfl team making decisions and still coming to HS camps on campus is underrated.

I’d love to see some more ex canes get into nfl coaching and front office personnel.

Advertisement
That's not how we got here brother... We got here by doing a larger scale of what we have done in recruiting. We've been lazy. We were complacent about the staffs we put together starting with allowing us to muscle Coker into place who would tell you himself he had no clue how to how to run a program. The alternative was shalalalalalah sticking us with Alvarez which wouldve been horrible for us as well forcing his beliefs and hers into our program. Once we got crap staffs in place we trusted evaluations of people who lacked football drive. Who have no understanding of our culture. You guys laugh about keeping our hirings in house but it's simply foolish to scoff at it. We constantly run and hire new faces that knew what it took to win at temple, to win at Georgia at Texas etc. None of them have been a part from a coaching perspective of winning here. Kids here are different. I'll shout up about this but I wish some of you guys would just open your eyes. Keeping staff together is great. Builds cohesion obviously. But not everyone should be or will be retained at some point obviously. Drop the egos and make the right hire when it's called for.
you have to get So Florida. That is why i think Field was a great hire.

you are so right about coker. My boy said when coker was hc he would be standing around talking to players while the position coaches ran it like they did under butch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back