Keshawn Lawrence latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
DVD saved the day. No credit to Rumph, no credit to Baker, Banda, Ivey, etc.

If he comes... Demarcus Van Dyke gets all the credit.

One of my favorite players during purgatory. Dudes a trip.

dvddance.gif

Advertisement
It's all the same money at the end of the day. Think of it like this, if we use some of the network money to upgrade our facilities and the facilities upgrade is helped get the commit, is that not playing the bag game?

I'm certain some of the money gets funneled down from the top though and into the hands of the people in a position of influence.

No. That is not what the bag game is. Not remotely at all.

Ray Ray, Tracey Howard to name a few.

The 2018 cycle of Campbell, Jobe, PS2 etc. was literally the best DB class of all time and he blew it.

He was *extremely lucky* that DJ Ivey and Frierson were also in that class, because any other year other teams are coming much harder for them.
Ray Ray was a 4 star that was later dismissed from the team. So that's one elite DB in 15 years and u say Rumph doesn't belong bc he's been unable to get one in the 2 years he's been recruiting here? Lol makes sense.

Let's ignore the fact that he's sent multiple players into the league and developed a 3 star MJ into a draft pick. Or the fact that we are like 3 deep at the CB position with 4 stars.

Stop crying over something that happened 2 years ago. Something that Miami hasn't done consistently in 20 years.

Lol at Bags...There were Plethora of Bags from 95-2000...I'm talking Bunches...

Big Numbers for the Last 10yrs??...Lol...Where??...Big Numbers from 84-2004??...Absolutely...But the last 10+ yrs there have not been Big numbers...How many 1st Rounders and Draft picks from 08 till 2018??...Compared to 1998-2007??....**** right evaluations and recruiting have suffered Terribly....
He didn't say 1st rounders. You did. Now you're changing it up to make your point. We all know that we haven't had the large numbers of elite talent in the past decade, but we have consistently put guys into the league.

Let's not forget how we got here. We were struggling for top talent early in the decade and the the Nevin Shapiro scandal killed any recovery. Meanwhile, Alabama. Clemson, and Georgia seized on SF recruits to help build their programs to elite status. Now were chasing them to win back top recruits in our own backyard.

We saw in 2017 what Miami could be. We saw Hard Rock packed and as loud as any stadium in the country. The enthusiasm in SF is there. We just need consistent 10+ seasons to do it. Richt had that opportunity after 2017 and signed a top 10 class. He failed miserably in the 2018 season and in recruiting. Manny picked up the pieces, salvaged the 2019 recruiting class, and is on par to sign top 10 classes in 2020 and 2021. Winning on the field has to take place this year.

The school will give Manny time to win, but the fans and recruits won't. Miami has to win 10+ games out of the gates for the 2019 season or Manny will lose the momentum he's establishing with recruits.

If we can keep our staff together, I feel we have the right guy running the show. Failure is not an option!!!

Advertisement
Jobe wasn't on rumph. banda was the lead recruiter there. Campbell and Surtain weren't going to be canes (TC barely even came on campus). ****, LSU lost ps2 more than we did tbh since that was his dads dream school

I disagree. I think the "Campbell and Surtain weren't going to be canes" is a talking point some of you made up to subsidize the pain of losing these kids. People really beleived we were landing those kids. I remember that Dan Sileo troll like yesterday!

Another thing some you guys fail to realize to is that there is an opportunity cost for everything. For every kid that Rumph missed, there is probably a coach out there that CAN land those kids. And we've seen the flip side of opportunity cost recently here at Miami! For example, Dnofrio getting fired and Manny turning our Defense into leading the country in tackles for loss in under 3 years. Same can be done for CB recruiting.

At the end of the day, maybe it's all moot and Rumph is such a good coach at coaching up the talent he has that it does not even matter. But we still have depth problems at CB this year and I think it's valid to bring up his misses during CMRs years.

If he or his parents didn’t gel with the current players I doubt he’s coming. Hope every was smoothed out but idk...

It's all the same money at the end of the day. Think of it like this, if we use some of the network money to upgrade our facilities and the facilities upgrade is helped get the commit, is that not playing the bag game?

I'm certain some of the money gets funneled down from the top though and into the hands of the people in a position of influence.
You are an idiot

Advertisement
Least of their worries because apparently we’re not the first school to do it. Put in the y in his name when there’s not one. Would be more concerned with what players were seen doing by both official visitors and their parents when they were walking in with their hosts.
Man if that’s the scit he’s crying about then he was always going to Tennessee and just looking for any BS reason to justify him being a silent already. FOH, we got a commitment from the best DL in south Florida the same **** night, so that BS can run the marathon.

Ray Ray, Tracey Howard to name a few.

The 2018 cycle of Campbell, Jobe, PS2 etc. was literally the best DB class of all time and he blew it.

He was *extremely lucky* that DJ Ivey and Frierson were also in that class, because any other year other teams are coming much harder for them.
Them dudes got paid

But its okay to ignore $EC $$$ Bags though, Huh??

If it was bags then why were we recruiting all those kids up until the very last minute? If it was really that easy to just get the kid with a bag, don't you think bags would have ended the recruitment months ago? Years ago?

Look the bagman is a real problem that's escalated in recent years, but that does not mean you guys can just default to "we did not get this kid because of the bagman" on every single kid that we lose without single shred of evidence.

Doubt they would be doing that at the Hard Rock where coaches, recruits and their families are around. Would be beyond stupid.

The pass thing is just lazy. How hard is it to google a kid's name to check the spelling if you're not sure. I'm not sure that having him OV for paradise with so much going on was a good idea.
That’s not why he wouldn’t commit. Don’t just believe everything someone who is close to the situation says. **** teams have had way less than these kids here now have and they still committed. Dude just covering his *** now Bc the visit is over and he doesn’t know what has been reported on Lawrence.

Advertisement
Ray Ray was a 4 star that was later dismissed from the team. So that's one elite DB in 15 years and u say Rumph doesn't belong bc he's been unable to get one in the 2 years he's been recruiting here? Lol makes sense.

Let's ignore the fact that he's sent multiple players into the league and developed a 3 star MJ into a draft pick. Or the fact that we are like 3 deep at the CB position with 4 stars.

Stop crying over something that happened 2 years ago. Something that Miami hasn't done consistently in 20 years.

Bro I'm not crying about anything.

LOL - I'm simply answering two questions that YOU posed:
  1. Please "point out a reason [why Rumph] doesn't belong on the staff." - I think there is a very valid argument that his recruiting has been sub-par. Apprently I was not the only one, because there were multiple reports that Manny Diaz had to have a talk with it about him and he was thinking about hiring someone else when he first got hired.

2. How many "elite DBs have we signed in the last 15 years?" - Ray Ray & Tracy Howard were both 5 stars according to Rivals. That's a FACT. Yes they were overrated and their careers did not end up as expected for whatever reason, but they were still elite DB recruits that we signed in the past 15 years.

And all the Rumph haters still have yet to point out a reason he doesn't belong on the staff. Not a single reason.

Y'all still scared over the AHS situation. A situation that we haven't won in 15 years. Get over it and move on.

Oh it ain’t just the AH situation that make people doubt him

Similar or exactly what Dee says or hints at, having a Miami kid host a non- Miami kid is probably a terrible idea. Miami kids typically don’t care about anyone outside of there area that are being recruited, and if they are hosting and say going out for the night, they are probably going to have some of there friends meet up and now this becomes a huge clicky situation and being a recruit from out of town you feel left out. With a kid from Tennessee we’d probably have been better off having a Georgia kid host him (George, Dallas for example). There are exceptions but 9 out of 10 times this is probably the case.

Advertisement
I disagree. I think the "Campbell and Surtain weren't going to be canes" is a talking point some of you made up to subsidize the pain of losing these kids. People really beleived we were landing those kids. I remember that Dan Sileo troll like yesterday!

Another thing some you guys fail to realize to is that there is an opportunity cost for everything. For every kid that Rumph missed, there is probably a coach out there that CAN land those kids. And we've seen the flip side of opportunity cost recently here at Miami! For example, Dnofrio getting fired and Manny turning our Defense into leading the country in tackles for loss in under 3 years. Same can be done for CB recruiting.

At the end of the day, maybe it's all moot and Rumph is such a good coach at coaching up the talent he has that it does not even matter. But we still have depth problems at CB this year and I think it's valid to bring up his misses during CMRs years.
Dude campbell didn't step foot on campus all year that year until his ov in february. Dude had went to a satellite camp at fiu and didn't stop by miami at all. And if rumph had some things on his side maybe he would have got those guys but miami aint in the game.

Ray ray was a five star and jackson kerr was a 4 star, so its miamis fault as a whole for not getting top DBs and not the one recruiting the DBs?

you should do some research on TCs recruitment. no one but homers believed we had a shot at TC after it became clear early in the cycle. he would never come to campus unlike stevenson or jobe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back