Keshawn Lawrence latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Whatever money we lack we will have to make up in location and culture of the program.

Once that ACC Network money starts rolling in we will be in a better position to compete with the big dogs. At that point location and culture should put us over the top.
Isn't the whole point of the "bag game" that the money comes from an untraceable donor network? Not directly from the coffers of the University.

Advertisement
Isn't the whole point of the "bag game" that the money comes from an untraceable donor network? Not directly from the coffers of the University.
It's all the same money at the end of the day. Think of it like this, if we use some of the network money to upgrade our facilities and the facilities upgrade is helped get the commit, is that not playing the bag game?

I'm certain some of the money gets funneled down from the top though and into the hands of the people in a position of influence.

Want to clear some things up about some of the info shared during the Lawrence visit. I believe @mjackson6 has legit Info with the contact he has, he’s proved it in the past.

But to be fare I was told DJ Ivey was In South Miami all day prior to Paradise so he wouldn’t have been hosting at all until Paradise. I was also told during Paradise DJ wasn’t a host for anybody, he was obviously a coach at the event but my contact said he wasn’t hosting, which would explain him disappearing for a time period. The kids coaching the event have specific instructions and jobs to do and I don’t think hosting is part of that. Maybe it was a miscommunication with Lawrence’s camp thinking DJ was a host, and that’s probably why DVD jumped in, because he was supposed to.

That’s the story I was told.

You know that's DVD job though right? Hes support staff. Obviously the others are a lil busy. Should've never had DJ with him though. Great kid but very quiet. Even shy. Far as the rest that's all on cooney and brooke. Gotta coordinate and stay on top of responsibilities better. I'm out of town but I heard the issue and it seems pretty petty.
If true, I forgive Brooke regardless!!! 😀

Advertisement
It's all the same money at the end of the day. Think of it like this, if we use some of the network money to upgrade our facilities and the facilities upgrade is helped get the commit, is that not playing the bag game?

I'm certain some of the money gets funneled down from the top though and into the hands of the people in a position of influence.

Literally, one of the most ignorant posts I've ever seen.

No, the "bag game" is not "facilities". Never has been. Never will be.

Eric ****erson didn't fall in love with SMU's great "facilities". He got paid.

And all the Rumph haters still have yet to point out a reason he doesn't belong on the staff. Not a single reason.

Y'all still scared over the AHS situation. A situation that we haven't won in 15 years. Get over it and move on.

How about the fact that's he's 0-10 on elite SoFla DBs? Love Mike Rumph the man, but you can't ignore the misses.

Advertisement
Want to clear some things up about some of the info shared during the Lawrence visit. I believe @mjackson6 has legit Info with the contact he has, he’s proved it in the past.

But to be fare I was told DJ Ivey was In South Miami all day prior to Paradise so he wouldn’t have been hosting at all until Paradise. I was also told during Paradise DJ wasn’t a host for anybody, he was obviously a coach at the event but my contact said he wasn’t hosting, which would explain him disappearing for a time period. The kids coaching the event have specific instructions and jobs to do and I don’t think hosting is part of that. Maybe it was a miscommunication with Lawrence’s camp thinking DJ was a host, and that’s probably why DVD jumped in, because he was supposed to.

That’s the story I was told.
But how can a recruit not have a player host? That would be a first.

How many elite DBs have we signed in the last 15 years?

Ray Ray, Tracey Howard to name a few.

The 2018 cycle of Campbell, Jobe, PS2 etc. was literally the best DB class of all time and he blew it.

He was *extremely lucky* that DJ Ivey and Frierson were also in that class, because any other year other teams are coming much harder for them.

Not committed to vols or coach Black would know and be rubbing it in my face considering he’s a volunqueer himself.

That being said... parents (think he has an uncle older cousin with him too) not impressed by the atmosphere last night. Got a bad vibe early upon arriving at Hard Rock or possibly before (short and sweet some current players doing some stuff they shouldn’t be doing). Had his name spelled wrong on some kind of pass or something given to him and one of our recruiting staffers greeted him that didn’t know who he was off the bat... and then Ivey might not have been the best host. Stayed pretty quiet and didn’t have the best answers to their questions. DVD came in and took over for the rest of the night and it got much better but a rough start to say the least. Today at campus got off to a better start. Parents impressed by Coral Gables and the campus/education. Hopefully Corn swoops in at some point today. Even considering using tomorrow as an unofficial to see all they need to see and heading out Monday. TBD.

I’m flying out to west coast for work tomorrow then coming home and going on vacation right after. Might not be on here for a bit but word is he’ll be committed somewhere by the time I get back from vacation and recruitment shut down.

Well that was fun while it lasted. Good luck at Tennessee.

Advertisement
Ray Ray, Tracey Howard to name a few.

The 2018 cycle of Campbell, Jobe, PS2 etc. was literally the best DB class of all time and he blew it.

He was *extremely lucky* that DJ Ivey and Frierson were also in that class, because any other year other teams are coming much harder for them.

Jobe wasn't on rumph. banda was the lead recruiter there. Campbell and Surtain weren't going to be canes (TC barely even came on campus). ****, LSU lost ps2 more than we did tbh since that was his dads dream school

But how can a recruit not have a player host? That would be a first.

My guy could be missing some Info, but if Key showed up on Friday DJ wasn’t around. Was Key an official visit? If so typically a camp like this isn’t going on during an official. And if I’m wrong and DJ was a host I do know he had other responsibilities besides hosting. Dee pretty much confirmed some of the story is true but just want to give the benefit of the doubt

Advertisement
Least of their worries because apparently we’re not the first school to do it. Put in the y in his name when there’s not one. Would be more concerned with what players were seen doing by both official visitors and their parents when they were walking in with their hosts.

What were they doing?

My guy could be missing some Info, but if Key showed up on Friday DJ wasn’t around. Was Key an official visit? If so typically a camp like this isn’t going on during an official. And if I’m wrong and DJ was a host I do know he had other responsibilities besides hosting. Dee pretty much confirmed some of the story is true but just want to give the benefit of the doubt
He was on an official. He definitely had a host for the weekend that wasn't DVD. All accounts were that he was paired with DJ, so I'm not too sure about this one.

We still owe you for Byrd, whose career was ruined by going to Tennessee and getting turned into a WR. Dude was the goods as a DB. More importantly, is there anyone you’re gonna steal from the gaytors? Some of us really love a good gaytor meltdown.
Tyler Byrd got everything he was supposed to get the way he behaved with Miami. His lil bro did too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back