Kerry Blackshear

Officially in the portal. Would be a huge potential addition and instant starter. Wonder if he'd want to stay in the ACC and go up against his former team twice year. I'm sure staff will be in touch given familiarity. He's from Orlando so you'd think we'd be in the mix along with UCF.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Maybe we can do a little better than "invite him to the spring game". Can we take him to Joe's, Monty's and BT's (since KODs is done).

Those places are in Miami. If he comes for a visit, absolutely. I was just talking about trying to get ahold of him NOW. This week. When we will have a bunch of UM folks in Orlando. That's all.

Those places are in Miami. If he comes for a visit, absolutely. I was just talking about trying to get ahold of him NOW. This week. When we will have a bunch of UM folks in Orlando. That's all.

Just a random thought, if there are a bunch of UM folks in Orlando, how come Miami does not schedule a home and home series with UCF in men's basketball? That only makes sense to me.

Just a random thought, if there are a bunch of UM folks in Orlando, how come Miami does not schedule a home and home series with UCF in men's basketball? That only makes sense to me.

That's actually a good point. I have mentioned this before, that basketball and baseball should be playing more Florida-based teams for OOC games. UCF has made the NCAA tourney, FGCU has made the tourney, and I think USF is fairly close to those two in hoops. I think we are playing in an Orlando-area tourney in 2019 (or was it 2018), but we should schedule the 3 schools I mentioned on a fairly regular basis.

Advertisement
That's actually a good point. I have mentioned this before, that basketball and baseball should be playing more Florida-based teams for OOC games. UCF has made the NCAA tourney, FGCU has made the tourney, and I think USF is fairly close to those two in hoops. I think we are playing in an Orlando-area tourney in 2019 (or was it 2018), but we should schedule the 3 schools I mentioned on a fairly regular basis.

I agree. I'd also like to play UF on a home and home or even a neutral site game. I don't know why we can't do all of these things.

I agree. I'd also like to play UF on a home and home or even a neutral site game. I don't know why we can't do all of these things.

If I was going to hazard a guess, I would imagine that schools like UCF and USF will try to use the hoops scheduling phone call to try to extract a football series out of the whole deal.

Let's schedule FGCU first. Then we can call around.

If I was going to hazard a guess, I would imagine that schools like UCF and USF will try to use the hoops scheduling phone call to try to extract a football series out of the whole deal.

Let's schedule FGCU first. Then we can call around.

Ignoring the football stuff, I don't understand why we haven't been doing this for a long time already.

FGCU, USF, UCF and UF. I don't see why we can't play 2-3 of those games annually.

Advertisement
I have said it for the last two seasons. Miami should schedule home and home men's basketball games with UF, FGCU, USF, UCF, FIU and FAU. I think playing more state schools would be alot better than scheduling the likes of Campbell, SFA, Lehigh, Houston Baptist or Bethune Cookman.

If UF wants to go neutral site then Miami should play Florida in the Orange Bowl Classic every year. I am so against soft scheduling.

Games against other Florida schools are easier to market and draw a crowd. At some point, selling out the Watsco Center has to be the goal.

I have said it for the last two seasons. Miami should schedule home and home men's basketball games with UF, FGCU, USF, UCF, FIU and FAU. I think playing more state schools would be alot better than scheduling the likes of Campbell, SFA, Lehigh, Houston Baptist or Bethune Cookman.

If UF wants to go neutral site then Miami should play Florida in the Orange Bowl Classic every year. I am so against soft scheduling.

Games against other Florida schools are easier to market and draw a crowd. At some point, selling out the Watsco Center has to be the goal.

You are one of the worst posters here.

It takes two teams to schedule a game. Florida doesn't want to play Miami every year in basketball. That's a known fact.

Season tickets are sold out and attendance has never been better than it has been in recent years. Playing FIU (who nobody cares about) isn't going to get more people interested.

Advertisement
Back