Kermit Whitfield and FSU

That's why its called HOPE my friend. From what I continue to hear, him coming here is still a real possibility. Its continues to be ALL on him (grades and character concerns), and if he WANTS to be here, he'll put it in the work. He's TOO talented a player to just give up on. A much better prospect then Cunningham or Whitfield IMO.....

Don't get your hopes up for Coley

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Some one else posted that here a while back, that FSU wasn't even recruiting Whitfield for football and that if we weren't taking him then he would be playing somewhere other than UM or FSU. Pete is saying the Noles have the lead which suggests that Levonte does have a commitable offer from FSU. His highlight film looks good, but I'm not as excited about him as some of the other posters in this thread. We've had really fast players here recently who were no where close to being the difference makers that we assumed they would be. There are so many factors that are involved in being a great receiver at a big time D1 program. Speed is certainly up there in importance, but running the right routes, reading coverages, making adjustments to get open, having great hands, etc., etc. Perhaps Levonte has all of that. Having never seen him play live and only seen a 2 min highlight video its hard to say. The receiver that jumped out to me was Coley. He looked explosive. Reminds me of Watkins.

I don't think Miami or FSU would take Kermit right now.

How we can't get ANY business done in the Orlando/Jacksonville area, while FSU can come south and get guys is beyond me. I know historically we've always struck out up North, but ****, can we at least get 1 or 2 guys? Glad AG is building the pipeline in Tampa......

once we start pounding some teams into the ground with AG's work ethic and consistency people will start to change there mind and the canes will turn heads

Some one else posted that here a while back, that FSU wasn't even recruiting Whitfield for football and that if we weren't taking him then he would be playing somewhere other than UM or FSU. Pete is saying the Noles have the lead which suggests that Levonte does have a commitable offer from FSU. His highlight film looks good, but I'm not as excited about him as some of the other posters in this thread. We've had really fast players here recently who were no where close to being the difference makers that we assumed they would be. There are so many factors that are involved in being a great receiver at a big time D1 program. Speed is certainly up there in importance, but running the right routes, reading coverages, making adjustments to get open, having great hands, etc., etc. Perhaps Levonte has all of that. Having never seen him play live and only seen a 2 min highlight video its hard to say. The receiver that jumped out to me was Coley. He looked explosive. Reminds me of Watkins.

I don't think Miami or FSU would take Kermit right now.

Personally I'd take Kermit if I was Miami or FSU. I like him a bit more than Jesus Wilson (FSU) and I think he brings an added dimension to Miami that's worth a scholarship (unless Kearse wanted back in). I also wouldn't have offered RL3 or Kerr either so more spots would be available ;).

Not my own info but Noles are adamant that Kermit can't commit there and likely never will be able to. They're content with their receiver situation unless Coley qualifies and wants in. I don't blame them really...Stevens, Jones and Wilson is a good haul.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back