Keontra Smith

mlw352

Sophomore
Am I crazy to see this kid as a middle linebacker watching his tape seems like a smart strong fast player, but he’s built like a linebacker and plays like one on His film to me but just wondering if that’s why manny and company aren’t going crazy trying to find new middle linebacker.

Advertisement
I know Harvey is an outside lb who projects as a de, but if he decides on UM he seems to me to be an option at middle linebacker. He has the size and quickness to do well there. Smith certainly has excellent athletic ability but I see him as bit small for a middle linebacker.

Advertisement
I know Harvey is an outside lb who projects as a de, but if he decides on UM he seems to me to be an option at middle linebacker. He has the size and quickness to do well there. Smith certainly has excellent athletic ability but I see him as bit small for a middle linebacker.
Harvey will never play MLB.

Smith will never play MLB.

Am I crazy to see this kid as a middle linebacker watching his tape seems like a smart strong fast player, but he’s built like a linebacker and plays like one on His film to me but just wondering if that’s why manny and company aren’t going crazy trying to find new middle linebacker.

Congrats, yes you are crazy.

Advertisement
Diaz is creating another new position just for Keontra - Strafetyback.

Advertisement

Harvey is a big, fluid, block-shedding, tackling machine that plays well in space, and I get where the MLB question is coming from based on his film. That said, it's hard to imagine him not settling in at DE with D1 college nutrition/S&C.

Last edited:
Thank you kids playing lb basically his whole tape you see Derrick smith moved down a spot and this kids built in the same mold but I see quick feet and good instincts which made me think he can play middle backer like a deon Buchanan or Thomas Davis type

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back