Keontra Smith 24/7 Bump

Advertisement
Someone posted a while back about Smith saying we weren’t keeping in regular contact. Anything of concern commitment wise here?

Advertisement
That’s awesome and well deserved. Marcus and Avery are probably going to get their bumps real soon as well.

Could be wrong but looking today it looks like Avery Huff got a small bump up. He was listed further down from Soloman and now he's right behind him on our commit list on 247.

Advertisement
Jaquan Johnson 2.0... is that a fair comparison? I watched like 5 plays off that tape and that's the vibe I got. Maybe even a better overall athlete than JJ. Looks twitchy on tape

Didn't even read the comments before mine about that... looks like I'm not the only one seeing that.

So well deserved, brought this up on pod I think once or twice already. He is so underrated, I think he is every bit of a playmaker as Richards, Tyrique and Battle who get all the notoriety, tests exceptionally well like them too.

And he has a great attitude.

Advertisement
If we are looking at him and Jaquan based on high school tape only, Smith is better. Jaquan developped so nicely tho that its hard to tell if Smith will do the same but I think that he has everything it would take to get to that level and beyond.

Guy’s playing out of his effing mind that 2020 class might be the best we had at this university. I don’t see a guy committed on that list that won’t be a starter for us at one point.
Yup.

His teammate Jaiden Francois is special. 5 ints through 4 games, he was the best performer overall for me at Paradise.

If we are looking at him and Jaquan based on high school tape only, Smith is better. Jaquan developped so nicely tho that its hard to tell if Smith will do the same but I think that he has everything it would take to get to that level and beyond.

He’s faster and a bit more athletic than Jaquan but Jaquan more instinctual imo and more proven at same stage in coverage. I watched Jaquan for 4 years at Killian so I have to disagree about Smith being “better” but still a great talent regardless IMO.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back