Kentucky OC Fired

Advertisement
The real question is where will Stoopes land next when he's fired. He picked the wrong program and I said as much when he was hired there. When you're a hot name or up and coming coach, you should always wait rather than go to a school like this. Nobody, I mean nobody would win and win big at Kentucky.

The real question is where will Stoopes land next when he's fired. He picked the wrong program and I said as much when he was hired there. When you're a hot name or up and coming coach, you should always wait rather than go to a school like this. Nobody, I mean nobody would win and win big at Kentucky.

There have been a few guys who have won 8 or 9 games at Kentucky. That's the high point at Kentucky. Get there, and you're a hero. Had Stoops managed to meet that bar, then he would have moved on to a better job already. He's been an abject failure.

people should just be glad golden didn't go on this death spiral. If he had fired donofrio he might still have a job.

There have been a few guys who have won 8 or 9 games at Kentucky. That's the high point at Kentucky. Get there, and you're a hero. Had Stoops managed to meet that bar, then he would have moved on to a better job already. He's been an abject failure.

Since 1955, here's their high win totals.

10 - 1x
9 - 2x
8 - 2x (2006 and 2007 under two different coaches)
7 - 4x

Getting to 8 wins is nearly a minor miracle there. 9 wins would be like winning the SEC and 10 is probably a mythical national championship for them.

He hasn't done much, should've beat Vanderbilt or Auburn to say it was a decent year. That would put them at 7 wins which is about as good as it gets. No coach in 50 years there has a winning record.

You just don't take this job. In conference alone, you've got all but one or two schools ahead of you for recruits. Career suicide.

Advertisement

There is a guy who won 9 and 10 at Kentucky. 10-1 in 77 I believe. Fran Curci was the guy - former UM player and HC.

Leading candidate for the job is Eddie Gran accrd to Feldman.

That should read as leading candidate in Kentucky fan's list.
I don't see Gran taking on that job right now under a coach in the midst of his death spiral.

Maybe his boss Turbeville may be interested because he's an SEC guy, and doesn't have that many years
of coaching left anyways.

There is a guy who won 9 and 10 at Kentucky. 10-1 in 77 I believe. Fran Curci was the guy - former UM player and HC.

And he cheated like a muggerfugger to get that program to 10-1.
Several top-tier Florida players on that roster like OT Warren Bryant (Edison).
Got caught at it too.

Advertisement
Leading candidate for the job is Eddie Gran accrd to Feldman.

That should read as leading candidate in Kentucky fan's list.
I don't see Gran taking on that job right now under a coach in the midst of his death spiral.

Maybe his boss Turbeville may be interested because he's an SEC guy, and doesn't have that many years
of coaching left anyways.

Yep. Gran would be a total moron to throw himself into that death spiral. He's an up and coming OC getting great results at Cincinnati. He can destroy that momentum quickly jumping into that death spiral.

Advertisement
Back