Kentavius Street

1jamaicancane

Senior
- His top schools are NC State, LSU, UM, FSU and Ole Miss

- Has no leader currently

- Has an ov for Ole Miss on Oct 26th, FSU on Nov. 2nd and UM January 17th and is waiting to set up ov to NC State and LSU

- He's been holding back on the recruiting process because he wants to put all the effort into his team

- Doesn't watch much football but when he does he wants to see how teams come back from adversity and how the chemistry is with teammates. Doesn't want to see people blow up on each other when things go wrong but rather talk it out as men

- He told UM he didn't want anything to get in the way of his team and UM respected that

- He talks to Larry Scott every week and they talk about Streets team and family and Scott also talks about his family, almost like a brother to brother talk

- He saw the UF game and liked how they were flying around and creating big plays. Everybodys aggressive but especially the dline. They're fast at the point of attack and explosive with their hand. He thinks thats positive and speaks to the coaching they get (Jethro is impressing recruits now I see you Jet!)

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/DE-Kentavius-Street-Has-Three-Visits-Setup-154375

Advertisement
Miami in January is gonna be a nice change for him climate wise and us getting one of his last visits is big too

Miami in January is gonna be a nice change for him climate wise and us getting one of his last visits is big too

could be huge if we are the last visit, hopefully the basketball team can come thru with a big win

edit: would be even better if we are coming off a BCS bowl win

Advertisement
Visiting FSU on November 2nd....

Maybe both staffs convinced him to go to that game. If UM wins you know that gives us steam with him

As far as recruits go, I think a close loss on the road doesn't do any harm. Recruits know they won't be playing on this years team, all that matters is the future and we've done plenty to show we're here to stay.

The biggest thing I got out of this is that Scott is good recruiter.

Anyone know why Scott his leader recruiter?

Visiting FSU on November 2nd....

Maybe both staffs convinced him to go to that game. If UM wins you know that gives us steam with him

As far as recruits go, I think a close loss on the road doesn't do any harm. Recruits know they won't be playing on this years team, all that matters is the future and we've done plenty to show we're here to stay.

I agree, but if UM wins hen I will imagine that our dline plays as well as we've played all year long and that's one thing that Street really wants to see

Advertisement
This kid is a freak, he will give that WDE position a huge boost. He has the size and strength to be a difference maker from day one.

Every coach gets a national area and also a state (florida) area..

Usually after contact is made and we target a recruit, the recruit is also in contact with their position coach but the area Coach is also still involved.

That is how I have seen it done, but could be wrong. If wrong someone can clear up. Hope that makes sense

Advertisement

Every coach gets a national area and also a state (florida) area..

Usually after contact is made and we target a recruit, the recruit is also in contact with their position coach but the area Coach is also still involved.

That is how I have seen it done, but could be wrong. If wrong someone can clear up. Hope that makes sense

It does, and I knew everyone coach has a specific region in the hotbed for talent (Florida). When discussing out of state kids I would think the position coach would be the lead recruiter.

Then again Carroll does recruit the west coast & D'onofrio has the northeast down.

We've gotta be at play here. Right after he got the UM offer, he moved UM to 2 and scheduled a visit. He talked about some of the "Great men" that come out of our program. Sounds like an Al Golden guy to me. Anyway, it'll be hard to fend off all the other teams and NCSU because they're home, but if NCSU keeps losing and Miami keeps winning, we've got a chance.

This guys measurables right? 6'2" 260LB already?

We actually have an abundance of edge guys coming in. We need this type of guy that can grow into 3-4 DEs much like Thomas.

Outside of Pierre, Hamilton, Chick, Kamalu, (Thomas) we don't have any one else on the roster or coming in.

Advertisement
Staff has a bunch of big targets still in process. 3 or 4 big gets will really take this class into space.

Anyone know if he's still taking his visit here? I know he's an NC kid, but 0-8 in conference play this year? Hopefully we can at least get him to see campus.

Advertisement
Back