Kendrick Norton

its not like hes practicing against miami comp, i mean seriously

So he should be doing this or he would be trash for not doing it because his competition is weak. If we heard a freshman olineman was having his way against the DTs on the 2s and 3s including Norton it would be the same way I'm guessing. That OL is going against trash, so what can we really take from it.

Advertisement
H7jSGVX.jpg

Is that Gray? I think he's dead

Choc stay taking losses

Red-shirt the kid an let him develop properly! Yes he is talented but still needs development, I am hoping staff doesn't waste his year for 30-50 snaps this season.

Go Canes

Wyche and Hurt both graduate and our only other returning 1-techs will be Jenkins and Fines. If he's better than any of the upperclassmen, then you play him.

Why would you play him now if both Wyche and Hurtelou are still here? NT's don't grow on trees an if you can stash one or two away for an additional year you do it. For instance they burned Moten's and Jenkins freshman year for a losing season an they each maybe played 50 snaps the whole season playing maybe 5 snaps a game, how is that good roster management on our current staffs part?

Go Canes

So the guy who made a tackle on the second drive against Louisville only found a way to play 4 snaps the rest of the way in that game? 50 for the whole year. Pretty sure Jenkins was the backup NT for at least the first half of the season because Wyche was out of shape.

Jenkins played more than 5 snaps on the second drive of that game.

For the 2014 Season Jenkins had 7 asst Tackles and 7 solo tackles that is it for a whole season an your telling me they shouldn't have redshirted the kid. I am huge a Jenkins fan but I said from the beginning they should have redshirted him.

here is a link to his stats page
Courtel Jenkins Profile - University of Miami Hurricanes Official Athletic Site

2014 (Freshman): Made career debut in season opener at Louisville, recording four tackles (one solo)...Saw action against FAMU, recording one tackle...Tied career high with four tackles against Arkansas State...Added one tackle against Nebraska...Saw action against Duke, did not record any stats...Had two tackles in action against Cincinnati...Saw action against Virginia Tech...Added two tackles against North Carolina...Saw action against Florida State...Did not record any stats in action against Virginia...Saw action against South Carolina in Duck Commander Independence Bowl.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Red-shirt the kid an let him develop properly! Yes he is talented but still needs development, I am hoping staff doesn't waste his year for 30-50 snaps this season.

Go Canes

Wyche and Hurt both graduate and our only other returning 1-techs will be Jenkins and Fines. If he's better than any of the upperclassmen, then you play him.

Why would you play him now if both Wyche and Hurtelou are still here? NT's don't grow on trees an if you can stash one or two away for an additional year you do it. For instance they burned Moten's and Jenkins freshman year for a losing season an they each maybe played 50 snaps the whole season playing maybe 5 snaps a game, how is that good roster management on our current staffs part?

Go Canes

So the guy who made a tackle on the second drive against Louisville only found a way to play 4 snaps the rest of the way in that game? 50 for the whole year. Pretty sure Jenkins was the backup NT for at least the first half of the season because Wyche was out of shape.

Jenkins played more than 5 snaps on the second drive of that game.

For the 2014 Season Jenkins had 7 asst Tackles and 7 solo tackles that is it for a whole season an your telling me they shouldn't have redshirted the kid. I am huge a Jenkins fan but I said from the beginning they should have redshirted him.

here is a link to his stats page
Courtel Jenkins Profile - University of Miami Hurricanes Official Athletic Site

2014 (Freshman): Made career debut in season opener at Louisville, recording four tackles (one solo)...Saw action against FAMU, recording one tackle...Tied career high with four tackles against Arkansas State...Added one tackle against Nebraska...Saw action against Duke, did not record any stats...Had two tackles in action against Cincinnati...Saw action against Virginia Tech...Added two tackles against North Carolina...Saw action against Florida State...Did not record any stats in action against Virginia...Saw action against South Carolina in Duck Commander Independence Bowl.

Your basis for redshirting him was about the number of snaps being played. Which you pulled out of somewhere and were wrong. The starter at the position only registered 25 tackles. Maybe we should've redshirted Heurtelou if possible too? Jenkins was better than half as productive as the starter at a position in a defensive system last year that doesn't get any of the glory and isn't stats oriented.

Maybe you're advocating playing a lesser player to save his year. You want to dump on Golden's inability to have a better option as an upperclassmen? Fine. No argument. Wyche was hurt and out of shape and there was no other alternative but to play the freshman unless Corey King and Earl Moore were guys you wanted to see.

You guys are kidding me with this "hes doing this against the 2s and 3s" crap. Dude this kid just got here a month or two ago! This is what big time players do! DOMINATE THE SCOUT TEAM! What do you think Gerald Willis will be doing? Throwing those scout team guys around like rag dolls. Make everyone better. Sounds like a guy like Bar Milo will need it. That's how it use to be in the heyday. All we heard about was how guys like Frank Gore, Roscoe, KWII and Willis, etc were dominating the scout team.

If he can play, don't redshirt him. We will need him to have game exp for next year when we possibly make a BIG run. We need him and Jenkins/Moten/Willis to be as seasoned as possible. ***** a redshirt for this kid. So you want to redshirt the kid who is wrecking havoc at DT just to "stash him away". Lol. Yeah great plan.

He looks the part that's for **** sure. And he seems hungry. No other school thought he could hack it at DT. Maybe we finally have a kid who has a chip on their shoulder walking around Greentree.

Advertisement
Said he had 3 sacks against the 2s and 3s

2's and 3's ain't the point and neither is Kendrick Norton getting a sack

The more important takeaway is that a defensive tackle got multiple sacks

Let's hope it doesn't get him benched. Up until now DTs have not be allowed to cross the line of scrimmage.

The only thing that matters is gap control, takle for a loss will not be tolerated.

Advertisement
Back