Kendrick Norton tidbit

HurricaneUWW

Savvy Vet
Assumed someone would've seen it and posted already, but didn't see it. But I saw in Twitter recently where Coach Rumph said Norton is the only guy on the roster that would've started on the 2001 squad. Quite the praise imo!

Would appreciate it if someone posted the tweet here as I suck at embedding them. I believe it was from a media member, probably Porter

Advertisement
Joe Jackson is better than Andrew Williams was

I actually like our talent and depth on the D-line a LOT. If the O this year can get leads, our D will create sacks and turnovers unlike any we've seen in over a decade.

You could put this D on the 2001 team and we'd win a national championship with it.

Ahmmon Richards vs Daryl Jones at WR?
Chris Campbell vs McCloud/Pinkney at OLB?

It's more fair to judge after this next season, at a minimum as these guys were all freshman last year.

Advertisement
He's not too far off. But he'a pulling his own chain a little bit.

Just trying to make guys work harder. There are lots of guys on our D that could have started on the 2001 squad. ****, I like some of the upside from our backups more than guys like Matt Walters. Not a knock on Walters, as he was a solid player, but he wasn't exactly beastly. I'd take this D with the 2001 O and call it a day.

Advertisement
He's not too far off. But he'a pulling his own chain a little bit.

Just trying to make guys work harder. There are lots of guys on our D that could have started on the 2001 squad. ****, I like some of the upside from our backups more than guys like Matt Walters. Not a knock on Walters, as he was a solid player, but he wasn't exactly beastly. I'd take this D with the 2001 O and call it a day.

Vilma, DJ, Reed, ST and Wilfork....hard to replace those guys but i agree with you...this year's d with that years o would be right in it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He actually didn't say that. I heard his interview on the SiriusXM Camp Tour. Vilma didn't want to hear Rumph talking up the current guys so he steered him off the topic when Rumph started mentioning other guys who could have.

Norton will be a first round pick imo. Remember most of our talent are true SO. Hardly a fair comparison. I'll see after this coming season.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Joe Jackson is better than Andrew Williams was

I actually like our talent and depth on the D-line a LOT. If the O this year can get leads, our D will create sacks and turnovers unlike any we've seen in over a decade.

You could put this D on the 2001 team and we'd win a national championship with it.

Even the Boston College game?

Yes. BC wasn't some offensive machine. They were an 8-4 team that got lucky our O had a terrible, terrible day.

Advertisement
Back