Kendrick Norton go fund me

Advertisement
Advertisement
Do we even know what expenses are being covered by the NFL, by the Dolphins? I don't understand what I'm being asked to contribute to. To give Kendrick Norton cash?
The money is going to go to Kendrick. He was not drafted highly did not sign a massive contract and now has lost a limb. The money is going towards medical bills and a prosthetic arm. Feel how you want to feel about FRM this isn’t about them this is about trying to help this guy out

The money is going to go to Kendrick. He was not drafted highly did not sign a massive contract and now has lost a limb. The money is going towards medical bills and a prosthetic arm. Feel how you want to feel about FRM this isn’t about them this is about trying to help this guy out

How do we know that the NFL/Dolphins are not covering 100% of his medical expenses? I would be shocked if they weren't. If for no other reason than it would be horrible PR.

Advertisement
How do we know that the NFL/Dolphins are not covering 100% of his medical expenses? I would be shocked if they weren't. If for no other reason than it would be horrible PR.
I’m sure they will contribute upfront but this is obviously going to be a lifetime issue. Anything raised I’m sure will help the guy out with the cumulative costs of this injury over the course of his lifetime.

Without commenting on the merits of contributing to a GoFundMe for a professional athlete, what kind of sports agency starts a GoFundMe for their client? Is their pitch "sign with us, and if you suffer a tragic accident, we'll launch a GoFundMe on your behalf"?

How thoroughly embarrassing.

I was actually about to donate until I saw it was 7th round management. I do not trust them as far as I can throw them. I am going to send a donation directly to Kendrick instead.

WTF is your deal? Either contribute or don't, but don't come in here being critical about it. If you couldn't tell already, you're going nowhere with your argument so stop wasting your time and ours.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I did some research on this and found the NFL will pay an active player who suffers a "total and permanent" injury $165,000 per year.

Here's the catch: the NFL and its insurance coverage, sadly, DOES NOT WANT TO PAY. Look up Charles Dimry and his lawsuit against the NFL (Dimry v. Bert Bell/Pete Rozelle NFL Player Ret. Plan, 16-CV-01413-JD, 2016 WL 7971198, at *1 (N.D. Cal. June 14, 2016)). The NFL alleged that Dimry's cervical injuries weren't "total" because he could work a desk job. Well, a lot of people with only one arm work desk jobs so it's very possible the NFL and its coverage will attempt to deny Norton on that same basis. The league giveth no fvcks.

If you want to donate, donate. If not, don’t.

If you don’t trust FRM, start your own campaign or donate through another channel.

But this conversation makes the Cane family look REALLY BAD.

Do I have to explain why?

May want to consider deleting some of your post. I will be deleting this one soon.

Yea sorry for not believing in FRM they seem shady as ****, this could be more of a PR move for them than anything I find it hard to believe NFL & Dolphins wont be paying for all medical bills etc... I'll wait to find out more info before I donate, there may be other famiiles that are way more in need.

If you want to donate, donate. If not, don’t.

If you don’t trust FRM, start your own campaign or donate through another channel.

But this conversation makes the Cane family look REALLY BAD.

Do I have to explain why?

May want to consider deleting some of your post. I will be deleting this one soon.

Actually it doesn't do any such thing, on the contrary it looks like we're not as dumb as some think and it's only prudent to ask the questions being asked as opposed to jumping on the bandwagon and throwing money at something you have no idea where it will go.

Advertisement
Back