Kendal Briles education

Honest question and SIAP but Briles v Lashlee... who you got and why?

Advertisement
Ugly:
-OL will get a lot of penalties with holding, off sides, and ineligible receivers downfield...
-lots of TFL with 6-8 yards lost on the regular...
So nothing will change with the O line. Got it.

Who is their QB? Lol. Honestly both are very good coordinators. Neither have a HUGE edge over the other. There is a reason why Lashlee magically started looking like Andy Reid once TVD started playing. The QB can make the OC look so much smarter.

I’d say Lashlee though. Known quantity for me. I don’t know Briles nuances enough tbh. We were really humming there at the end.

Advertisement
Who is their QB? Lol. Honestly both are very good coordinators. Neither have a HUGE edge over the other. There is a reason why Lashlee magically started looking like Andy Reid once TVD started playing. The QB can make the OC look so much smarter.

I’d say Lashlee though. Known quantity for me. I don’t know Briles nuances enough tbh. We were really humming there at the end.
Look at the QB room Lashlee is leaving behind. Now look at Ark’s room next year. You would think a wunderkind OC would be attracting top flight QBs and developing the guys on the roster.

Lashlee for me.

His passing offense is elite compared to Briles.

Briles has the better overall rushing attack because most of his Veer style rushing attack is predicated on a mobile QB working the mesh point in the read option game.

But Lashlee’s run game isn’t as bad as Canes fans believe it is...
At SMU, he had Xavier Jones rushing for 1,276yds & 23TD’s & their 2nd back rushed for Ke’Mon Freeman rushed for 517yds off just 122 carries, they rushed for 2,351 yards as a team that season.

His rushing attacks at Auburn were always really good too, they weren’t good at Miami because he had to work with a bunch of Stacy Seashells & Botch Barry commits & our interior line was really subpar.

But in terms of overall as a play designer & play caller, Lash is one of the 10 best in college football IMO.

Look at the QB room Lashlee is leaving behind. Now look at Ark’s room next year. You would think a wunderkind OC would be attracting top flight QBs and developing the guys on the roster.
That has more to do with Miami recruiting vs Arkansas. TVD was an Enos pick-up. Briles was chasing Garcia as well and was probably his 2nd pick.

Look at the top QB in 2023 and Arkansas is as frequently picked as UM with the top guys.

That has more to do with Miami recruiting vs Arkansas. TVD was an Enos pick-up. Briles was chasing Garcia as well and was probably his 2nd pick.

Look at the top QB in 2023 and Arkansas is as frequently picked as UM with the top guys.
I just look at the status quo. He’s been there two years and will be leaving the cupboard empty. He hasn’t recruited a major talent and no major programs have offered him a job. Lashlee is now a head coach.

Advertisement
Lashlee for me.

Briles has the better overall rushing attack because most of his Veer style rushing attack is predicated on a mobile QB working the mesh point in the read option game.

At SMU, he had Xavier Jones rushing for 1,276yds & 23TD’s & their 2nd back rushed for Ke’Mon Freeman rushed for 517yds off just 122 carries, they rushed for 2,351 yards as a team that season.

His rushing attacks at Auburn were always really good too, they weren’t good at Miami because he had to work with a bunch of Stacy Seashells & Botch Barry commits & our interior line was really subpar.

But in terms of overall as a play designer & play caller, Lash is one of the 10 best in college football IMO.
Agreed with play designs and setting up a defense for a future big play, Lashlee is better.

I think if Mario was interviewing both (assuming Lashlee wasn't already OC) he would pick Briles because of the run game. Love Mario, but feels he might be a little bit early Saban like with philosophy of running the ball to establish being tough & establish TOP rather than adapting to the high flying approach of occasionally letting your offense bail your defense out.

But I might be wrong because he was chasing Joe Brady.

I just look at the status quo. He’s been there two years and will be leaving the cupboard empty. He hasn’t recruited a major talent and no major programs have offered him a job. Lashlee is now a head coach.
I think Briles is a great pick. And I'm quite aware is what his flaws are. But his flaws are part of his style. His offense is capable of making up for the mistakes of individuals (TFL, penalties, etc) which is needed with our current roster.

I would prefer that he be our OC for 3-4 years and have us humming like Baylor 2015 than him seeking a head coaching job. We aren't Bama yet and capable of losing coordinators every 2 years.

As for recruits, Mario will be the one stocking the shelves. Not worried about QB wanting to come to Miami with Briles.

Last edited:
Lashlee for me.

Bruh I was like who tf is this lmao. Avatar changed had me all fvcked up.

Bruh I was like who tf is this lmao. Avatar changed had me all fvcked up.
1bee08980f98d0fb61bbabd996a7c7fa.250x188x31.gif

Advertisement
Please No

fook this Horrible high school offense we will never beat the big boys with this sandlot shiet

I don’t think you will see anyone say Briles is a better OC than Lashlee. You’ve been clear that you don’t want Briles over the past few weeks hahaha. I’m not dying on the hill for Briles. But when you look at who our coach is and what he wants to do, who is available and even interested in the position, you have to consider Briles IMO. He is a darn good OC and his offenses improve wherever he goes.

At the end of the day, whichever OC we hire, there will be plays/games where we are going to be mutherfuking them up and down. It’s the nature of the beast. Wasn’t too long ago the pitchforks were out for Lashlee a few times.

Advertisement
I don’t think you will see anyone say Briles is a better OC than Lashlee. You’ve been clear that you don’t want Briles over the past few weeks hahaha. I’m not dying on the hill for Briles. But when you look at who our coach is and what he wants to do, who is available and even interested in the position, you have to consider Briles IMO. He is a darn good OC and his offenses improve wherever he goes.

At the end of the day, whichever OC we hire, there will be plays/games where we are going to be mutherfuking them up and down. It’s the nature of the beast. Wasn’t too long ago the pitchforks were out for Lashlee a few times.
I’ve said my part. If he’s hired, then I’ll support him of course. But I don’t see that offense winning championships. If his name was Smith, not Briles, 90% of the guys on here jerking him off wouldn’t give a **** one way or the other. Recruits and major programs seem to agree he’s nothing special, but maybe he’ll surprise.

I’ve said my part. If he’s hired, then I’ll support him of course. But I don’t see that offense winning championships. If his name was Smith, not Briles, 90% of the guys on here jerking him off wouldn’t give a **** one way or the other. Recruits and major programs seem to agree he’s nothing special, but maybe he’ll surprise.
Right on. That’s all we can do is support the new staff until they give us reason to **** and moan. I just hope Mario doesn’t meddle too much in the O and if it’s Briles that he really tailors the playbook to the roster he is given and not the opposite.

The one thing I do like about Briles and it’s ine of the things I liked about Lashlee is his ability to adjust his offense to the talent in hand. He’s had run heavy offenses where the Quarterback is involved in the running game a ton and he’s had pass first quarterbacks who have had significant success also. He was passing game coordinator at Baylor when they were throwing for over 350 yards per game. He was also coordinator at Houston when D’Eriq King had his best passing season. King was actually a better passer under Briles than Lashlee.

Advertisement
Back