Kenard Lang!!!!!

Canefan70

Redshirt Freshman
I just found out we have a Cane coaching at my Alma mater, Oak Ridge Senior High School in Orlando. Kenard Lang in now coaching the Pioneers squad. It will be nice to have that Cane presence in Central Florida for future recruiting efforts. Oak Ridge has been decent the last few years and had a couple players go off to Michigan and West Virginia. I am excited to see what he can do and if he can influence recruiting at all.

Oak Ridge lands Kenard Lang as new football coach - Orlando Sentinel

Advertisement
Badass...was only a matter of time before the greats started to filter into the coaching ranks.

Looks like some sour grapes in the comments of that article. Personally, I could care less. As the talent-rich recruiting grounds that are South Florida continue to expand their way north, the more Canes on the trail the better. Good luck, Coach Lang!

I just found out we have a Cane coaching at my Alma mater, Oak Ridge Senior High School in Orlando. Kenard Lang in now coaching the Pioneers squad. It will be nice to have that Cane presence in Central Florida for future recruiting efforts. Oak Ridge has been decent the last few years and had a couple players go off to Michigan and West Virginia. I am excited to see what he can do and if he can influence recruiting at all.

When did you graduate? Just curious since a friend of mine went there back in the day.

Advertisement

Your a little late my friend he has been coaching in Orlando for several years. He started out as the Head coach at Jones High School back when Kermit Whitfield was at Jones and Kermits Cousin (Marvin Bracy) was at Boone High School.

[video=youtube;urzxsTzWpcI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urzxsTzWpcI[/video]

Then the year after Whitfield played Miami and flipped to FSU, Coach Lang then moved over to Wekieva HS (in apopka, FL).

Kenard Lang as Wekiva HS Head Coach interview from 2013
Wekiva Coach Kenard Lang | WFTV

He was there for a 2 years and last May took the Job at Oakridge after that program imploded under 3 different coaches over the last 5 years despite making runs at the playoffs.

Oakridge has had some FBS players over the last few years but the area the pull from is under going a change that will result in fewer players down the road. But Oak Ridge has a better talent pool then Wekiva does so I can see why the move back to the inner city.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
I was the class of 1988. That is way back in the day!

LOL "way back" being 1988. Had a friend whose Mom taught there and he was able to take Summer school at the Ridge, even though he was in Seminole Co. schools. The last name was Holtgrefe.

Kenard Lang on one side, Kenny Holmes on the other were one of the greatest pair of UM DEs of all time.

Advertisement
The crazy, I grew up in that area. He can have a lot of talent there if he can keep the kids from being on the streets or going to other schools.

I was the class of 1988. That is way back in the day!

OK. You are close to my age as I was class of 85. I didn't go to Oakridge but a friend of mine was class of 76 there. Now that was way back in the day. I was just curious because I thought you might know him but he was way before you lol.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back