Kelly's "Formula"

I’m more impressed with Notre Dame’s defense to be honest. There’s not much they do on offense that’s particularly amazing.

As for Miami being able to bring in more quality linemen, I believe we’ll see more and more quality local linemen than in the past. The main reason is we let them play at the peewee/ optimist level now. Until recently, big kids couldn’t step on a football field until high school because local leagues all had weight limits. Now the big kids get a chance to learn the basics and fundamentals at a younger age so by the time they’re playing in high school, they’ve already got some experience.

Advertisement
My hatred was so concentrated on how to keep them out, that I couldn’t even see how Miami gets in.

So, great wizard, if

- Miami wins out
- Clemson loses ACCCG (I think Pitt would be the deal-killer)
- UF blasted by Bama
- A&M loses to Auburn

then Miami gets in*? Plausible, but what about a 1-loss Northwestern or undefeated BYU/Cincy?

*(the completely irrational side of me doesn’t want them in so bad that he’d never make that trade, but you have my attention. That said, I’m still rooting for Wake to destroy them. Make it so, Wizard Cane! Make it so!)

decent scenarios below
There is no way possible we get in. None.

Lol

The announcers, refs and planetary alignment did everything known to man to help us lose that Va Tech game.

Fuggem all

wait ..a school in the midwest seems to focus on OL?... No sh*t sherlock.

Kelly aint do nothing ground breaking lol **** its what they are known for.

Also the embarassment Richt did to them ...sweet tears.

I’m more impressed with Notre Dame’s defense to be honest. There’s not much they do on offense that’s particularly amazing.

As for Miami being able to bring in more quality linemen, I believe we’ll see more and more quality local linemen than in the past. The main reason is we let them play at the peewee/ optimist level now. Until recently, big kids couldn’t step on a football field until high school because local leagues all had weight limits. Now the big kids get a chance to learn the basics and fundamentals at a younger age so by the time they’re playing in high school, they’ve already got some experience.

Locally the ol play is getting much better due to the weight restrictions being lifted as well as personal training. There is **** near a 5 star type in every class now

I wish we would have played them this year....

Love our Dline against their Oline... plus I’m sure Book still has nightmares of Bandy with that Pick 6

Advertisement
I wish we would have played them this year....

Love our Dline against their Oline... plus I’m sure Book still has nightmares of Bandy with that Pick 6
LOL. You dudes are living in 2017. Book was a freshmans backup then coming into a hornet's nest during a rock slide. He's a completely different QB now, and that's a much better overall team than they were then.

Awesome post, didn’t know bout that. Could be a really big thing for us in the future.

LOL. You dudes are living in 2017. Book was a freshmans backup then coming into a hornet's nest during a rock slide. He's a completely different QB now, and that's a much better overall team than they were then.

He is still doing a lot of the same things.. he is risky with the ball. I dont even think they are a much better team either. FSU beat UNC. UNC defense is some sh*t. Louisville should of beat ND as well. They are looking like us in 2017 actually

Have you seen NDs games?

they win in spite of Book... unlike Clemson losing Lawerence and losing their entire identity.

If ND loses Book they probably get the exact same play from the back up.

Advertisement
ND offensive line gets all the talk, but their defense is legit.

Just a solid football team top to bottom. I get that they’re rivals but that’s a good football team in South Bend.

To OP’s point, Kelly brought an identity to ND and recruits very well to fit that. Manny needs a few more years to do that but it’s a good model to follow.

He is still doing a lot of the same things.. he is risky with the ball. I dont even think they are a much better team either. FSU beat UNC. UNC defense is some sh*t. Louisville should of beat ND as well. They are looking like us in 2017 actually
I don't buy into the transitive thing, so FSU beating UNC is meaningless with regard to ND. UNC is just OK, which is what I've been saying all year. And I don't think ND is elite either. But they did go out there and beat a Clemson team that we didn't even compete against.

I don't know what Book you've been watching, friend, but I've seen every ND game this year, and he's an excellent college QB. He's a very good and opportune runner, and he makes all the throws. The guy always makes plays when they need a play, and he's been very clutch all year.

I don't think they look like us in 2017 at all. They aren't getting lucky against bad teams. Clark Lea is a big time DC, and they shut down UNC's high powered offense playing most of the game without their best player who Amari Cartered early in the game.

Have you seen NDs games?

they win in spite of Book... unlike Clemson losing Lawerence and losing their entire identity.

If ND loses Book they probably get the exact same play from the back up.
You're insane. I've watched every ND game, and Book has had an excellent season. What the **** are you guys watching. Everyone other than a few guys on here thinks Book is one of the top QBs in college football this year.

Advertisement
Back