Kelly's "Formula"

Silver King

Pass Block
Never liked Kelly, particularly after that 2010 incident. But, during yesterday's game, it may have been Herbie, who said that Kelly claimed he found ND's identity and formula; Recruiting O-Line and TE. That has served them well this season

Assembling a quality O-line is one of the toughest things to do at any level; too many variables go into it.

The FHSAA is approaching the state title games the next two weeks. I watch a lot of high school football, the teams that will make the finals generally are the teams with the best O-Lines. Still, South Florida has never been a recruiting hotbed for O-linemen, like it has for skills.

Hopefully this new line coach will get after it.

Advertisement
Never liked Kelly, particularly after that 2010 incident. But, during yesterday's game, it may have been Herbie, who said that Kelly claimed he found ND's identity and formula; Recruiting O-Line and TE. That has served them well this season

Assembling a quality O-line is one of the toughest things to do at any level; too many variables go into it.

The FHSAA is approaching the state title games the next two weeks. I watch a lot of high school football, the teams that will make the finals generally are the teams with the best O-Lines. Still, South Florida has never been a recruiting hotbed for O-linemen, like it has for skills.

Hopefully this new line coach will get after it.
Well Kelly has been there 11 years and this is Justice's first here so let's not expect a overnight miracle....And I'm not saying you're implying that.... We can see the improvement Justice has made already but it's gonna take a while to truly fix things...

Advertisement
Ian Book is a lucky m'fer!! I guarantee you guy's IF ND plays Clemson again (with TL), that game will not be close.. ND defense made big plays against UNC, but UNC didn't stick to what to do best and that's RUN THE BALL.. ND had no answer for #8, but these coaches get caught up ALWAYS wanting to put it on the arm of their QB... The RB combo for UNC should've touched the ball over 50 times, ND run defense isn't that solid..

I hope they beat Clemson and we sneak in at #4 and beat them in the Sugar Bowl.

That would be hilarious.

Advertisement
Hilarious? That’s fantastical, Gandalf! Now, how does Miami jump both UF and TxA&M while sitting out of the conference championship game? Oh, that’s right, magic.
Florida gets blownout by BAMA. A&M loses to Auburn.

IT is not really that magical to see those two things happen.

But of course Miami would have to win and get some style points in the process. That may be the magical thing that would have to happen.

ND has a 3 year starter at QB, who is very good

A veteran OL which is very good

And an incredibly weak *** schedule

I don’t consider them elite but they are very good this year

Advertisement
Florida gets blownout by BAMA. A&M loses to Auburn.

IT is not really that magical to see those two things happen.

But of course Miami would have to win and get some style points in the process. That may be the magical thing that would have to happen.
My hatred was so concentrated on how to keep them out, that I couldn’t even see how Miami gets in.

So, great wizard, if

- Miami wins out
- Clemson loses ACCCG (I think Pitt would be the deal-killer)
- UF blasted by Bama
- A&M loses to Auburn

then Miami gets in*? Plausible, but what about a 1-loss Northwestern or undefeated BYU/Cincy?

*(the completely irrational side of me doesn’t want them in so bad that he’d never make that trade, but you have my attention. That said, I’m still rooting for Wake to destroy them. Make it so, Wizard Cane! Make it so!)

decent scenarios below

Advertisement
My hatred was so concentrated on how to keep them out, that I couldn’t even see how Miami gets in.

So, great wizard, if

- Miami wins out
- Clemson loses ACCCG (I think Pitt would be the deal-killer)
- UF blasted by Bama
- A&M loses to Auburn

then Miami gets in*? Plausible, but what about a 1-loss Northwestern or undefeated BYU/Cincy?

*(the completely irrational side of me doesn’t want them in so bad that he’d never make that trade, but you have my attention. That said, I’m still rooting for Wake to destroy them. Make it so, Wizard Cane! Make it so!)

decent scenarios below
BYU's schedule is just not good enough as we have seen in the initial ranking. And This is the assumption Miami dominates their last three games. The committee may be a bit impressed if Miami beats up on UNC in a more convincing fashion than Notre Dame did.

Northwestern just does not have enough offensive punch in my opinion and I think their luck will run out too.

Cincy would have to beat Tulsa in back -to-back weeks which is possible but not easy. And even if they win out if they barely beat Tulsa twice the comittee may just be tempted to give the Canes the benefit of the doubt.

But as I said in the previous post a lot would have to go our way. But it does not really take magical scenarios to see many of those things happen in this COVID year of craziness.

Boy, some stuff goes by people's heads like bullets here in CIS land. Yeah I didn't forget how we thumped ND in 2017 - hard to, since that was the game that over-inflated some of our guys into thinking they should leave early, or that ND says they have a great O-line every year. The remark is about recruiting perspective that Herbie reported.

My hope this season was this line has guys with experience and it should start paying off, but I'm not seeing it at the level we need. After watching Scaife last game -- who most felt was one of our better O-linemen coming into this season, and was a better choice at guard--I have to wonder when they're going to start to gel as a unit. Just imagine if we didn't have a Houdini at QB.

We have 8 Florida kids in the two-deep, two are starting and this has been an inconsistent, underperforming O-line that takes one step forward, two back. We need to have a much higher priority on recruiting the type of O-line to fit the offense we run, and we need to look nationally.

How about we recruit it with the same intensity as we do DBs for a couple years...And let's see how we finsihed, because NC had decent pressure yesterday and after the sacks we've given up that worries me.

After ND gets blasted by Clemson in the acc championship game and UF gets destroyed by Bama (I have zero doubt both will happen), a 2 loss UF and a 1 loss ND team shouldn't make the playoffs over an undefeated Cincinnati or BYU. What's the point of being in FBS football if there is literally no way that a non P5 can ever make the playoffs? Easy to justify leaving ND out if they lose big in the acc championship game. It proves what everyone knows is true - there is no chance they would have beaten Clemson earlier in the season if Clemson had a healthy TL. Assuming a 1 loss Miami gets left out, the playoffs should be Bama, Ohio State, Clemson, and one of the two unbeatens (BYU or Cincy)

Advertisement
Back