Kellen Winslow Jr Article - making a comeback!

Jomama

Recruit
Here is a good article on Kellen Winslow Jr and his plans for an NFL comeback. There is a video included that goes deeper into his cycling training which I thought was pretty cool. I have taken up cycling as well, although not anything like he is doing regarding racing and such, and have found it to be a great way to get in shape as you age.

I think it would be great to see him back in the NFL but I am sure he will about his "incident" in a parking lot when he was with the Jets....

Kellen Winslow Jr. Comeback: 'I Can Still Be One of the League's Top Tight Ends' | Bleacher Report

Advertisement
Agree about the cycle training, especially as you get older. Its a worthwhile commitment in time and money. Helps a bunch if you're in an area with a culture that supports biking. I used to ride the C&O from above Potomac down to National Airport and back or from National out to Mount Vernon and back - nice rides if you're ever in the DC area.

[video=youtube;VahmjfpGbxc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VahmjfpGbxc[/video]

I don't bicycle but I have taken up another of Kellens hobbies....." Looking for Boston Markets"

Advertisement
I don't see how training for cycling and not lifting weights is a solid plan for returning to the NFL as a TE.

Kr6OaBH.gif

Advertisement
one of my favorite players at the U, the broken leg his rookie year and then the motorcycle accident robbed him of some of his athleticism in the nfl i hope he catches on somewhere but chances are not good. People say our guys didnt show up properly motivated in the fiesta bowl, well he wasnt one of them ohio st flat out couldnt cover him.

So people ride those bikes for training? I thought they just did it make my blood pressure go up or test my self-control fighting back road rage..

a/ll that is fine and dandy...till he puts on pads and has to block...

split out wide he shoulffd be ok...right now he weighs 235 pds....he may be able to catch on somewhere in the passing game...Dolphins??
or backing up charles clay in buffalo

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back