Keivie Rose DT from LA Tech Hits the Portal and becomes a Hog

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
Hit the portal last week and has been offered by UM and several SEC teams. Along w/Tywone Malone from Ole Miss, are the top two DTs we're pursuing this cycle.

You know the saying, "pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered". Good luck in Fayetteville.

@DMoney says there's mutual interest here. Apparently Dennis Smith played a big role in him ending up at LaTech. From the 4/27 Bank
One DT in the mix is Keivie Rose, who made First Team All-CUSA last year. Dennis Smith (Miami's recruiting coordinator) was instrumental in bringing Rose to Louisiana Tech. There is strong mutual interest.

Unable to find any clips so far from his college days, but here's his HS HUDL

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s obvious why Guidry like this guy. He fits what he wants, he can play inside then kick outside when Guidry uses a bigger DL, three man front. Which his Marshall film showed a lot.
Is this someone you think we land ?

Advertisement
E2546493-015A-488B-8844-3DDE28415A1B.jpeg

Advertisement
Is there noise about him taking another visit elsewhere? He is slightly behind Richard for most important portal recruit left. Him and Malone are both necessary but I think I’m choosing Rose if I had to pick one because I think he is much more ready to help us NOW.

IMO he's ahead of Richard and is our most important portal target right now, at least on the defensive side. We definitely need Richard too, and I don't think what you said is crazy at all nor would I argue with you, but to me, Rose is the more certain player at just as much a position of need. Richard was not great last year, albeit he was a true freshman. He's got measurables and potential for sure, but I'm pretty **** sure Rose will come in here and help right away. And with LT56 having a propensity to get himself onto milk cartons, plus the acute case of JAGitis that runs through that room, we need help at DT for sure, and I think Rose is the more plug and play prospect.

Give me both of these boys, for sure. But to me, I have Rose at the top of my board out of every single kid we brought in for visits on the defensive side.

Advertisement
IMO he's ahead of Richard and is our most important portal target right now, at least on the defensive side. We definitely need Richard too, and I don't think what you said is crazy at all nor would I argue with you, but to me, Rose is the more certain player at just as much a position of need. Richard was not great last year, albeit he was a true freshman. He's got measurables and potential for sure, but I'm pretty **** sure Rose will come in here and help right away. And with LT56 having a propensity to get himself onto milk cartons, plus the acute case of JAGitis that runs through that room, we need help at DT for sure, and I think Rose is the more plug and play prospect.

Give me both of these boys, for sure. But to me, I have Rose at the top of my board out of every single kid we brought in for visits on the defensive side.

Won’t argue with any of that.

We need both! I know we have Dean in the fold, but looking at that DT room? Not saying we will get them both, but that’s how poor DT recruiting had been.

He has to make a decision by the 15th no? So unless it’s this weekend?

He has to make a decision by the 15th no? So unless it’s this weekend?
Is he a grad transfer??? If so, he can wait and even if he’s not, I think he can still enroll later in the summer.

Advertisement
Back