Keith Brown is transferring out of Louisville

Who? Seriously.

5* LB from my Alma Mater...Was in the 2012 class with Duke...was the [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] ILB in the nation after his JR year (if i remember correctly) but dropped after his SR year in ranking.

My bad, he was a 4* LB, and he was the #1 MLB from FL. #8 overall
Freshman Year: Named a freshman All-American by FoxSports.net... Appeared in 11 games at linebacker, making five starts... Registered six tackles in a loss at Syrause... Credited with eight stops in a win over Temple... Totaled a season-best 13 tackles in an overtime victory versus Cincinnati... Recorded 12 tackles in a 45-35 win over Pittsburgh... Registered nine tackles in a win over Southern Mississippi... Made collegiate debut versus Kentucky.

Despite the clueless jack off above, he definitely wasn't a bust, as he contributed a lot under Charlie Strong as a freshman....3 games into his Sophomore season he injured his Knee and had to take a medical redshirt. Hasn't been the same since the injury...

-He considered coming to Miami at first, but him and Duke Johnson got into a huge argument leading up to SR year and they decided it would be best to part ways on the college level

Care to elaborate?

I wasn't on the team so I don't know what happened. All I know was **** got so bad that Duke Johnson and another player who is less known tried to transfer from Norland...they only stayed because Heidleburg or however you spell his name convinced them that the team they had would win state... which they did end up going 15-0. But I only said that for the people that don't want him here because he "had his chance". This dude is better than Dalvin neglecting to come here because he didn't want to share carries with Yearby again(and sitting behind Duke) and I'm sure everyone here would take his transfer in a heartbeat

Advertisement
He can play right away... wouldn't mind having him for one year... experienced and developed, may give one of our younger guys a chance to redshirt.

IMG_7419-1024x682.jpg

KEITH BROWN TRANSFERS FROM LOUISVILLE
MARK BLANKENBAKERJANUARY 13, 2016

Louisville linebacker Keith Brown has decided to transfer to another program. Keith graduated last month from UofL and has yet to select a new program for his final year of eligibility. We caught wind of Brown’s intent to transfer earlier in the day and were unable to confirm definitively until InsideTheVille.com’s Mike Hughes spoke with Keith directly.

Brown originally came to Louisville as a U.S. Army All-American in 2012 and started for the Sugar Bowl squad as a true freshman. An injury held Keith out for the entire 2013 season. In 2015 Keith moved to Outside Linebacker and registered 33 tackles, 2 Tackles for Loss and 2 Pass Break-Ups. Brown was also erroneously ejected from Louisville’s game vs. Florida State this season.

We wish Keith Brown nothing but the very best at his next school and for his future endeavors.

Last edited:
Linebacker Nick Dawson transferring from Louisville
JAN 13
Posted by Justin Renck

IMG_7426.jpg

Two nights, two linebackers transferring from the University of Louisville. And I honestly type this out as just passing info along, not in a panic over the news. Nick Dawson told InsideTheVille.com that he has decided to transfer after graduating in December. He has one year left to play, but has not decided where yet. Dawson did play in all 13 games for the Cards in 2015, but only recorded 4 tackles.

On Tuesday, it was reported that Keith Brown was transferring.

So why am I not in a panic over this? I could be wrong here, but seeing guys transfer out does not always mean that there is a problem in the program. It could simply mean that there is so much talent returning, that guys want to go elsewhere to showcase their own skills. Is that the case here? I have no way of knowing that right now.

I can only look at the roster and see names like Keith Kelsey, Devonte Fields, James Hearns, Stacy Thomas, Amonte Caban, and more…and that puts my mind at ease and lets me know that the Louisville Cardinals should be just fine at linebacker in 2016.

I certainly wish the best for Brown and Dawson. They were apart of the 2012 recruiting class, back when the program was still rebuilding. So after all of the hard work they have put into helping restore this program, I have no ill feelings towards them at all. Good luck to them both in their future, and they will always be Cards.

2 All-American busts...

Strongs Lands Two More 4-Star Linebackers
By Nick Coffey - Jan 7, 2012
Dawson-Brown.jpg

As most expected, Keith Brown and Nick Dawson verbally committed to Louisville this afternoon during the US Army All American Bowl. Both Brown and Dawson are rated as 4-star prospect by Rivals and Scout. The US Army All American Bowl may end up being one of the biggest days of the year for Louisville fans. Coach Strong got commitments from two 4-star prospects in last year’s game. Louisville’s 2012 recruiting class ranking has jumped 20 spots in the rankings since Dawson and Brown verbally committed. The future of this Louisville front seven is SCARY good.

2 All-American busts...

Strongs Lands Two More 4-Star Linebackers

By Nick Coffey - Jan 7, 2012
Dawson-Brown.jpg

As most expected, Keith Brown and Nick Dawson verbally committed to Louisville this afternoon during the US Army All American Bowl. Both Brown and Dawson are rated as 4-star prospect by Rivals and Scout. The US Army All American Bowl may end up being one of the biggest days of the year for Louisville fans. Coach Strong got commitments from two 4-star prospects in last year’s game. Louisville’s 2012 recruiting class ranking has jumped 20 spots in the rankings since Dawson and Brown verbally committed. The future of this Louisville front seven is SCARY good.

What?
Don't know the other guy but Brown ain't a bust...like I said he was a freshman all American but when strong left and they switched to a 3-4 he suffered along with a knee injury...He is a 4-3 MLB who is playing 3-4 OLB...and some still expected him to start at MLB next season but he has wanted to transfer since last year like someone above said.
If you think he is a bust then label Stacy Coley as a bust also for having a down year when the system didn't even change in Coley's case.

Advertisement
Would take Brown in a milisecond. For those that say no, I dont know what you are smoking.

Guy has speed and is a hitter. He's an upgrade to everyone LB on our roster bar Grace. We had 3 EE who have tons of potential but are not 21/ 22 years old!

Come on now. Are we too proud of a program? Are we too good? Has our defense shown that much? GTFO of here with that nonsense. Kid is a take all the way. Wish he wanted to come here.

Brown ain't no bust. Freshmans AA. Missed an entire season with an injury. Still has a year of eligibility.

He's a take if he already graduated and doesn't have to sit out a year. We're stacking LBs, but we could still use a physically mature vet.

This. We have some nice young linebackers, but they are just that, young. This team could use some guys who have experience and ready to play immediately at LB. He'd most assuredly start next year if we were to nab him.

Advertisement
Is there any indication that those two LBs may want to go to Texas?
Maybe they could help save Strong's job.

Do we really need him? He is a luxury IMO. Juwon Young looks **** good to me and I expect him to get better. Shaq is already in..We dont run a 3-4 anymore..I mean I guess if you want an insurance policy in case Shaq isnt ready yet but I doubt this happens. Seems like internet pipe dream stuff. Like the Isiah McKenzie story.

Advertisement
I'd take Brown in a heartbeat. Is there something wrong with building LB depth and possibly allowing 1 or 2 of our new Bermuda Triangle LB's to redshirt?

As a graduate transfer, I'd take him in a heartbeat. Even if he's not the same player he used to be. There's a significant lack of experienced depth at LB and just having some senior leadership would help the whole unit. They have nothing to lose. Worst case scenario, he can't play and spends the year on the bench. Won't hurt anything and his roster space will be back open again next year.

Advertisement
Who? Seriously.

5* LB from my Alma Mater...Was in the 2012 class with Duke...was the [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] ILB in the nation after his JR year (if i remember correctly) but dropped after his SR year in ranking.

Freshman Year: Named a freshman All-American by FoxSports.net... Appeared in 11 games at linebacker, making five starts... Registered six tackles in a loss at Syrause... Credited with eight stops in a win over Temple... Totaled a season-best 13 tackles in an overtime victory versus Cincinnati... Recorded 12 tackles in a 45-35 win over Pittsburgh... Registered nine tackles in a win over Southern Mississippi... Made collegiate debut versus Kentucky.

Despite the clueless jack off above, he definitely wasn't a bust, as he contributed a lot under Charlie Strong as a freshman....3 games into his Sophomore season he injured his Knee and had to take a medical redshirt. Hasn't been the same since the injury...

-He considered coming to Miami at first, but him and Duke Johnson got into a huge argument leading up to SR year and they decided it would be best to part ways on the college level

Is that why he decided not to come to Miami? for real?

I'd take Brown in a heartbeat. Is there something wrong with building LB depth and possibly allowing 1 or 2 of our new Bermuda Triangle LB's to redshirt?

These 3 LB's are beyond legit and will NOT be red-shirting unless they get hurt. Kids aren't coming to Miami to red-shirt...they want early PT.

Do we really need him? He is a luxury IMO. Juwon Young looks **** good to me and I expect him to get better. Shaq is already in..We dont run a 3-4 anymore..I mean I guess if you want an insurance policy in case Shaq isnt ready yet but I doubt this happens. Seems like internet pipe dream stuff. Like the Isiah McKenzie story.

if you had could lease a mercedes or a volkswagen for a year with no difference in price, which would you pick?

this gives shaq a year to learn and adapt to college speed. if he shirts, great. if he rotates and gains experience, great. it's a win-win.

Who? Seriously.

Is that why he decided not to come to Miami? for real?

There is a bunch of reasons but that's the main one (3-4 system, clint hurtt, Mark D'Onofrio being his DC was a few)

Advertisement
Back