Keeping King and Phillips vs. No season

Advertisement
Ok so this is a risky thread but seriously. We just lost Greg Rouesseau after only getting to watch him start a few games... It looks like Jalen Phillips has all the tools to replace him at DE but lacks actual game experience to go tot NFL. I am all for ACC playing this year, and I think letting the boys play is more beneficial then shutting college football down. But if we only get through 2-5 games and no chance at an ACC or national championship is it worth it? I feel like Manny is the king of the off season, and letting him continue with with recruiting momentum could lead to a huge 2021 class. So I am torn on having a season this year and possibly losing King and Jalen vs stacking chips and talent for the 2021 season. What you think?
SMH...the worst fans...and sometimes the stoopidest!!

1597752596706.gif

Ok so this is a risky thread but seriously. We just lost Greg Rouesseau after only getting to watch him start a few games... It looks like Jalen Phillips has all the tools to replace him at DE but lacks actual game experience to go tot NFL. I am all for ACC playing this year, and I think letting the boys play is more beneficial then shutting college football down. But if we only get through 2-5 games and no chance at an ACC or national championship is it worth it? I feel like Manny is the king of the off season, and letting him continue with with recruiting momentum could lead to a huge 2021 class. So I am torn on having a season this year and possibly losing King and Jalen vs stacking chips and talent for the 2021 season. What you think?
We need to have a good season and show lashlee upgraded the offense to keep the recruiting momentum going

It would be just our luck to have King give us the kind of QB play we’ve needed to put us in a position to compete at the highest levels and then there not be a playoffs, major bowls, etc. as the reward. We really need those other conferences to reverse course and come back into the season (or at least the Big Ten).

Advertisement
I also wish Andre King and Kenny Phillips still had eligibility. SMH...what coulda been.

Right thing to do in theory but has potential to create a lot of chaos. Also 20 extra guys at $100k plus per guy could be a pretty big financial hit for us
Don't conflate the cost of giving a guy a ride with the value of it. 100k might be the value but surely it costs way less...

I think we need to play if we get the chance. As a matter of fact I think if we don't play, we will almost certainly lose both of those guys as well as Roche.

Our oline need the reps badly, especially with the new system, and as crazy as it sounds we will have a veteran oline next year to protect whoever we end up under center...not to mention a beast of a backfield.

Don't conflate the cost of giving a guy a ride with the value of it. 100k might be the value but surely it costs way less...

Do you think the University of Miami just waives the tuition and room and board costs for football players?

Advertisement
August 21 - NCAA announcing decision on status of players who opt out or on teams who opt out. It's also rumored there will be a decision on players who play all or part of a season this fall as to extending the scholarship year by 1.

Reality is they will have to open up the 85 cap. I've seen discussions that the 25 hard cap for this cycle will remain but the 85 number is under discussion.
That’s dumb. That creates more parity by not allowing the teams with less than 60 (once attrition occurs) to even reach that 85 by signing 25 kids.

It should be either 25 IC’s for this year or 85 total scholarships, whichever comes SECOND. That will create much more balanced rosters and is very realistic.

I say you play now.. you don't know what will happen later. These kids have worked their asses off for this.. let them have it if they want it.

Advertisement
Back