Keeping King and Phillips vs. No season

Prizzle

Freshman
Ok so this is a risky thread but seriously. We just lost Greg Rouesseau after only getting to watch him start a few games... It looks like Jalen Phillips has all the tools to replace him at DE but lacks actual game experience to go tot NFL. I am all for ACC playing this year, and I think letting the boys play is more beneficial then shutting college football down. But if we only get through 2-5 games and no chance at an ACC or national championship is it worth it? I feel like Manny is the king of the off season, and letting him continue with with recruiting momentum could lead to a huge 2021 class. So I am torn on having a season this year and possibly losing King and Jalen vs stacking chips and talent for the 2021 season. What you think?

Advertisement
UnlawfulTangibleCurassow-size_restricted.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Same here. Who knows we could get a full 11 games plus bowl games, including the CFL, if all goes well. Worse case for the season is we can’t play and get an extra year of eligibility for our key players. Or all the above.

If Jalen stays healthy he'll be a second rounder at absolute worst. Enjoy every game you can watching him and don't presume he'll stay.

Advertisement
The schools need to get together and let anyone who plays this season get an extra year of eligibility.
Right thing to do in theory but has potential to create a lot of chaos. Also 20 extra guys at $100k plus per guy could be a pretty big financial hit for us.

Advertisement
August 21 - NCAA announcing decision on status of players who opt out or on teams who opt out. It's also rumored there will be a decision on players who play all or part of a season this fall as to extending the scholarship year by 1.

Reality is they will have to open up the 85 cap. I've seen discussions that the 25 hard cap for this cycle will remain but the 85 number is under discussion.

Advertisement
Back