Keepin It Real: My Post Game Analysis…

CaneTheGaytors

Biletnikoff Award Winner
…no candy coating anything here.

This was one of the worst passing game displays, tempo and clock management that I have ever witnessed.

Coming into this game, I had stated my concerns regarding the passing game in the first 2 weeks of the season, and unfortunately I was right on the money.

I don’t know how in just the span of a few months Mario and Gattis managed to ruin a gunslinger like TVD. But he looks like a totally different QB. It’s almost as if someone kidnapped the real VanDyke, and replaced him with a ****** doppelgänger.

QB: I feel terrible for TVD. We went from an uptempo offense that was simple, but extremely effective, with quick reads and routes in the passing game, to an offense that requires the WR to run for several seconds before the pass is even released. If I’m TVD, I’m ****ed, and let these ***kers know it. NO RPO’s or rhythm throws. Just terrible.

Grade: C+

RB’s: Our RB’s are not game breakers in this offense. It’s designed to churn out yards, and wear down our opponents. Parrish and Knighton did what they could, but as I stated before the game, this line isn’t built to bully defenses like aTm’s.

Grade: B-

TE’s: Overall played pretty well, even though Mallory’s holding penalty on that last drive killed any chance that we might have had. They should have been targeted a lot more, specially Arroyo and Skinner. Our WR’s are hot doo-doo. Bad game planning by Gattis and Mario.

Grace: C-

WR’s: An abomination! Pathetic! Soft as baby ****!

Grade: F

OL: Played better than I expected, considering the defense that we were up against. TVD had all day to throw on several occasions, but either he was out of rhythm on his throws, or the WR’s dropped the pass. The run blocking was solid for most of the night. Zion’s hold on the last drive was a killer.

Grade: Solid B-

Our defense gave a heroic effort, and should be disgusted with Mario, Gattis, the play calling, TVD, and the WR’s. They gave us a chance to win all game long, but the offensive coaches and the HC refused to help them. Steele called a brilliant game. A wasted effort is an understatement.

DL: Played a very solid game overall. Had some mistakes, but did yeoman’s work in holding these ***aloons to not much. The muffed punt by #2 was horrible. I feel bad for these kids. They played their hearts out. Taylor, Agude, Jackson and Moultrie played really well.

LB’s: Our LB’s played very well in my opinion, all things considered. They made several TFL’s, and did a good job overall containing Achane and Amari Daniels. Flagg and Smith played what was probably their best game as Canes.

Grade: B

CB’s: Again, another unit that surprised me. The CB’s, including Ivey, played tight and aggressive coverage for most of the night. They limited the passing Aggie game, and broke up a number of passes. They also tackled well in space.

Grade: B+

S: Kinchens and James Williams played lights out. They covered and tackled really well all game long, with very little being given up by them. They also did a good job on Johnson when he tried to run. Not giving them an A because they didn’t have any interceptions.

Special Teams: Putrid performance by the Field Goal unit. Unacceptable to have such a poor performance in such a big game. Tyrique’s blunder ended up being huge, as it led to a TD that should have never been. We would have only been trailing by 1 at the end, and would have only needed 3 to win. With the way our offense was shytting the bed, this was a game killer, to say the least.

The punting unit and KO coverage teams played well. This is the only thing that kept me from giving the ST’s the lowest grade possible.

Grade: D

Coaching: The play calling and clock management by the OC and HC were atrocious. They played not to lose, instead of to win. If they don’t make some serious adjustments to the WR routes and scheme more rhythm throws for TVD that take less time to develop, we will be a 4 loss team.

Steele and the rest of the defensive staff were ready to play, and had a great game plan. They played tough, inspired football for a majority of the game. Strong and Addae in particular had their dudes playing at a high level all game long.

Final Analysis: What many of us feared is now evident after only 3 games. TVD has regressed to unthinkable levels. The tempo is sloth like. The WR’s are soft, and can’t get any separation. They have hands of stone, and don’t block well downfield. I wonder who the WR coach is? Oh, that’s right, it’s the same OC that schemes and calls this abomination of an offense.

I already stated it, but will repeat it. If we keep on running this same bullshyt, Fred Flintstone offense and Mario refuses to play modern football, this team will lose at least 3 more games.

Neg away.

P.S. - and to the lunatic that said a couple of days ago that we would roll, 48-10.

Halloween GIF

Season 9 Middle Finger GIF by Shameless

umbrella middle finger GIF

Last edited:
Advertisement
Someone should pull up the receipts on this fan base options about Lashlee after the Clemson game or Semenhole game last year.....some of the same people praising him had a very different opinion. Not saying Grattis is better than Lashlee at all but it would show something about how our fan base thinks.

Last edited:
Near perfect post. It is almost as if the coaches thought we were playing 5 quarters tonight with the tempo they were playing at. The very very best part of your post is this "QB: I feel terrible for TVD. We went from an uptempo offense that was simple, but extremely effective, with quick reads and routes in the passing game, to an offense that requires the WR to run for several seconds before the pass is even released. If I’m TVD, I’m ****ed, and let these ***kers know it. NO RPO’s or rhythm throws. Just terrible."

The route design in this offence is not good, and I am glad you noticed.

Advertisement

This was one of the worst passing game displays, tempo and clock management that I have ever witnessed.

Coming into this game, I had stated my concerns regarding the passing game in the first 2 weeks of the season, and unfortunately I was right on the money.

I don’t know how in just the span of a few months Mario and Gattis managed to ruin a gunslinger like TVD. But he looks like a totally different QB. It’s almost as if someone kidnapped the real VanDyke, and replaced him with a ****** doppelgänger.

QB: I feel terrible for TVD. We went from an uptempo offense that was simple, but extremely effective, with quick reads and routes in the passing game, to an offense that requires the WR to run for several seconds before the pass is even released. If I’m TVD, I’m ****ed, and let these ***kers know it. NO RPO’s or rhythm throws. Just terrible.

RB’s: Our RB’s are not game breakers in this offense. It’s designed to churn out yards, and wear down our opponents. Parrish and Knighton did what they could, but as I stated before the game, this line isn’t built to bully defenses like aTm’s.

TE’s: Overall played pretty well, even though Mallory’s holding penalty on that last drive killed any chance that we might have had. They should have been targeted a lot more, specially Arroyo and Skinner. Our WR’s are hot doo-doo. Bad game planning by Gattis and Mario.

OL: Played better than I expected, considering the defense that we were up against. TVD had all day to throw on several occasions, but either he was out of rhythm on his throws, or the WR’s dropped the pass. The run blocking was solid for most of the night. Zion’s hold on the last drive was a killer.

Grade: Solid C

Our defense gave a heroic effort, and should be disgusted with Mario, Gattis, the play calling, TVD, and the WR’s. They gave us a chance to win all game long, but the offensive coaches and the HC refused to help them. Steele called a brilliant game. A wasted effort is an understatement.

DL: Played a very solid game overall. Had some mistakes, but did yeoman’s work in holding these ***aloons to not much. The muffed punt by #2 was horrible. I feel bad for these kids. They played their hearts out. Taylor, Agude, Jackson and Moultrie played really well.

LB’s: Our LB’s played very well in my opinion, all things considered. They made several TFL’s, and did a good job overall containing Achane and Amari Daniels. Flagg and Smith played was is probably their best game.

CB’s: Again, another unit that surprised me. The CB’s, including Ivey, played tight and aggressive coverage for most of the night. They limited the passing Aggie game, and broke up a number of passes. They also tackled well in space.

S: Kinchens and James Williams played lights out. They covered and tackled really well all game long, with very little being given up by them. They also did a good job on Johnson when he tried to run. Not giving them an A because they didn’t have any interceptions.

Special Teams: Putrid performance by the Field Goal unit. Unacceptable to have such a poor performance in such a big game. Tyrique’s blunder ended up being huge, as it led to a TD that should have never been. We would have only been trailing by 1 at the end, and would have only needed 3 to win. With the way our offense was shytting the bed, this was a game killer, to say the least.

The punting unit and KO coverage teams played well. This is the only thing that kept me from giving the ST’s the lowest grade possible.

Coaching: The play calling and clock management by the OC and HC were atrocious. They played not to lose, instead of to win. If they don’t make some serious adjustments to the WR routes and scheme more rhythm throws for TVD that take less time to develop, we will be a 4 loss team.

Steele and the rest of the defensive staff were ready to play, and had a great game plan. They played tough, inspired football for a majority of the game. Strong and Addae in particular had their dudes playing at a high level all game long.

Final Analysis: What many of us feared is now evident after only 3 games. TVD has regressed to unthinkable levels. The tempo is sloth like. The WR’s are soft, and can’t get any separation. They have hands of stone, and don’t block well downfield. I wonder who the WR coach is? Oh, that’s right, it’s the same OC that schemes and calls this abomination of an offense.

I already stated it, but will rest it. If we keep on running this same bullshyt, Fred Flintstone offense and Mario refuses to play modern football, this team will lose at least 3 more games.

Neg away.

P.S. - and to the lunatic that said a couple of days ago that we would roll, 48-10.

Halloween GIF

You gave our RB a B- LOL. They were the best unit on the field

So we run for 175 and you give that grade 😂

There’s things to complain about but that ain’t it. RZ playcalling/choices were literally my only complaint

Advertisement
OL was way better than a C.
I upgraded my grade to a B- after reconsidering it. But can’t grade them any better than that. They did not finish in the Red Zone, and also gave up multiple pressures in the Red Zone. Overall, they played much better than I thought they would.

Last edited:
Near perfect post. It is almost as if the coaches thought we were playing 5 quarters tonight with the tempo they were playing at. The very very best part of your post is this "QB: I feel terrible for TVD. We went from an uptempo offense that was simple, but extremely effective, with quick reads and routes in the passing game, to an offense that requires the WR to run for several seconds before the pass is even released. If I’m TVD, I’m ****ed, and let these ***kers know it. NO RPO’s or rhythm throws. Just terrible."

Route design or execution? A little of both maybe and a heavy lean to execution IMO. I'm not saying it's perfect but the players have to make plays. If TVD can't run the offense....open competition.

Advertisement
Agree with everything except QB and RB grades.

Don’t completely disagree about the reasoning on the QB section, but frankly all that has little to do with TVD just outright missing several wide open throws. No chance you can go above a D+ here.

RBs, can’t really say A+ because of nothing that was truly game-breaking or anything, but they ran for 175 at basically 5 yards per carry. If you told me before the game we came out with those rushing stats, I would have given us like a 90% chance of winning.

Just insane how we found so many ways to lose that game.

Route design or execution? A little of both maybe and a heavy lean to execution IMO. I'm not saying it's perfect but the players have to make plays. If TVD can't run the offense....open competition.
Well I will fully admit that when the ball hits the Receivers hands it needs to be caught. That is a definite. Doesnt matter what routes are being run.

Someone should pull up the receipts on this fan base options about Lashlee after the Clemson game or Semenhole game last year.....some of the same people praising him had a very different opinion. Not saying Grattis is better than Lashlee at all but it would show something about how our fan base I think.
No doubt about it. Lashlee had a very simplistic running game, to say the least. But with him calling the offense with TVD at QB, we had our best offense in years last season. A Lashlee passing game coupled with this current running game would be lethal, but Mario prefers the bro offense.

Advertisement

Grade: Solid B-

LB’s: Our LB’s played very well in my opinion, all things considered. They made several TFL’s, and did a good job overall containing Achane and Amari Daniels. Flagg and Smith played was is probably their best game.

I already stated it, but will repeat it. If we keep on running this same bullshyt, Fred Flintstone offense and Mario refuses to play modern football, this team will lose at least 3 more games.

Neg away.

Halloween GIF

Justin Herbert was an unpolished raw QB under Mario. He went to the NFL and within 1 year became a NFL All Pro Caliber QB it's talked about all over NFL circles. It's one of the things I was concerned with. Gattis isn't a QB coach and Ponce has never really developed any quality QBs. Mario just isn't a good offensive coach. Luckily he's a really good recruiter, Team Builder and Team manager.

THIS is why I wanted to keep Likens. So in situations where we absolutely needed points, we could run stuff TVD was more comfortable with.

No doubt about it. Lashlee had a very simplistic running game, to say the least. But with him calling the offense with TVD at QB, we had our best offense in years last season. A Lashlee passing game coupled with this current running game would be lethal, but Mario prefers the bro offense.

"A Lashlee passing game coupled with this current running game would be lethal"

I completely agree with that statement. Hopefully he evolves to that. Even Saban eventually evolved so here is hoping our guy does as well.

Advertisement
Back