Kc McDermott still plans on enrolling early

View as article

Nash Williams

Freshman
Today, reports had been swirling around social media that 2014 Miami OL commit, Kc McDermott, was not going to be able to enroll early. I spoke with the Palm Beach Central star to clear some things up.

I simply asked the 6-foot-7 300-pounder if he had decided against enrolling early.

"I have no idea where you heard that." McDermott said as he clearly brushed those rumors aside.

Obviously, this is great news for the 'Canes coaching staff. McDermott has a chance to get some playing time very early in his career. Getting him on campus, in the weight room and learning the play book right away will be huge.

Kc although, still has his senior season to attend to. McDermott and the Palm Beach Central Broncos have some big goals this year. They started practice yesterday as did every other high school team in Florida.

"(The first days) of practice have been great. Nice Florida weather, real nice and hot. We are working hard. I expect us to win another district championship. I just want to improve my game and get better every single day of practice. I will never give up." said McDermott.

McDermott is real fond of the 'Canes recruiting success during the summer as they have garnered 18 commits for the 2014 class since June 1.

"It has just been one h*ll of a run. We have the best recruiting class in the nation. That is because kids are wanting to stay home at The "U". said McDermott

For the 2014 class, McDermott was one of the earliest to pledge to Al Golden and company. Some would feel the pressure to take over an ambassador role. But Kc knows that the kids make the decision on their own.

"One kid can't make every kid's decision for him. These kids come (to Miami) because they believe in Coach Golden. They believed in the philosophy, the program and the school. I can't say I'm the reason why a lot of kids are choosing Miami. I chose Miami because it is the place for me." said McDermott.

**McDermott received his official written scholarship offer from Miami today in the mail.

**McDermott plans to be at every 'Canes home game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The leader of this class to me

Could be. But I feel Kc hasn't done as much recruiting as other guys such as Kaaya and Bethel II.

I mean Kaaya can only do so much since he's in Cali. Bethel is going hard but not as long as KC and maybe not as hard. Lets say Dixon signs and they focus on Rudolph that is something no other commit could have done but with Bethel and Dade recruits any number of guys can be a difference maker. See where im going?

Great attitude. How many are supposed to be EE's? I know Powell and KC are planning on it.

Darling and Yearby supposedly will and Berrios if he signs says he will EE too

Powell and McDermott are guarantees. Darling and Yearby are more than likely going to be EE's. Have yet to confirm that though. If Berrios gets on board in time he will probably be an EE as well.

Advertisement

Could be. But I feel Kc hasn't done as much recruiting as other guys such as Kaaya and Bethel II.

I mean Kaaya can only do so much since he's in Cali. Bethel is going hard but not as long as KC and maybe not as hard. Lets say Dixon signs and they focus on Rudolph that is something no other commit could have done but with Bethel and Dade recruits any number of guys can be a difference maker. See where im going?

Kaaya did more than anyone at The Opening though. That's for sure.

Kaaya did more than anyone at The Opening though. That's for sure.

I agree but its like the bond isn't there as much as local guys and as much as he tries a local recruit is more likely to listen to another local guy. I will say this though if we can get close to a West Coast guy we have an ace in the hole though which was always hard for us to say.

Great attitude. How many are supposed to be EE's? I know Powell and KC are planning on it.

Darling and Yearby supposedly will and Berrios if he signs says he will EE too

Powell and McDermott are guarantees. Darling and Yearby are more than likely going to be EE's. Have yet to confirm that though. If Berrios gets on board in time he will probably be an EE as well.

Thanks Nash. Those are some great names to get in here early. Hope it works out for them.

Advertisement
The forgotten man. An absolute elite national commit who hasn't even been discussed in the past 6 weeks.

This class is good, if you forgot who we didn't get and look at who we did.

Why is there an * in ****?

Satan had to go to school somewhere.

103.jpg

After a Spring and UTough, this dude is gonna be a ******* monster. Those other O-line recruits will look like pipsqueaks compared to him.

Advertisement
Papa McDermott must have a ball sack of gold

Both his boys are gonna be in the NFL. One a center and one a left tackle. Sheesh.

Advertisement
Back