KC McDermott on GT game

-"It was a great game," "They stuck through it. They showed that all their off-season workouts, training is working real well."
-on UTough program "It shows (players) do everything they're old to do, that coach (Al) Golden is very serious about the conditioning side, very serious about not messing around in and out of the classroom, that he's serious about football as well,"
-on brother Shane being back "I was very proud of him," "He played a great game, especially being out for two weeks. He didn't come out at all, played every snap."
-KC says he can sense the excitement around the program building. And he says talking with his brother that UM players "are definitely staying humble, realize that this is still the beginning of the season, a long season yet to play. That was their first conference game, so they know they have a lot more tougher matches up the road. They're just getting ready for the rest of the season."
-trying to sway Johnnie Dixon "He's got to realize that there's nothing better than staying home," "He needs to realize that staying home, this is the place where you need to be, not Ohio State, Michigan - you need to stay here. I was telling him that and he was just nodding his head agreeing with me. He knows it's the best place for him. But he's trying to figure out the best place for sure."
-Him and Dixon are good friends and says that "he's keeping his options open and no one's pressuring him into making an early decision. This is his decision just like mine was my decision."
* McDermott played only tackle the last two games, but previously he also played reps at guard. He's also played some defensive line. He projects as an OT at Miami.
http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1558413

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back