Katie up for Naismith award

Advertisement
It's great to see Coach Meier receive very deserving recognition. For years now, Coach Meier has proven to be one of the top coaches in women's basketball. We're very fortunate to have her. Never could quite understand why high school prospects wouldn't want to stay home and play for her. She's proven that it doesn't matter if you're a perimeter player or a post, if you put in the work and are an elite prospect you will flourish in her system. Hope people start appreciating what we have. Best of luck, Coach. GO CANES!!!

It's great to see Coach Meier receive very deserving recognition. For years now, Coach Meier has proven to be one of the top coaches in women's basketball. We're very fortunate to have her. Never could quite understand why high school prospects wouldn't want to stay home and play for her. She's proven that it doesn't matter if you're a perimeter player or a post, if you put in the work and are an elite prospect you will flourish in her system. Hope people start appreciating what we have. Best of luck, Coach. GO CANES!!!

You people realize she was named National Coach of the Year in 2010 right? The reason why people don't want to stay home and play at Miami is mostly because this is a front-running town, and historically people have never supported this program. When a top end player goes and sees that at schools like Tennessee, LSU and others that they will play in front of crowds that DWARF the typical men's crowd at Miami, it impresses them. Meier has found a niche with her program by recruiting internationally and supplementing that with players from the eastern seaboard.

Advertisement
Canedude you are a rare breed to know so much about any team especially that which is a womans basketball team and this being the Canes team. I have watched for years but have not been this excited ever. Primarily because this team features 2 quality bigs . This is a dynamic that you rarely see in womans bball. It is why we are and have been I think the most complete team because of our guards that compliment them.

And as far as recognition the difference In my opinion is the local press is covering the team more and the students also are participating more. Coach Banda and some of the football players were at the GT game. With a quality team and great recruits coming in there is a chance to be a elite team going forward and build the program to a new level.

Canedude you are a rare breed to know so much about any team especially that which is a womans basketball team and this being the Canes team. I have watched for years but have not been this excited ever. Primarily because this team features 2 quality bigs . This is a dynamic that you rarely see in womans bball. It is why we are and have been I think the most complete team because of our guards that compliment them.

And as far as recognition the difference In my opinion is the local press is covering the team more and the students also are participating more. Coach Banda and some of the football players were at the GT game. With a quality team and great recruits coming in there is a chance to be a elite team going forward and build the program to a new level.

People are caring because it's cool to do so, as is the case whenever Miami wins in anything. I remember people coming out in 2010 when Miami was a top 10 team. But when Miami reverted to the **** good(but not a team that really could compete with the elites regularly) team they've been throughout the Meier era, people stopped caring. That is until this year. It's tough to keep Miami in the top 10 in this sport, because there's less elite talent, and it ends up at the same places.

I don't harbor the hopes that Miami can be consistently elite, because we've seen over the last 30 years, it's been mostly the same teams up there. Miami can string together some good years, maybe upgrade in regards to talent, but they will most likely always be a team on the cusp. Miami can and should be a top 15-20 team with Meier in charge with the potential to being better depending on talent, but I don't expect them to be top 5 year in and year out. It's about cashing in when you have a chance. This is a year Miami has to break through, period.

Last edited:
Are people actually coming out to watch the Lady Canes in person at the Watsco? Have they topped the men's poor crowds this year yet?

Hope Coach M gets the award. She's done a terrific job.

Advertisement
Back