Kamari Murphy

CaneandAbel

Junior
I saw that Mo Alie-Cox from VCU informed NFL scouts that he's going to work out as a TE.

We saw Erik Swoope do it recently for us, could Kamari make that transition to NFL TE if he wanted too? He's 6'8 listed at 220 but looks heavier than that and he's really athletic. He should give it a try if it doesn't work out he can always go overseas.

Advertisement
I saw that Mo Alie-Cox from VCU informed NFL scouts that he's going to work out as a TE.

We saw Erik Swoope do it recently for us, could Kamari make that transition to NFL TE if he wanted too? He's 6'8 listed at 220 but looks heavier than that and he's really athletic. He should give it a try if it doesn't work out he can always go overseas.

Interesting question.
Murphy's UM bio states that he played 2 years of HS football.

Interesting question.
Murphy's UM bio states that he played 2 years of HS football.

Didn't know that. So the game's not completely foreign to him that a plus

I like Murphy and am always down for giving this a shot, but he didn't strike me as the type of athlete you need to be to make that transition these days.

Swoope was a great athlete. Ditto Jimmy Graham. Akpejiori was NOT and it showed up pretty quickly when he tried to make the move, as I recall.

Advertisement
I like Murphy and am always down for giving this a shot, but he didn't strike me as the type of athlete you need to be to make that transition these days.

Swoope was a great athlete. Ditto Jimmy Graham. Akpejiori was NOT and it showed up pretty quickly when he tried to make the move, as I recall.

Agreed. Seems too lanky for the NFL. Hope he proves me wrong though.

Advertisement
Back