Kam McGusty Appreciation Thread

Canegrad89

Recruit
Kam McGusty turned out to be one heck of a player for us. He also showed tremendous poise and was very eloquent in front of the media. He was a great Ambassador for the University this season. Major props to Kam for all of his achievements. He made this season one heck of a fun ride for Canes hoops fans. Wish him success at the next level and in all his future endeavors. Please post any great Kam stories or recount any key plays he made this season.

Advertisement
I have said since L took over, Davon reed was the best overall college player Miami has had. After watching Kam have a **** of a year he is up there for me as one of the best all around players to wear a Miami jersey since L took over. He took his game to a whole new level this year. Salute to him he will be missed

Last edited:
Loved Kam’s play this year. I was lucky enough to sit courtside for 5 or 6 games and he always played hard. One of my favorite players!

Advertisement
Kam cemented himself as one of Cane basketball's greats. He was a solid player up thru last season, but he took it up to a whole other level this year. He greatly improved his ability to drive and attack, he rebounded well for a guard, he played solid D, and always found ways to hit tough shots when we needed it most. I really hope he gets a look in the NBA. He may not be the biggest, strongest, or quickest guy, but he's a savvy player who's a certified basket getter. Also seems to be a great leader and high character guy (think Davon Reed), and that can go a long way if he finds the right team in the NBA.

Kam McGusty turned out to be one heck of a player for us. He also showed tremendous poise and was very eloquent in front of the media. He was a great Ambassador for the University this season. Major props to Kam for all of his achievements. He made this season one heck of a fun ride for Canes hoops fans. Wish him success at the next level and in all his future endeavors. Please post any great Kam stories or recount any key plays he made this season.
Down the road he will be inducted into the UM Sports HOF

Advertisement
Kam solidified himself to me as one of the top Bball players this program has ever had. Kam got better every year and stuck with this program through a brutal time that literally gave him no chance for success in 3 seasons with constant turnover of players. To then have the year he did this year and carry the team to the Elite 8 is legendary for this program.

Advertisement
Back