Kam Kinchens and Jacurri Brown sitdown interview (siap)

skyman

Senior
I tried searching to see if this was posted already, remove if it has or link me to discussion, thought it was one of better interviews I have seen of anyone on team, really liked Jacurri talking about the offense and the differences, his growth as passer and how self aware he is in his development. He never did 7 on 7 til later in high school and such. Kam also talked about UNC game and how he got a little greedy tryna make plays and left corner out to dry and fans blamed Ty. Thought it was great Interview

Advertisement
I tried searching to see if this was posted already, remove if it has or link me to discussion, thought it was one of better interviews I have seen of anyone on team, really liked Jacurri talking about the offense and the differences, his growth as passer and how self aware he is in his development. He never did 7 on 7 til later in high school and such. Kam also talked about UNC game and how he got a little greedy tryna make plays and left corner out to dry and fans blamed Ty. Thought it was great Interview

Appreciate this, thanks

Watched Brown play since he was about 13. Always had raw talent but at Lowndes they did not care about developing him as a QB. Their scheme called for quarterback mobility over pocket throws so as long as he was taking off for big runs they saw nothing wrong.
I don't see him as a QB. He scares me every time he throws a pass. But and this is a Big BUT if he learns how to become an accurate passer with his legs he could win a Heisman. He has that type of talent. Unfortunately for him Emory at this stage is a better QB and might pass him up sooner than later. I'm rooting for Brown to get to that next level though and a redshirt could do it.

Advertisement
I loved the interview. Most of the players he interviews seem to be really comfortable with him and open up. He’s gotten a lot better as well.
In general, he has seen alot of these south florida kids since they were playing optimist. He is able to reference film of them playing back then (seen him pull film of rooster I think back then when he was just recording game) so that goes a long way. But with Kam he has interviewed multiple times already individually also, out of high school and while with canes, even with his pops.

Also they have gotten better but thats with anything you put the work in and get the reps. They have the production piece down and create great content, they have yearss of putting in the work, now developing the skill of interviewing is catching up. Just off production alone they are ahead of curve and should help their platform explode when the opportunity comes.. They gonna blow soon

Last edited:
Watched Brown play since he was about 13. Always had raw talent but at Lowndes they did not care about developing him as a QB. Their scheme called for quarterback mobility over pocket throws so as long as he was taking off for big runs they saw nothing wrong.
Without even knowing that I could tell he had limited qb training, have said it from beginning he was behind curve in regards to other qbs getting reps and right training, I hope whatever NIL he got he was able to invest in himself and get some qb coaching because he is years behind in development and he would need it. He is in qb friendly system now so that should help but he needs tons of help to not be soo erratic spraying ball everywhere but target.. He is self aware and willing to put in work, lets hope he gets there

Advertisement
I don’t know what Jacurri will do on the football field at UM, but he and Kam are 2 of the most impressive young people I have seen in a long time. Jacurri will be successful in life regardless of anything else.
And Kam is like the 2nd coming of Jaquan Johnson.
but IMO a better player. JJ was massively underrated here. he saved a ton of touchdowns and made timely interceptions.

but IMO a better player. JJ was massively underrated here. he saved a ton of touchdowns and made timely interceptions.
JJ was an outstanding, outstanding college player- unfortunately his size/speed limitations capped his upside pretty low in the NFL but it’s no surprise to me that he’s hung around rosters for years now- he’s gonna be a quality reserve safety for a long time.

kam hasn’t quite reached JJ’s level in terms of college performance but A. he has every opportunity to and B. he has a higher nfl ceiling. he can be a starting-quality safety or better.

JJ was an outstanding, outstanding college player- unfortunately his size/speed limitations capped his upside pretty low in the NFL but it’s no surprise to me that he’s hung around rosters for years now- he’s gonna be a quality reserve safety for a long time.

kam hasn’t quite reached JJ’s level in terms of college performance but A. he has every opportunity to and B. he has a higher nfl ceiling. he can be a starting-quality safety or better.
I agree with a lot of what you are saying but KK has reached passed JJ's level he's an AA. Everything else 👍

fair points.

Advertisement
I agree with a lot of what you are saying but KK has reached passed JJ's level he's an AA. Everything else 👍
Kam has reached JJ’s national recognition level but we need another season from him of impacting plays the way JJ did.
JJ’s INT against UVA was what won that game.
And he was so big against ND In the run and passing game.

Kam has reached JJ’s national recognition level but we need another season from him of impacting plays the way JJ did.
JJ’s INT against UVA was what won that game.
And he was so big against ND In the run and passing game.
JJ had a better defense overall that helps when guys are causing havoc in front of you. Sh our DTs play like Rj did that year and Norton KK would have like 9 picks.

But and this is a Big BUT if he learns how to become an accurate passer with his legs he could win a Heisman. He has that type of talent.

JB is the most physically gifted quarterback I have ever seen at UM.

I hope the coaches do EVERYTHING in their power to develop him. They need to treat him
special and do things for him they may not ordinarily do for a scholly QB.

Why?

Because a physical talent like that at the QB position, can have people saying “if it wasn’t for him, Miami doesn’t make the playoffs or win it all.”

Give me a year like Auburn had with Cam in a heartbeat.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back