Kaiir Elam

ChampT83

Recruit
Spoke with a coach of his today about his ability. He told me that he sees him playing WR in college and not corner. Surprised me with that. Felt he wasn’t mentally all there to play corner.

Advertisement
Not mentally there? Dam what exactly does that mean? He gets punked?
Probably means he isn't a smart football player and mainly relies on his athleticism to succeed on the field. "Not mentally there" is a damning statement and a warning by his coach. On defense players have to make checks and constant adjustments, he may not be able to make the right adjustments during a game.

yea i say that coach is probably a bit off. Kid has two immediate family members that have played DB in the NFL. Father and Uncle. Not mentally there?. He's likely a CB...he wouldnt be in No Frio's defense...sh*t aint that hard lol. It's moot considering we didnt recruit him anyway. He'll be at 1 of the SEC school or maybe even OSU if Battle flips. Maybe said that because he has been dominant at wr this year.

Looked mentally there at the midway point this year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
yea i say that coach is probably a bit off. Kid has two immediate family members that have played DB in the NFL. Father and Uncle. Not mentally there?. He's likely a CB...he wouldnt be in No Frio's defense...sh*t aint that hard lol. It's moot considering we didnt recruit him anyway. He'll be at 1 of the SEC school or maybe even OSU if Battle flips. Maybe said that because he has been dominant at wr this year.

Looked mentally there at the midway point this year.

He's a coach at Benjamin. that's enough for me to know don't listen to him

The problem is at most of these HS’s you’ll have some idiot equipment manager or something that has no business giving their opinion. Elam is a MUCH better DB than WR.....it’s not even close

In touch with coaches in the area. I've heard the exact same thing from them. And a reason why Diaz hasn't been all out for him as many think he should.

Advertisement
I think the statement made should read he doesn't have the mentality towards playing DB, not he doesn't have the mental skills to play it.

Advertisement
Back