Kaaya's deep ball throws...

Advertisement
You know that overthrow to Richards wasn't a deep ball? His deep ball has actually been one of our better throws. If you're gonna critique the man at least do it right

I met Kaaya when he was a high school recruit. Good kid, and I wish him much success!

But it's a pretty damning indictment when a QB's best trait is supposed to be accuracy, and he's not all that accurate with the balls that can make the most positive impact for his team.

Were the UNC receivers getting that much more separation than our guys were able to get, or was their QB just making better reads and putting the ball where it was supposed to be?

Actually UNCs receivers did have more separation and our defensive line wasn't really getting to trubinsky for the most part. We didn't even have a cb lined up over their receiver on one play

I met Kaaya when he was a high school recruit. Good kid, and I wish him much success!

But it's a pretty damning indictment when a QB's best trait is supposed to be accuracy, and he's not all that accurate with the balls that can make the most positive impact for his team.

Were the UNC receivers getting that much more separation than our guys were able to get, or was their QB just making better reads and putting the ball where it was supposed to be?

Both. UNCs route trees are 10xs more effective than Richts. And yes Trubinsky is more accurate and has more mobility than Kayaa (even Trubinsky missed some passes yesterday though -but they keep attacking so it's not as noticeable)

Two days ago, not yesterday

I watched some highlights from last year and it was the same **** on deep balls.

Granted guys got open more in James Coley's offense, but Kayaa is the same mediocre QB.

don't understand this people more open thing.. the fsu game was very similar with the 2 tds (coley one on a great catch, and scott yac td), and UNC slapped us silly, the offense is the same

Just go pick some games from last year and watch em. Coley used the middle of the field more and challenged secondaries deep. Kayaa looked much more comfortable in his offense than Richts.

Worth noting is that Rashaun Scott and Herb Waters were both good WRs - we weren't lacking depth last year at WR.

kaaya got knocked out of clemson, didn't play vs duke, and really struggled against all quality opponents, wouldn't be surprised to see him do well against the same teams he did last year

Advertisement
I watched some highlights from last year and it was the same **** on deep balls.

Granted guys got open more in James Coley's offense, but Kayaa is the same mediocre QB.

don't understand this people more open thing.. the fsu game was very similar with the 2 tds (coley one on a great catch, and scott yac td), and UNC slapped us silly, the offense is the same

Just go pick some games from last year and watch em. Coley used the middle of the field more and challenged secondaries deep. Kayaa looked much more comfortable in his offense than Richts.

Worth noting is that Rashaun Scott and Herb Waters were both good WRs - we weren't lacking depth last year at WR.

kaaya got knocked out of clemson, didn't play vs duke, and really struggled against all quality opponents, wouldn't be surprised to see him do well against the same teams he did last year

And against UNC we were down by 45 before we even thought about scoring, but somehow people are saying "WE SCORED MOAR AGAINST UNC LAST YEAR!!!!"

Most teams would kill to have Coley and Richards as deep ball threats.

I don't understand what the **** the problem is. Send them boys running down field and throw the ball to them.

Most teams would kill to have Coley and Richards as deep ball threats.

I don't understand what the **** the problem is. Send them boys running down field and throw the ball to them.

Coley isn't a deep ball threat.

His speed is soooo overrated. It's not even funny.

When's the last time he beat his man deep?

He's such an overrated receiver. He's weak and anytime a defender gets physical with him he doesn't do anything.

We need some real WR's here. Not this phony SF fake tough guy prima donnas who all bust out.

He had 405 yds and 3 TDs against FSUs top 10 defense last year.

Advertisement

He had 405 yds and 3 TDs against FSUs top 10 defense last year.

i knew this would come up.. we were down 17-3, another thing Im seeing with Kaaya is execution or lack thereof in games when games are in question, or moreso when its a score for score game... He has the tannehill thing that he plays well when either up or down a couple scores, but have rarely seen him execute in a close game series over series

He simply can't hit receivers in stride. Pretty sure he's practiced this. He just ain't good at it. Not sure that will change.

I swear he needs to work on that ****.. Dude is always overthrowing wrs on that ****

Richt and company thank you for the well thought out post. In sure they'll add it to their practices this week as they've overlooked it to this point.

No offense, but a better post would be been asking what is the problem with BK's deep ball. There's literally half a dozen responses that could be had and unless you're part of the team, you don't know if he's throwing it too early, didn't set his feet, the wide receiver ran the route correctly, the timing was off due to being jammed at the line or forced inside or outside by the defender, and the list goes on.

Advertisement
You know that overthrow to Richards wasn't a deep ball? His deep ball has actually been one of our better throws. If you're gonna critique the man at least do it right

Dammit mane...

You're petty. He hit two deep balls last game and threw one pretty good to berrios this game that berrios didn't try to catch with his hands. No qb hits 100% of his deep balls. Our friends with their unrealistic expectations

Advertisement
Brad Kaaya is the worst deep ball passer in UM history. He is also the biggest drive killer in UM history.

His shoulder is bothering him pretty bad. Richt and the OL are going to set the sack record at UM.

Advertisement
Back