Kaaya will feast under Richt

HEs good but overrated as hes a god

I know a god when i see one

I'm confused by this comment. How is he overrated? No one here is saying he should be up for Heisman or even ACC player of the year this year. Kaaya play has been nothing short of a miracle for a team that has been consistently out-coached and outplayed at the line. 3000+ yards, 60% completion rate, 2.6 TD to INT ratio, QBR of 72. And he's only a sophomore... Kid has so much growth potential and he is intelligent and calm under pressure (again, 20 years old).

The Andrew Lucks of the world are rare, and they normally don't peak until their last 1-2 years anyways.

Advertisement
kayaa will be fine but after next year give me eason.

someone needs to teach brad how to throw on the run, without that skill he will never become elite or make it at the next level.

There have been plenty of QBs that have had success in the NFL without the ability to throw on the run.

I feel bad for Kaaya. If he wasn't great at getting the ball out quickly, and had not drastically improved his mobility within the pocket, odds are he would've been taken off the field in a body bag behind the five bozos trying to protect him.

I would have loved to see Kaaya as an upperclassmen on a Miami offense with real talent. He had Duke, Flowers, Clive, and a couple good OL, but he was a true freshman. If Coley leaves, next season he only has Njoku as a serious weapon.

Advertisement
Kaaya is a well oiled car that has yet to be driven. There is no reason he shouldn't pass for 35 TDs next year.

I read somewhere that Brad Kaaya is projected to be the #1 overall pick in the 2017 NFL draft, assuming he declares after his junior year (I think he stays two more years).

With Kaaya being a future high draft pick and Richt as the HC, I think we're about to have another nice run of NFL QBs....

It's been awhile, that's for sure...

Zev Lumelski! I remember him! His claim to fame was he could say "look out" in five different languages.

Advertisement
I just love the fact Kaaya said he can't wait for the next TWO years with Richt. He's here for the long haul and I think it'll be great...

Able, can you imagine Kaaya with a real downhill running game with the actual threat of play-action?

AND a real OC calling plays.

Kaaya was dropping bombs like Daryle Lamonica as a freshman when he had Duke gashing teams and Dorsett taking the top off the defense.

Geo and I were discussing this before, I really think this is the worst Oline Ive seen at UM( and that includes the tail end of the Erickson years) and guys like J Ina and Zev Lumelski. I do think Kaaya's mechanics were affected as he took so many hits and didn't have a consistently clean pocket to throw into. He certainly, IMO, missed some throws that otherwise were routine

I agree totally with you. I have never seen our Oline look so bad. With everyone coming back plus the guys that redshirted it has to be better right? At I'm hoping it does

It can't get worse.

If Clemson wears out OU and Alabama, then these threads will be a little more realistic to me.

58-0 and 59-21 (really like 59-7)....that's all there is...and I don't believe Clemson and UNC are all world. I also don't remember Kaaya being the beacon of light in those games.

Kid is talented and definitely in part a victim of a poor OL and questionable play calling...but Richt will have his work cut out. Gotta hope the OL and Gus come back strong.

The funniest part of all this is seeing the guys rag on Cactus Jacks performance in another thread and demanding great stuff out of HS QBs, but acting like Kayaa wasn't part of two horrendous beat downs to Clemson and UNC.

UM

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back