Kaaya to Berrios

wicks23

Recruit
Just rewatched the game...How perfect of a throw was that?!?!

The kid without a doubt has the goods.

Anyways, we'll be more than fine after a strong finish to this season and a load of talent that IS clearly being developed and coming back for next season. This turnaround hasn't happened nearly as quick as we all would have hoped but Coach Golden is definitely getting us there.

Advertisement
Was a tremendous throw. Would've been one **** of a catch, but that's a play we have to have if we're going to beat the likes of F$U. Dorsett has to catch his, too, we can't miss tackles at the LOS on plays that go for TD's (both Cook runs), we can't have our TE's fumble downfield, we can't miss extra points and chipshot FGs...

All of that stuff is indicative of a team with poor fundamentals, which has to go back to coaching. When/if this coaching staff can put together a fundamentally sound team, we'll be able to play with anyone. Confidence remains low.

Was a tremendous throw. Would've been one **** of a catch, but that's a play we have to have if we're going to beat the likes of F$U. Dorsett has to catch his, too, we can't miss tackles at the LOS on plays that go for TD's (both Cook runs), we can't have our TE's fumble downfield, we can't miss extra points and chipshot FGs...

All of that stuff is indicative of a team with poor fundamentals, which has to go back to coaching. When/if this coaching staff can put together a fundamentally sound team, we'll be able to play with anyone. Confidence remains low.

Fair assessment...I understand your points. I also think that a lot of the great things that we saw in the first half have to go back to coaching. Gotta have it both ways.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I watch that play live and for the life of me I will never know why he dove for that ball he could have easily ran under it and the ground wouldn't have made hip drop it

In that situation it is the QB's job to put the ball where only the receiver can get to it. That's exactly what Kaaya did. Berrios just whiffed on the catch -- not that it was an easy play, but it hit him in the hands so he should have pulled it in.

In that situation it is the QB's job to put the ball where only the receiver can get to it. That's exactly what Kaaya did. Berrios just whiffed on the catch -- not that it was an easy play, but it hit him in the hands so he should have pulled it in.

That's Al Golden's fault, right? That is what I seemed to be told by everyone here.

Advertisement

That's Al Golden's fault, right? That is what I seemed to be told by everyone here.
You could make the argument that Berrios should not have been a target on a play that likely requires a height advantage to work, but that's nit picking IMO. The play worked. Berrios just didn't make the catch.

Advertisement

You could make the argument that Berrios should not have been a target on a play that likely requires a height advantage to work, but that's nit picking IMO. The play worked. Berrios just didn't make the catch.

Exactly. It was nobody's fault, but Berrios.

5'8' receiver is out there bc upper class wr's are practice platers

doesnt matter whose out there, Berrios supposedly was the WR Kaaya was the most comfortable with because they developed a friendship over the recruiting season. So Kaaya should have no problems understanding how to get Berrios the ball so he can be effective.

UM fans keep giving Kaaya a pass (all of a sudden) for being a freshman but will gladly throw anybody else under the bus that's a freshman, doesnt make sense.

And honestly so what if Berrios dropped the ball and it was his fault, its football. Who is the QB? Kaaya right? well it's his job to get the offense in a position to try and score again.

Being mad over one play or however many individual plays is ridiculous, if Kaaya made enough plays to win the game, then it wouldnt have mattered.

Perfect pass perfect call..... Berrios dropped it. Would have been a TD & we would have won the game. Shoulda woulda coulda.....just didn't happen.

Advertisement
Back