Kaaya T-Shirt

gangis2169

Thunderdome
Last night during the game at some point there was a dude in the crowd that had a t-shirt that said "Yippie Kaaya Mother &%#$er!" I was wondering if anyone else saw it and know where I can get it? Sorry I didn't record the game so I don't have a screen shot. Sorry if someone already mentioned this.

Advertisement
Advertisement
They removed the shirt. The university came down on them for using Kaaya's name apparently.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Universities and the NCAA will go to ANY length to make sure they maintain total control of any and all marketing rights.

You guys may not be aware of this but Johnny Manzel and Brad Kaaya only got those names after they enrolled in college. Their parents had nothing to do with it.

Universities and the NCAA will go to ANY length to make sure they maintain total control of any and all marketing rights.

You guys may not be aware of this but Johnny Manzel and Brad Kaaya only got those names after they enrolled in college. Their parents had nothing to do with it.

Are you trying to be funny? Because you're not.

Advertisement
They removed the shirt. The university came down on them for using Kaaya's name apparently.

As well they should. It's not only in poor taste, it's illegal.

Uh no its not...

UM doesn't have a trademark on his name

The illegality of it is not related to trademarks, or lack thereof.

Then how exactly is it illegal? This should be funny. Lemme guess, exploitation of his likeness?

Last edited:

Wheres the defamation? Thats the key part in Libel

The only thing Hochman did wrong was use a players name while working for a radio station that sponsors the Canes. Its an NCAA issue, not a legal issue. UM doesnt own the term Kaaya, so they cannot go after Hochman on behalf of Brad, cuz that in and of itself is an NCAA violation. Brad would need to hire a lawyer himself n send a cease and desist letter, which he did not.

The manner in which this whole thing was carried out should tell you that this is not a legal issue.

Advertisement
Back