Kaaya ready for Sunday's camp

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Miami quarterback commit Brad Kaaya landed in Miami today for this weekend’s opening camp. Kaaya won’t officially make Coral Gables his home until next year, but he’s already doing something that most Miami natives don’t: enjoying Marlins games.

“I was at the Marlins game tonight and checked it out so that was cool. It was pretty exciting because I’m used to Dodger games and those aren’t very lively. I met Giancarlo Stanton before the game and that was pretty cool because I’ve always been a fan of his since he’s from my area and went to Notre Dame High School, which is my rival school,” said Kaaya.

What does he have planned for Saturday before the camp on Sunday?

“I’ll probably go to the school and chill with Coach Coley, watch some film with him, and show my mom around the campus. She’s met Coach Coley before, but she’s just looking forward to checking out the facilities and campus that I’ll be spending the next four years of my life at.”

Kaaya is coming to Miami with a different mission than his last visit a couple months back.

“All of my questions were answered the first time I was there and that’s why I committed. There’s nothing really new I’m looking for, but I just want to make contact with some of the other recruits from down here and actually meet them in person as opposed to messaging them on Facebook and Twitter.”

How have things changed for the Cali gunslinger since he’s committed to Miami?

“I feel like a lot of things I do are under a microscope. I just have to watch and say what I do and can’t tweet anything bad.”
Kaaya is excited for one thing in particular on Sunday.

“I’m looking forward to throwing to a lot of these receivers that Miami’s recruiting and show them what I can do.”

There are a coupe prospects that Kaaya is looking forward to meeting in person this weekend.

“I don’t know if Dan Gresham is going to the camp, but I’m definitely looking forward to meeting him. He really likes Miami and I’ve been talking to him on Facebook. He loves Coach Coley and Golden because they don’t think about him as just a fullback, but a versatile running back. The other one I want to meet is Johnnie Dixon, I think he’s coming to the camp.”

Advertisement
Miami quarterback commit Brad Kaaya landed in Miami today for this weekend’s opening camp. Kaaya won’t officially make Coral Gables his home until next year, but he’s already doing something that most Miami natives don’t: enjoying Marlins games.
lol best opener ever, nice one Ariz.

I love this kid pointed out that as the QB you are under a microscope and can't Tweet everything! Are you listening Alin Edouard that is how you take care of business as the leader of a class. I am hoping the two if them spend some time together and Kaaya rubs off on AE a little.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Advertisement
I love this kid pointed out that as the QB you are under a microscope and can't Tweet everything! Are you listening Alin Edouard that is how you take care of business as the leader of a class. I am hoping the two if them spend some time together and Kaaya rubs off on AE a little.

Go Canes

To think...you said he was playing us around and was going to go to a Cali school :ibisroflmao:

I wish Kaaya could go to every single camp and recruit. Im sure we put something together to pay for the expenses. He's a leader without a doubt

Advertisement
Sorry for going off topic a bit, but how can you guys resist going to Marlins games? That stadium's so cool looking and it must be dirt cheap to go. I'd have season tix for sure if I lived down there.

Sorry for going off topic a bit, but how can you guys resist going to Marlins games? That stadium's so cool looking and it must be dirt cheap to go. I'd have season tix for sure if I lived down there.
Then your supporting that piece of **** owner! When he leaves then i'll go back to supporting the Marlins!

Advertisement

Go Canes

To think...you said he was playing us around and was going to go to a Cali school :ibisroflmao:

He was until he committed, it similar to dating until you get engaged once you do wifey is the alpha and omega but before that you chase everything in between even playing a few against each other to make them step up thier game. Well now he is committed so its all about UM. So please don't get it twisted, I was hoping he would commit and shut it down because we believed in him first which is just what he did. I think its funny you don't mention those parts of what said about Kaaya's recruitment quote the whole thing or keep your mouth shut plan and simple.

Go Canes

Go Canes

Last edited:
Then your supporting that piece of **** owner! When he leaves then i'll go back to supporting the Marlins!

Eh, sports leagues are political fiefdoms. All owners are scum. If I mixed politics and sports I'd never be able to watch another game. Especially not NCAA football.

Eh, sports leagues are political fiefdoms. All owners are scum. If I mixed politics and sports I'd never be able to watch another game. Especially not NCAA football.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Advertisement
Back