Kaaya Not Elite But Still Is Important To The Program Future

252cane

All-ACC
Look dude isnt a elite qb and thats fine because those guys dont grow on trees. There is probably 2 elite Qbs in college right now and that is watson and jackson(more as a runner than a passer).

Kaaya is still a good qb despite some limitations he may have. Is he going to put this team on his back and take them to a championship? Probably not, but that aint where the program is at.

This program hasn't won 10 games since 2003. ****** 2003 mane. This team has never won the weak *** coastal never. Duke football played in the accg before miami. Let that **** sink in.

This year and next year is about winning games and restablishing miami as elite in the cfb world. Kaaya is a big part of that. He is good enough to beat these remaining teams on the schedule. As a matter of fact he has beaten all of them except nd and ncst because he never played them.

If they can get their *** in that accg game this year that will be huge for this program. We NEED kaaya to come back for his senior season. Perry isnt going to be ready to play in a pro-style ofense as a true frosh and this program cant afford a 7 or 8 win season.

Kaaya will be important to potentially stacking back to back good seasons and setting the program up for the future for a guy like perry, allison, or whoever the qbs are.

So get your head out your asses and stop crying like some punk *****es. We all want to beat fsu *** and should have won saturday but they didnt and aint **** you can do to change it.

Regardless if you like him or not the guy is important to this program hopefully over the next year and a half.

Advertisement
Totally agree, my only two beefs with him is he seems to make at least 1 bad decision per game and he can't extend plays by either scrambling or sometimes just moving within the pocket. Against lesser opponents he gets away with it but the better opponents make him pay for it. I think some of the criticism is very warranted (comes with being QB at UM) but also agree that it's in everyone's best interest that he returns for his senior year. When he has time no one is better, that 4th down throw was a thing of beauty but I wish as a junior he was more consistent.

6th best QB in the ACC

1. Watson
2. Jackson
3. Trubisky
4. Evans
5. Francois
6. Kaaya

Totally agree, my only two beefs with him is he seems to make at least 1 bad decision per game and he can't extend plays by either scrambling or sometimes just moving within the pocket. Against lesser opponents he gets away with it but the better opponents make him pay for it. I think some of the criticism is very warranted (comes with being QB at UM) but also agree that it's in everyone's best interest that he returns for his senior year. When he has time no one is better, that 4th down throw was a thing of beauty but I wish as a junior he was more consistent.

Agree with everything you just said. But you have to learn to scheme around his weaknesses.

UNC and VT have arguably better teams than Florida State.

As much as we lecture the chicken little nancies around here, the delusions should be called out as well.

Pump the ******* brakes.

Advertisement

As much as we lecture the chicken little nancies around here, the delusions should be called out as well.

Pump the ****ing brakes.

Unc and vt are not better than fsu.

Agree with everything you just said. But you have to learn to scheme around his weaknesses.

Agree, that's on Mark to figure out but I still want Brad to stop making dumb throws. Throw it into the stands, hit the water boy but don't force a throw.

Pump the ****ing brakes.

There's no way you can definitively say that after UNC beat Florida State on the road.

FSU is a depleted mediocre squad at this time.

Advertisement

Pump the ****ing brakes.

There's no way you can definitively say that after UNC beat Florida State on the road.

Unc needed a 55 yard field goal to win. Fsu wins that game 7 out of 10.

This program hasn't won 10 games since 2003. ****in 2003 mane. This team has never won the weak *** coastal never. Duke football played in the accg before miami. Let that **** sink in.

If they can get their *** in that accg game this year that will be huge for this program.

Reality is that it's hard for us fans to come to grips with losses, especially the first one or two, because it erases (or at least starts to eliminate) certain goals for the season. This is especially tough for us because we jumped to #10 early in the season and have the hype and energy of our new coach, so hope is permitted to be sky high because "anything is possible."

But now we have to start admitting (for those who hadn't already) that a CFB spot is very likely not happening this year. That's the ultimate goal and it's hard to feel like we can't have it.

That said, the above goals are still within reach. And they are important to our trajectory as a program. As much as we want it all--and should--an appearance in the ACCCG and 10+ wins is big stuff right now.

We need that and, importantly, we can still have it.

That's basically where my head is after a few days of mourning. And at the end of the day, I'll take it.

Might have gone off topic a bit but generally I agree with you.

6th best QB in the ACC

1. Watson
2. Jackson
3. Trubisky
4. Evans
5. Francois
6. Kaaya

Dont know about trubisky. He had a good game vs fsu but wasnt that good vs uga and was horrible vs vt.

Agree. That list is stupid

Trubisky is the goods but he had a bad game and only scored 3 points.. You think unc fans want him gone? Lmao

Francois has one good game and he's better than kaaya who's had a solid 3 years.

Yeah okay

Pump the ****ing brakes.

lol at 7 out of 10. Did you watch that whole game? What a laughable thing to say.

UNC moved the ball at will.

We've had issues moving the ball vs FAU, Ga tech, and FSU.

UNC and VT will be arguably stiffer tests due to our current circumstances.

Unless we see massive overnight improvements on offense, not to mention the reality of our lack of depth beginning to creep in, we're closer to 9-3/8-4 than any 11-1 delusions.

Ermon Lane was lining up at safety last Saturday for ****'s sake.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Pump the ****ing brakes.

lol at 7 out of 10. Did you watch that whole game? What a laughable thing to say.

Unless we see massive overnight improvements on offense, not to mention the reality of our lack of depth beginning to creep in, we're closer to 9-3/8-4 than any 11-1 delusions.

Did watch it. Unc cant stop anybody and despite how they have played this year fsu has a lot of talent on defense.

He is best QB we have had since Berlin. Maybe not as good as I thought but a excellent springboard for future -- OP is suggesting. We have only two elite QBs in our history(my opinion), Vinny and Jim. Neither won an NC and that is what we want. We are not a good enough team yet for a Kaaya type QB to take us all the way but we will be and it will be a QB like him, but one that rises to the big game, that does it.

Pump the ****ing brakes.

I just wanna win around 8 or 9 games and win a bowl game. We havent won a bowl game in ages

Advertisement
Trivia:

Brad Kaaya has now thrown for 7 TD's and 2 INT's against Florida State, does anyone know the other University of Miami QB with identical TD/Ratio and a lesser completion percentage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All original goals for the season are still in play. We just squandered any margin for error we'd have had if we had taken care of business on Saturday.

So we need to beat UNC and VT, which Kaaya can absolutely do. Lose either of those, and we're likely done and looking at a 3rd place Coastal and 8 win season. That, unfortunately, will perpetuate all the doubt that has surrounded the program for so long. You don't bring Rick in and pay him $4M to coach a QB who everyone in football loved before the season to the same record we had with no HC last year.

Trivia:

Brad Kaaya has now thrown for 7 TD's and 2 INT's against Florida State, does anyone know the other University of Miami QB with identical TD/Ratio and a lesser completion percentage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, and I'm sure whoever it is beat them at least once.

I just wanna win around 8 or 9 games and win a bowl game. We havent won a bowl game in ages

As long as the injuries are kept to a minimum, 10-3 with a bowl win is a solid season and an optimistic but attainable goal.

We're going drop at least one of the next two games imo which knocks us out of the conference race.

I'll happily eat crow if not.

Advertisement
Back