Kaaya hurt shoulder on first play

there is alot of blame to go around.....Oline is crap...WRs cant get any separation...play calling is questionable...we have at best above average RBs.... defense played good..gave up some big plays which is expected with this type defense(which is better than the way we have played the last 8 years)

Better play calling would have helped them get separation. We never ran crossing, or rub routes....Its how Louisville used to kill Randy's man coverage.

They are basically natural pick plays.

Advertisement
One player balled out with a hurt shoulder, most would've said he wouldn't come back into the game while the other....

I keep thinking on how Francois kept coming back, big hit after hit. He would wait until the last second to get the ball where it needed to go, knowing a big hit was coming. He would also run the ball while needed. BK, he didn't have very good protection, but FSU's OL protection was worse. The difference was one could use his feet or delivered when the big hit was coming. That will inspire your teammates, BK's won't.

Whatever, no excuses, but it's gotta be frustrating as **** when there's a breakdown in protection and your QB can't help you out much. There was one play where the pocket collapsed and BK just kind of stood there waiting to be tackled.

Well if his poor shoulder was hurt so bad, he should've let Malik Rosier get in so we would have a chance to win.
We did have a chance to win.

Do you happen to remember who threw the Touchdown to put us in position to tie the game?

This board is so dumb

Yes. Comparing Rosier to Kaaya is a **** joke. Kaaya in 10x the QB Rosier is.

That's fine, his shoulder didn;t decide to throw a terrible INT, that turned the momentum of the game when Miami was up 13-3 in the 2nd half.

Also he threw some dimes after this "injury" so not a valid excuse.

How do you know his injury didn't affect the throw? Before blaming a great kid and top 15 QB in NCAA you may want to open your mind to the fact some injuries affect range of motion at certain angles or times while not on others. So I understand you, your take is that UM is conspiring to fake an injury to appease the fan base?? Nice detective work Columbo. Only you forgot one thing, no motive to do so. He made a good decision to throw that ball but the execution was terrible. Since when do you need an excuse for making a mistake???? So many of you are completely delusional and criticize from home when you would fold like a lawn chair if you were in that situation with equal skills and talent.

Still threw a dumb pick. But that was a clutch *** throw to Coley that should have put us in overtime--- if he did with a bum shoulder it's even better for his confidence.

Advertisement
The INT was bad, but even great players make bad throws. The defender did all that was asked of him on that play, it shouldn't have been thrown. Even the throw to Coley, McFadden was in a good spot to make a play. That's football and all the plays between that weren't made made more of a difference IMO. BK is good when he has an ocean of space to operate in. He's not very good when there's a hint of pressure, real or imagined. The playcalling didn't help him out much. The OL coupdve been better, but they were playing against another team who has talent.

All this lets put it on this or that gets annoying around here. We got beat, and of story. The other team made mistakes as well that we took advantage of. That's football.

One player balled out with a hurt shoulder, most would've said he wouldn't come back into the game while the other....

I keep thinking on how Francois kept coming back, big hit after hit. He would wait until the last second to get the ball where it needed to go, knowing a big hit was coming. He would also run the ball while needed. BK, he didn't have very good protection, but FSU's OL protection was worse. The difference was one could use his feet or delivered when the big hit was coming. That will inspire your teammates, BK's won't.

Whatever, no excuses, but it's gotta be frustrating as **** when there's a breakdown in protection and your QB can't help you out much. There was one play where the pocket collapsed and BK just kind of stood there waiting to be tackled.

Kaaya has to get a **** load better in the pocket. He doesn't know how to do the little things that set immobile guys like Brady and the Mannings apart from dudes like Matt Stafford...like take a sidestep into space to buy himself an extra second to throw, etc. I'm no expert, but even I can see this **** on the field.

However, on the play in question, Nnadi destroyed Linder right up the middle. If Kaaya would have tried to throw, just as good a chance he'd have gotten hit mid-motion and turned an already bad drive into a disaster going the other way. Francois, Watson, Mayfield, Trubisky...they all would have had to do the same thing.

I doubt any teammates are questioning his toughness. Kaaya got crushed repeatedly and kept getting back up, including a 4th and 6 touchdown that should have forced overtime at the end of a game in which he obviously struggled from the first play. That's a nonsense argument.

That int had absolutely nothing to do with the shoulder. It was completely what was between the ears that caused that one.

That was the pinnacle play of the game. It was absolutely the pendulum.

That was a worse than Jacory Harris throw.

There is absolutely no way you throw that ball. Then to throw it outside. SMH

Because he couldn't step up in the pocket. Vince Young couldn't have gotten away on that play.
The one major thing you are not factoring in to the equation is Frenchy had guys come open. Our WR corps (the group Richt would have trouble because of lack of speed) could not separate much all game. BK had nowhere to throw the ball, especially on plays like you just mentioned where he couldn't step in to his throws. Our pass pro got beat like a drum 75% of the game. No blame, there is just a talent gap between their DL and our OL which I expect to change with Richt crootin for a couple full cycles. Even the 00's & Deuce 1 classes had ups and downs early on. BK has a smaller frame, it doesn't mean he's not as tough. I guarantee he will be the QB from this game getting paid playing on Sundays while the other is working at UPS

Advertisement
I should clarify that I don't think BK is soft, maybe he's even tough somewhat, but breakdowns in coverage happen at every level. He's a sitting duck back there when it happens though and as a player, you'd want him to make a play when you need it. Its almost like you need to be perfect every play, who doesn't, but that's not reality. If you aren't, bad things are gonna happen and that's a lot of pressure to play under.

I've said his footwork and pocket presence were bad for a long time now. You're spot on about him lacking it like Brady, Manning, and even our own Ken Dorsey here who wasn't a runner....but looked like Hershel Walker in comparison. Its the reason I've always said, He would never go as high as some have said in the draft. He limits what you can call offensively and Richt is finally I think seeing the light on that with his latest comments.

BK doesn't go through progressions well at all. He has poor footwork. He has a tendency to overthrow passes.

Those are his negatives. I think he has shown little progress on getting better at all three of those issues.

FSU had guys come open because of two things. We kept bringing extra players from all over. That's Manny's defense and if you don't get there, you'll get burnt.

Secondly, you have to account for Francois running the ball or escaping pressure. We don't have that in BK and if our run game isn't on, we're screwed in games like this.

The OL play though, again I stand by what I said above. The play where FSU was just standing up, stalking back and forth on the DL, they brought only three and still destroyed our OL. That should never happen, just goes to show this unit doesn't know how to work together well.

Advertisement
Back