Kaaya article on ESPN

Advertisement
he is better than Dorsey, Dorsey had a team, and he also had a coach that all bought in to winning. Maybe not better, but a lot more potential..

he is better than Dorsey, Dorsey had a team, and he also had a coach that all bought in to winning. Maybe not better, but a lot more potential..

Dorsey won 38 straight games. Let's hold off on saying he is better. He has the potential though.

LOL. Wake me up when Kaaya goes 38-2 or better. Then we can have this conversation. And that's not saying Kaaya isn't good or won't be good. Your assertion is just beyond ridiculous at is point.

LOL. Wake me up when Kaaya goes 38-2 or better. Then we can have this conversation. And that's not saying Kaaya isn't good or won't be good. Your assertion is just beyond ridiculous at is point.

On the flip side saying that Kaaya has to match Dorsey's record to say he is as good or better is not fair either. Take Dorsey and put him on last year's team; I am sure we win a few more games, but we sure weren't going to be world beaters. I am not saying that Kaaya is even on the same level as Dorsey, but saying that the only comparison is wins/losses is not a fair one. Or an analogy for the the South Florida peeps, is every QB that won a Superbowl better than Marino?

Advertisement
Jesus that wasn't meant to be read literally.

The point is, Kaaya has shown promise and that's it. The Dorsey comparisons are very premature at this point.

I love Kaaya's potential but anybody that thinks he's better than Dorsey at this point smokin rocks!

Dorsey was a very good QB...BUT...I've seen Kaaya make throws Dorsey would never attempt.Kaaya has the superior arm, and is certainly cerebal as Dorsey.... Dorsey had better receivers, world class tight ends and running backs, as well as an offensive line that was superior to what Kaaya had last year, and will probably have during his career at Miami. Miami would not have gained any wins with Dorsey at the helm with last years team...Kaaya will not have as many wins as Dorsey, that's a given with last years results....This argument will not be settled for about 10 more years when you see who had the most stellar pro career and where and to whom they were drafted.

One more argument is Kaaya had better stats his 1st year as QB that Dorsey had..That's with no red-shirt and starting three months out of high school..

Advertisement

We were loaded after Dorsey, the defenses were even statistically better than past teams. Skill guys were good too. Guess what was missing? Ken ******* Dorsey, that's who.

Our fans take that guy for granted to the point it's sickening . Ask any player from that team and they'll tell you he was the general of that offense. Knew the play book front/backwards and made the right decision 99% of the time. Ironically we haven't had a great qb since.

Last edited:
Jeez...we have Kelly Kosar Testaverde Walsh Erickson and Torreta and the debate is Dorset v Kaaya?

He may be the next good thing OR he could end up mentioned among the greats.

hahaha...Golden talking about rote memory and learning. What an ***. He should look in the mirror and see the results of the last 5yrs
and apply that train of thought to both himself and his clown buddy Doh'Nofrio. What a world class *** this guy is. Where is your improvement coach? I guess that why we had 3 d-linemen on a goal line situation. Get back on the coaching short bus and head back to NJ. Take your ties with you. There are some cannoli places that need your business back.

Go Canes!

Looks like you're going to be in a coma.

Advertisement
One more argument is Kaaya had better stats his 1st year as QB that Dorsey had..That's with no red-shirt and starting three months out of high school..

How about we let the kid play big in a big game one time before we crown him.

Got to love today's football fans, crown a guy before he's accomplished anything .

We were loaded after Dorsey, the defenses were even statistically better than past teams. Skill guys were good too. Guess what was missing? Ken ******* Dorsey, that's who.

Our fans take that guy for granted to the point it's sickening . Ask any player from that team and they'll tell you he was the general of that offense. Knew the play book front/backwards and made the right decision 99% of the time. Ironically we haven't had a great qb since.
Yup. "That team was stacked."

Weren't all of our championship teams stacked? I guess those QBs sucked and were a product of the talent around them too.

Advertisement
I wonder if anyone read the second sentence in my post lol... He has a lot more potential. Pro Potential. Dorsey had great moments and definitely is not overlooked by me. You know how smart Dorsey is, so for him to not be accomplished as a pro, backs up my statement even more. Kaaya in the FSU game. Dropped touchdowns by Berrios, huge fumble by Dobard, dropped touchdown by Dorsett, and we lose. He did everything in that game he could to position the team for a win. True Freshman that came in during the summer. So you can ride into the sunset with your appreciation of Dorsey and act like I don't know what I am talking about, but my statements are anything but foolish.

Dorsey was a very good QB...BUT...I've seen Kaaya make throws Dorsey would never attempt.Kaaya has the superior arm, and is certainly cerebal as Dorsey.... Dorsey had better receivers, world class tight ends and running backs, as well as an offensive line that was superior to what Kaaya had last year, and will probably have during his career at Miami. Miami would not have gained any wins with Dorsey at the helm with last years team...Kaaya will not have as many wins as Dorsey, that's a given with last years results....This argument will not be settled for about 10 more years when you see who had the most stellar pro career and where and to whom they were drafted.

I have seen CAM Newton make throws to Brady could never make.... see SB rings

We will never know - Kenny had 11 guys in the 2 deep on Off that played on Sunday ---- Kayaa doesnt have ANYTHING like that kind of talent around him... kid will be running for his life this year - very little deep threat ---- teams are going to blitz him to death

I like Kaaya a lot and I'm excited about his potential, but I'm real hesitant to call him the best QB since Dorsey. We all crowned Jacory too after that FSU game in 09 and called him the best since Dorsey. I still remember the picture of him and Dorsey walking into the locker room and the quotes he gave about how he and Ken stay in constant contact. We all got excited about Jacory and some even hyped him to be a potential Heisman candidate. And how'd that turn out?

Kaaya had a good Freshman year, but I'm not ready to crown him just yet. He's a Sophomore now with plenty of game film for defensive coaches to analyze and scheme against. I'm not saying he won't be successful, but let's not put all that pressure on him after one good season. I'd like to know for sure that he's better than Brock Berlin, before I even begin to compare him to Dorsey.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back