Kaaya- All Time ACC Passing

thebutcher

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Currently 40th all-time in passing yards (6500) and 42nd in TD passes (42). 7000 yards behind Rivers (13,500) and 65 TDs behind Tajh Boyd (107).

Currently 3000 yards and 44 TDs behind Dorsey, who has both all-time records at Miami.

Provided he stays healthy, he should get the Miami yardage record and be within 10 TDs of Dorsey.

If he returns, and stays healthy, the all-time ACC records should both be well within range.

Let's enjoy it guys, might not see another QB put up a career like this at Miami for a long time.

Advertisement
The numbers he MIGHT put up with Richt could get him there. It's certainly not hard to imagine him putting up 7K when he put up 6.5K with X-Box Coley calling plays his first two years.

I could see a 4000 yard 35 TD season with Richt calling the shots. Assuming Coley stays healthy and our redzone targets (Cager, Njoku, Herndon) are what I think they are.

Like he did at FSU? The SEC and their slow down officiating is what stopped Richt from running his O. It'll be very, very interesting to see what he does with Kaaya. Kaaya is his biggest weapon, and I'd be willing to bet he's going to use his biggest weapon a lot. Sure, he likes to run the ball, but running the ball is a **** of a lot easier when your QB is chewing up the D with PA passes.
Richt likes running the ball...

Advertisement
I can't see Kaaya breaking those records...
Mostly because if he has 3,500+ yards, he WILL have 25+ TD's. Can't see him coming back as a Senior after a year like that.

Richt likes running the ball...

To be fair, he also liked passing the ball to his RB out the backfield at FSU, and Walton/Yearby are both elite pass catching RB's. That will only add more yards/TDs to his stats.

Richt does like running the ball. He likes passing it too. I think depending on his teams' strengths dictates the offense direction. He was kind of balance with AJ Green, Stafford and Moreno. However he passed the ball more with Murray. I don't think he had the backs to really run the ball like he did in the past (even with Crowell, I was never impressed). However, he ran more with the talents of Gurley, Chubb, Sony and at one time Marshall. With talents like that you don't take the ball out of those players hands. I think we'll be a balance team.

He does like running the ball, and ideally that'll help set up the passing game.

Definitely going to enjoy watching him play over hopefully the next two years. Excited to see what we can become under superior coaching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
If Kaaya stays ,then yes he'll have a real good chance of breaking Dorsey passing records.

I truly believe he'll get at least 3500 passing yards and he'll throw at least 25+ TDs

I would love to see Kaaya stay for his senior year. If he does, he has a shot at Rivers and Boyd for the all time yards and TD's in the ACC.

Hopefully the running game will be better this year and there won't be as much of a need for Kaaya to pass all the time. However, I was wondering why we even ran the ball at all in 2015 given how awful the run offense was.

Advertisement
Kaaya is the top pro-style Qb.....our running game ranked in the bottom half of the ACC.....it would be foolish to not let him loosethis season...baring injury he will likely leave for the draft as our all time passing yds leader.

Advertisement
Back