Juwon Young officially signs

Advertisement
Given our lack of depth at the LB position, Juwon Young being an EE is monumentally huge. I really hope he can develop quickly.

This guy went from being discussed as a potential non-qualifier (if I remember right, that's why people said Georgia and other schools weren't actively recruiting him) to being an EE with a 3.0 GPA. Interesting how that works out.

I don't really care who's right or wrong though, I'm glad we got him. He should be a good player here.

His overall GPA is really irrelevant. It's his CORE GPA that matters. The NCAA also requires a ton of CORE classes now. That could have been an issue. Maybe he cleared them up by taking online classes or something.

380.jpg

Advertisement
As long as this guy isn't covering 4.3 WRs in the slot running drag routes he could be an incredible player here. We gotta turn these boys loose at some point because we are accumulating an influx of talent.

I'm excited about this kid, I've heard he has great upside. You really never know, he's only a 3 star on 247 but so was Perryman and Perryman definitely has proved to be a 4+ star.

Advertisement
This guy has the potential to grow in to an absolute beast . Huge hands, long arms, already weighs around 230 pounds coming in. He looks like a prototypical inside LBer, like a Patrick Willis, Navarro Bowman, Vontaze Burfict type.. Very excited about his potential.

Advertisement
Like this kid from the beginning. Him being EE is huge. We need lbs and he is already big. Helps build a GA pipeline. Lot of talent up there too. If we want back in on some of the national studds we have to have presence in other states. Welcome to THE U. Pack up some Georgia pain and bring it for deliver next year.

Guys got everything needed to develops into an excellent LB. From smarts to size to agility. If coaches can develop him, he will turn into a stud sooner then later.

Advertisement
not trying to be negative...this is just a question....

young seemingly has no really good offers, why are you guys so high on him while other schools including Georgia are not interested?

he does have an offer from ole miss but that is about all i see. just tell me what i am missing.

young seemingly has no really good offers, why are you guys so high on him while other schools including Georgia are not interested?

he does have an offer from ole miss but that is about all i see. just tell me what i am missing.

Mark Richt didn't offer because he didn't want to get embarrassed when he left for Miami, so he and the UGA fans can say "oh we never offered, he sucks"

Mark Richt didn't offer because he didn't want to get embarrassed when he left for Miami, so he and the UGA fans can say "oh we never offered, he sucks"

just saw an old thread on gator site saying that he had grade issues. thats why he wasn't offered. he really turned the academics around fast.

Advertisement
Back