Juwan Dowels to...

Advertisement
75 degrees and dry in that dome.

My buddies daughter went there for 1 year and begged him to come home after the winter. It's a long long cold winter if you've never been to Cuse...

With that said good luck to them. Cuse is a solid university to get a degree from

It isn't that bad, buy some warm clothes and suck it up.

It starts snowing there in October. Pssh.

And the snow doesn't end until May (it snowed there on May 5, 1986). Man up, it's not that bad.

SU was a much better defensive team than us in 2013. I trust their defensive evaluations and development way more than I trust ours.

.....FSU hung 59 on them playing backups. I know the point of your existence is to troll but just stop. All I heard was how stupid Miami was for not taking him because he was going to go to Oklahoma or Clemson or Florida. Nope. Just like Miami those schools thought something wasn't there. Now its that Syracuse is better defensively and their evaluations are better. I wonder if OU, CU and UF message boards are ripping their staffs for not taking Dowels. Doubt it.

What are you talking about "they thought something wasn't there"?

They offered him. SMH

He chose to commit to Syracuse cause he loved his visit. He's also friends with Edourd.

You think he chose Syracuse cause he didn't have any better options? He was offered by Texas A&M months ago and had zero interest. He had legit offers from Oklahoma, Clemson and Cincy...all would've been good places but he simply chose to go to Syracuse.

Oh, and the fans at Clemson or OU would be ripping their staff too if Juwan was the best CB in their backyard.

Dowels is the best CB in Miami's backyard. That's why people are dumbfounded.

Im honestly glad this chapter is closed. This kid has been talked about at nauseum. It is what it is. Time to move on from it whether you liked him or not. Good luck to the kid. Wish him the best at Cuse'. Hope he majors in Broadcasting.

Advertisement
Oh, and the fans at Clemson or OU would be ripping their staff too if Juwan was the best CB in their backyard.

Dowels is the best CB in Miami's backyard. That's why people are dumbfounded.
THIS
404.gif

Meant to post this last week when 2 people were questioning his "top end speed".

0:45. That's Miami Central's defense, and that's Nichols that he's completely separating from and leaving in his wake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x28-_IQ0n8

As far as the size thing is concerned, this is how I look at it...

He can and has covered all of the top prospect in South Florida. Lane, JC Jackson, Durante, Malcolm Lewis, McKenzie every day in practice, Alex Montgomery, etc etc etc. These are top level talents at the Wide Receiver position. These are the kids that end up at major BCS programs. So if Dowels can cover these kids at the high school level why should anyone believe that he won't be able to cover BCS Wide Receivers? Is Dowels going to get worse or get smaller while the WR's get bigger and better?

Miami offers kids who aren't recruited by their hometown schools all the time. (i.e. kids from Cali who aren't being recruited by any of the schools over there) On here we call it "finding a gem" but when a kid like Dowels isn't offered by UF or FSU we think he's not good enough. (even if he's offered by programs that would currently slaughter us)

Either way...

Miami isn't offering the best CB in South Florida simply cause he's 160lbs instead of 170lbs. Bottom line.

Meant to post this last week when 2 people were questioning his "top end speed".

0:45. That's Miami Central's defense, and that's Nichols that he's completely separating from and leaving in his wake.

He can and has covered all of the top prospect in South Florida. Lane, JC Jackson, Durante, Malcolm Lewis, McKenzie every day in practice, Alex Montgomery, etc etc etc. These are top level talents at the Wide Receiver position. These are the kids that end up at major BCS programs. So if Dowels can cover these kids at the high school level why should anyone believe that he won't be able to cover BCS Wide Receivers? Is Dowels going to get worse or get smaller while the WR's get bigger and better?

Miami offers kids who aren't recruited by their hometown schools all the time. (i.e. kids from Cali who aren't being recruited by any of the schools over there) On here we call it "finding a gem" but when a kid like Dowels isn't offered by UF or FSU we think he's not good enough. (even if he's offered by programs that would currently slaughter us)

Either way...

Miami isn't offering the best CB in South Florida simply cause he's 160lbs instead of 170lbs. Bottom line.

That video = RUSTLEMANIA

Sony
Dowels
McKenzie
Cook

Gibson.

Sonofabitch.

Advertisement
SU was a much better defensive team than us in 2013. I trust their defensive evaluations and development way more than I trust ours.

.....FSU hung 59 on them playing backups. I know the point of your existence is to troll but just stop. All I heard was how stupid Miami was for not taking him because he was going to go to Oklahoma or Clemson or Florida. Nope. Just like Miami those schools thought something wasn't there. Now its that Syracuse is better defensively and their evaluations are better. I wonder if OU, CU and UF message boards are ripping their staffs for not taking Dowels. Doubt it.

What are you talking about "they thought something wasn't there"?

They offered him. SMH

He chose to commit to Syracuse cause he loved his visit. He's also friends with Edourd.

You think he chose Syracuse cause he didn't have any better options? He was offered by Texas A&M months ago and had zero interest. He had legit offers from Oklahoma, Clemson and Cincy...all would've been good places but he simply chose to go to Syracuse.

Grover thinks he knows everything about everything. He'll probably come back and tell you that Dowels didn't have an offer OU or Clemson.

Either way...

Not saying that size matters, but he looks a good 2 inches shorter than 5-8 Nichols in that clip.

Either way...

Not saying that size matters, but he looks a good 2 inches shorter than 5-8 Nichols in that clip.

He's 5'10". Maybe a hair under if we're being picky.

Advertisement
Back