Justin Watkins

BrianF

Sophomore
I was looking a the very early commits for the big three and saw his name. He went to Vanguard with Perry, anyway we can pull a top ATH in with Perry's help. Was seeing if Pete, DMoney or the anyone else had information on the kid and if him and Perry are close.

Advertisement
If Perry is the QB and balls out then I think we have a chance but you have to think FSU has a pretty good lead with Clemson working in the shadows, it would be a really tough flip but there is light.

If Perry is the QB and balls out then I think we have a chance but you have to think FSU has a pretty good lead with Clemson working in the shadows, it would be a really tough flip but there is light.

It won't hurt to try.

Advertisement
I think he's all nole.

With the amount of time Richt JR spent at Vanguard this year, I'm sure we would've heard if there was some interest from him.

Advertisement
proxy.php

I'm not laughing it's a long recruiting season and kids change there commitments like underwear. I hope we can keep our momentum going.

Advertisement
[TWEET]835615467846909952[/TWEET]

$urprised by the flip?
No... He committed to FSU a long time ago, and they were going to use him as a RB, which means he would never see the field for them.

Texas will play him at WR, which means he'll get meaningful snaps as a Freshman.

It's an easy decision for a kid, as long as he's smart enough to see it for himself.

This flip was expected by everyone, regardless this is a loss for fsu because he's talented. They no doubt will rebound though

Advertisement
He probably only got close to Perry for a year. Watkins went to the same school as Jalen Paternson before switching to Vanguard this past year

This flip was expected by everyone, regardless this is a loss for fsu because he's talented. They no doubt will rebound though

Broke how you say stuff like this and expect people not to hate you

What are you talking about? He said last week a flip was coming.... quit being an a55hat I said that for a reason obviously..,

Watkins on the verge of flipping from FSU to Texas
Josh Newberg - Feb 20, 5:40 AM VIP64

When Ocala (Fla.) Vanguard four-star athlete Justin Watkins flipped from LSU to Florida State we warned that this might not be his final decision. It looks like that is the case now that Texas has entered the picture.

“I go to Texas this weekend for a visit. I like the coaching staff there and how they plan to play me. From the slot, to running back, to special teams and coach told me that’s my spot if I commit,” Watkins told Noles247

This battle isn’t over yet for FSU. Watkins says they’re still in the mix and he’ll be back in Tallahassee after his trip to Texas.

“For Florida State I feel like they laid off me once I committed. I feel like they had me once they got me committed and after the offer from Texas, now they want to call me,” he said.

Watkins was planning on attending FSU’s Junior Day on Saturday, but says his plans changed when he decided to come to The Opening Regional in Orlando.

“I plan to go back to FSU after this Texas trip,” Watkins said.

Could a flip to Texas come this weekend?

“Yeah it’s a possibility, a high possibility.”

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back