Justin Medlock to visit. (COMMITS!!!)

From Medlock's coach to Manny Navarro:

Manvel offensive coordinator Kendrick Crumedy, who was King’s track coach at Manvel and the team’s running backs coach when King was quarterback, says Medlock “has a nose for the football” and plays even faster than his 4.5 speed in the 40-yard dash because of his instincts and smarts.

“He understands the game. So he can dissect plays right when they get started,” said Crumedy, who says he enjoys going back and forth with Manvel’s defensive leader in practice. “He moves really well on the football field and when he gets there, he’s in a bad mood. He’s a great tackler in space. That’s what he does well.

“You have to be a rocket scientist to play in our defense and he understands it and gets everybody lined up. Against us in practice, when we line up in certain formations, he starts pointing and telling his teammates what’s coming. He looks over to the sideline and tells me, ‘Crummy don’t run it over here.’ I like him because he’s got a lot of swag.”

Hall said Manvel runs “an even front almost identical to TCU.” It’s not an easy defense to learn, he said.

“It’s a 4-2-5 technically, but we do a lot of stuff,” Hall said. “I know when Justin had his official (visit) down there last month, Miami’s linebacker coach (Jonathan Patke) told (Medlock’s dad) that when he got him on the chalkboard, he’d never had a player that knew schemes like he did. I’m not surprised. Because when I say we do a lot, we do a lot. He never struggles with the mental aspects of the game at all.”

Hall said Medlock has gained about 10 pounds since last season and is “closer to 220 pounds now.” He plays both linebacker spots — inside and outside — for Manvel. Patke has rotated most of his linebackers at Miami at both middle and weakside linebacker.

“I’ll tell you who he reminds me of,” Hall said. “My son played (linebacker) at LSU and graduated the spring before they won the national championship (in 2019). (My son) was by no means a Devin White or a Patrick Queen, but (Medlock) reminds me of Patrick Queen in that their size is similar and they move the same. They’re great in coverage. They can play man-to-man, play zone.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
@Baba Yaga challenge?
tenor.gif
tenor-1.gif
tenor-2.gif
tenor-3.gif
tenor-4.gif
tenor-5.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
From Medlock's coach to Manny Navarro:

Manvel offensive coordinator Kendrick Crumedy, who was King’s track coach at Manvel and the team’s running backs coach when King was quarterback, says Medlock “has a nose for the football” and plays even faster than his 4.5 speed in the 40-yard dash because of his instincts and smarts.

“He understands the game. So he can dissect plays right when they get started,” said Crumedy, who says he enjoys going back and forth with Manvel’s defensive leader in practice. “He moves really well on the football field and when he gets there, he’s in a bad mood. He’s a great tackler in space. That’s what he does well.

“You have to be a rocket scientist to play in our defense and he understands it and gets everybody lined up. Against us in practice, when we line up in certain formations, he starts pointing and telling his teammates what’s coming. He looks over to the sideline and tells me, ‘Crummy don’t run it over here.’ I like him because he’s got a lot of swag.”

Hall said Manvel runs “an even front almost identical to TCU.” It’s not an easy defense to learn, he said.

“It’s a 4-2-5 technically, but we do a lot of stuff,” Hall said. “I know when Justin had his official (visit) down there last month, Miami’s linebacker coach (Jonathan Patke) told (Medlock’s dad) that when he got him on the chalkboard, he’d never had a player that knew schemes like he did. I’m not surprised. Because when I say we do a lot, we do a lot. He never struggles with the mental aspects of the game at all.”

Hall said Medlock has gained about 10 pounds since last season and is “closer to 220 pounds now.” He plays both linebacker spots — inside and outside — for Manvel. Patke has rotated most of his linebackers at Miami at both middle and weakside linebacker.

“I’ll tell you who he reminds me of,” Hall said. “My son played (linebacker) at LSU and graduated the spring before they won the national championship (in 2019). (My son) was by no means a Devin White or a Patrick Queen, but (Medlock) reminds me of Patrick Queen in that their size is similar and they move the same. They’re great in coverage. They can play man-to-man, play zone.”
Omfg... A LB whose a film junkie with instincts and a great Football IQ.... No more see ball hit ball LBs!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back