Justin Fields transferring

And where would that be, if he has to sit a season? Unless he transfers to mid-to-lower-tier P5 team he will have competition. He would need a team that would not recruit a QB in 2019, and whose projected 2019 starter would be average at best or departing after next season.

Penn State

Advertisement
OU has a competent back up in RS So. Austin Kendall. He was in a close comp with Kyler Murry (according to Lincoln Riley) for the starting job. Spencer Rattler is signing with OU. He was the first QB to pass for over 11,000 yards in Arizona HS. He is the No. 1 Pro-Style Quarterback in the nation. OU has not started a FR QB since 1990 with Cale Gundy. I dont think Fields is the type to wait his turn. I dont see him signing with OU.

Advertisement
OU has a competent back up in RS So. Austin Kendall. He was in a close comp with Kyler Murry (according to Lincoln Riley) for the starting job. Spencer Rattler is signing with OU. He was the first QB to pass for over 11,000 yards in Arizona HS. He is the No. 1 Pro-Style Quarterback in the nation. OU has not started a FR QB since 1990 with Cale Gundy. I dont think Fields is the type to wait his turn. I dont see him signing with OU.

You’re the first person I see bring up Rattler. Finally someone brings up the biggest thorn in the side of Field to OU.
Ohio State makes the most sense logically

to be coached by Jon Richt ?, don't think so, especially with Mullen at Florida in what would be a perfect offense for him
Yea, it’s already been announced if he transfers then it won’t be to a rival school.

Advertisement

giphy.gif

Advertisement
He is good. Next up and coming coach and the whole fan base raves about him and wanted him to take over for Urban.

Oklahoma will have a new HC (and Rattler)
The Ohio State will have a new HC

I doubt a qb who is frustrated with not getting his shot to start will want to roll the dice with a new HC.

Miami has "coach for life" Mark Rick. Guaranteed to be here for at least three more years.

Oklahoma will have a new HC (and Rattler)
The Ohio State will have a new HC

I doubt a qb who is frustrated with not getting his shot to start will want to roll the dice with a new HC.

Miami has "coach for life" Mark Rick. Guaranteed to be here for at least three more years.

OSU has a good offense for him though. Haskins will be a top 5 pick and Tate Martell does not fit what they want to do at all.

Advertisement
Espn has an article up on the front page saying IF he decides to transfer he would choose from the likes of FSU, Oklahoma and Ohio St. Miami was unfortunately not listed.

Last edited:
This kid is a program changer. With him, we can take the next step to be a top 10 or even a top 5 team for the next 3 years. I know we are not one of the programs mentioned right now, but he is not making a decision right this minute, so there is time for him to hear our pitch - whatever that may be.

Espn has an article up on the front page saying IF he decides to transfer he would choose from the liked of FSU, Oklahoma and Ohio St. Miami was unfortunately not listed.
We only want information that confirms our biased opinions here, thank you.

Advertisement
Back