Just so everyone is aware...in regards to asst hires

The irony with getting Richt as the HC is that with all the comments about connections to Miami, I don't believe one person brought up his name prior to his termination...

He wasn't even within the realm of possibility I suppose....

Amusing, I think...

As for the rest of his staff, get the best available starting with a top-notch DC....

There are MANY good coaches that haven't also played at UM.

Advertisement
This man has had a Top 10 defense for the last 4 years covering at two different schools (Utah State and Wisconsin). He should be Miami's next DC! Keep in mind those were defenses built with 2* & 3* players.

54933f35713b9.image.jpg

Fugg no.

we dont have the players coming out of high school strong enough for this system.

his defense would take years to be succesful here because of the recruitintg base.

STOP with the 3-4 coaches

Wrong.

Aranda is great, thought he would get a HC job this year.

He'd be a HC in a year or two after UM hired him. He'd come here, tear **** up, and bank.

I like this dude. There are some really great options out there for the money UM is willing to plunk down. I also love Don Brown, whose defenses will straight up bust you in the fcking mouth.

Paul Rhoades was a helluva nice defensive coach before he got the Iowa State gig. He'd be a nice rah rah complement to Richt's laid back personality too.

This man has had a Top 10 defense for the last 4 years covering at two different schools (Utah State and Wisconsin). He should be Miami's next DC! Keep in mind those were defenses built with 2* & 3* players.

54933f35713b9.image.jpg

Fugg no.

we dont have the players coming out of high school strong enough for this system.

his defense would take years to be succesful here because of the recruitintg base.

Wrong.

Sure, because Utah and WI are famous for having demographics identical to Miami. Dade county 77% 19% black / WI 87% whites 6% blacks / Utah 91% whites 1%. You're right no difference at all. I can't understand how Al failed.

54933f35713b9.image.jpg

Fugg no.

Wrong.

Wrong, eh? Just because you say so? Or wrong based upon facts? Facts based upon proof?

name the last successful or dominant 3-4 defense at any of the big 3 florida schools.....

Guys thinking anything that works at Wisconsin, when their getting big huge hosses straight out of high school, is going to work the same here are just idiots and dont understand football.

the 3-4, whether one gap or two, attacking or not. is not going to work here.

Our run defense will get pulverized with it.

i dont mind a 3-4 look or front. But an actual 3-4 defense that needs 3-4 players is for the birds.

Fugg aranda's defense. keep that shid in the northeast.

Advertisement

54933f35713b9.image.jpg

Fugg no.

Wrong.

Wrong, eh? Just because you say so? Or wrong based upon facts? Facts based upon proof?

name the last successful or dominant 3-4 defense at any of the big 3 florida schools.....

Guys thinking anything that works at Wisconsin, when their getting big huge hosses straight out of high school, is going to work the same here are just idiots and dont understand football.

the 3-4, whether one gap or two, attacking or not. is not going to work here.

Our run defense will get pulverized with it.

i dont mind a 3-4 look or front. But an actual 3-4 defense that needs 3-4 players is for the birds.

Fugg aranda's defense. keep that shid in the northeast.

we only play one other decent team from florida every year. everyone else is out of state, so why would it not work here? it wouldn't work in high school correct because all the teams play fast. But college is different, you don't play in a small area, you travel the country to play games.

The staff budget is allegedly 5 mil. His budget at Georgia was 4.8 mil. Richt would not have taken the job if the budget was less. Here is my projected staff:

QB/OC Ken Dorsey (750k)
RB Bryan McClendon (500k)
OL Mike Sullivan (400k)
TE John Lilly (500k)
WR Kevin Beard (200k)

DC Dave Aranda or Brian VanGorder (1.5 million)
DL Kevin Patrick (300k)
LB Mike Barrow (500k)
DB Willie Martinez (400k)

Advertisement

He'd be a HC in a year or two after UM hired him. He'd come here, tear **** up, and bank.

I like this dude. There are some really great options out there for the money UM is willing to plunk down. I also love Don Brown, whose defenses will straight up bust you in the fcking mouth.

Paul Rhoades was a helluva nice defensive coach before he got the Iowa State gig. He'd be a nice rah rah complement to Richt's laid back personality too.

I would keep an eye on Rhoades and/or at least a couple of his assistants on the defensive side of the ball.
Rhoades may have got fired at Iowa State, but he was a good coach.
He was at a bad job.
He is the defensive version of Kevin Wilson at Indiana, who needs to get the heck out of there as well.

The staff budget is allegedly 5 mil. His budget at Georgia was 4.8 mil. Richt would not have taken the job if the budget was less. Here is my projected staff:

QB/OC Ken Dorsey (750k)
OL Mike Sullivan (400k)
TE John Lilly (500k)
WR Kevin Beard (200k)

DL Kevin Patrick (300k)
LB Mike Barrow (500k)

1.5 million for a defensive coordinator?? LMAO FLorida pays its DC 575k.... Please stop

I would keep an eye on Rhoades and/or at least a couple of his assistants on the defensive side of the ball.
Rhoades may have got fired at Iowa State, but he was a good coach.
He was at a bad job.
He is the defensive version of Kevin Wilson at Indiana, who needs to get the heck out of there as well.

The guy was a helluva defensive football coach everywhere I saw him. I like his upbeat personality too. Guys play very hard for him. He put some really nice defenses on the field at Pitt.

QB/OC Ken Dorsey (750k)
OL Mike Sullivan (400k)
TE John Lilly (500k)
WR Kevin Beard (200k)

DL Kevin Patrick (300k)
LB Mike Barrow (500k)

1.5 million for a defensive coordinator?? LMAO FLorida pays its DC 575k.... Please stop

This dude's very free with UM's money. The dude thinks we'd have to triple Aranda's $500K salary to get him to UM. LOL at Tin Foil.

Advertisement

QB/OC Ken Dorsey (750k)
OL Mike Sullivan (400k)
TE John Lilly (500k)
WR Kevin Beard (200k)

DL Kevin Patrick (300k)
LB Mike Barrow (500k)

wtf dood?

If "we" are going to be throwing someone else's money around, why don't
we hire Meghan Kelly as our secretary?

I went to UM with Rohan. Are you insane? Although running the "***** face" (a compliment if you know him) defense would be awesome. I think he is too busy running One Love Coffee.

Let's all take a breath. A brilliant athletic career does not equal a brilliant coaching career.

Advertisement
The irony with getting Richt as the HC is that with all the comments about connections to Miami, I don't believe one person brought up his name prior to his termination...

He wasn't even within the realm of possibility I suppose....

Amusing, I think...

As for the rest of his staff, get the best available starting with a top-notch DC....

There are MANY good coaches that haven't also played at UM.
Was mentioned numerous times before his departure from UG. Also been mentioned that he was approched aeveral years back.

Advertisement
Back