Just so everyone is aware...in regards to asst hires

The staff budget is allegedly 5 mil. His budget at Georgia was 4.8 mil. Richt would not have taken the job if the budget was less. Here is my projected staff:

QB/OC Ken Dorsey (750k)
RB Bryan McClendon (500k)
OL Mike Sullivan (400k)
TE John Lilly (500k)
WR Kevin Beard (200k)

DC Dave Aranda or Brian VanGorder (1.5 million)
DL Kevin Patrick (300k)
LB Mike Barrow (500k)
DB Willie Martinez (400k)

No thanks on VanGorder

If the players don’t understand the scheme, it doesn’t really matter how good it is. Ask any coach the key to playing offense, they’ll answer execution. We just need to execute, do our jobs and we’ll be fine. Ask a defensive coach the key to playing defense and you’ll hear phrases like “hit and hustle”, “play with your hair on fire”, “reckless abandon”, “wherever you go, go 100 MPH.” I’d have to assume it’s hard to play 100 MPH when you are “paralyzed in thought.” We know the defense works when the guys know where they are going, we’ve seen it work. We’ve also seen what happens when they have no idea what to do.

Brian VanGorder Year 2: Go Big or Go Home? // UHND.com

Advertisement
We only want Miami guys. Go get Zed Lumelski for O-Line coach, Jim Burt for D Line coach and Ted Hendricks for linebacker coach.

I went to UM with Rohan. Are you insane? Although running the "***** face" (a compliment if you know him) defense would be awesome. I think he is too busy running One Love Coffee.

I was kidding. It was fun watching #2 running all over the field making plays in the OB.

Another article on VanGorder:

The complexity of his defensive scheme — coupled with the 20-hour practice limitations of the college game — created diminishing returns last season for the Irish. Endless injuries didn’t help results, but with a schedule last year backloaded with faster-paced offenses, substitution and communication confusion on VanGorder’s unit were painfully present during a four-game losing streak to finish the 2014 regular season.

Notre Dame's VanGorder changing coaching approach to fit the college game

Advertisement
The staff budget is allegedly 5 mil. His budget at Georgia was 4.8 mil. Richt would not have taken the job if the budget was less. Here is my projected staff:

QB/OC Ken Dorsey (750k)
OL Mike Sullivan (400k)
TE John Lilly (500k)
WR Kevin Beard (200k)

DL Kevin Patrick (300k)
LB Mike Barrow (500k)

1.5 million for a defensive coordinator?? LMAO FLorida pays its DC 575k.... Please stop

This dude's very free with UM's money. The dude thinks we'd have to triple Aranda's $500K salary to get him to UM. LOL at Tin Foil.

All that money and Kevin Beard gets scraps. Let's trim Dorsey down to $550K since Richt is actually calling the plays. Give Beard a raise to $300K. McClendon is staying at UGA. You can get someone else for $350K. Bump up the OL hire.This is one position coach where Miami should spend whatever it takes to get one of the best.

You can get Arnada or Brown for $1M. Bum the DL coach, same logic. I doubt Barrow is coming back.

Last edited:
LMFAO at the clown talking about Aranda's Defense needing strong big guys. Here is the Wisconsin front 7 weights:

DE: 296 NT: 276 DE: 268

OLB: 246 ILB: 238 ILB: 228 OLB: 236

Their defensive front is noticeably smaller and quicker than ours. As I said earlier, they play a 3-4 with 4-3 personnel.

In fact, their front 7 size wise is almost identical to ours in 2001.

Another article on VanGorder:

The complexity of his defensive scheme — coupled with the 20-hour practice limitations of the college game — created diminishing returns last season for the Irish. Endless injuries didn’t help results, but with a schedule last year backloaded with faster-paced offenses, substitution and communication confusion on VanGorder’s unit were painfully present during a four-game losing streak to finish the 2014 regular season.

Notre Dame's VanGorder changing coaching approach to fit the college game

He proved his defense was too complex last year. The minute their MLB Schmidtt went down they had no one to call the D and get people lined up. The defense tanked horribly.

QB/OC Ken Dorsey (750k)
OL Mike Sullivan (400k)
TE John Lilly (500k)
WR Kevin Beard (200k)

DL Kevin Patrick (300k)
LB Mike Barrow (500k)

1.5 million for a defensive coordinator?? LMAO FLorida pays its DC 575k.... Please stop

This dude's very free with UM's money. The dude thinks we'd have to triple Aranda's $500K salary to get him to UM. LOL at Tin Foil.

All that money and Kevin Beard gets scraps. Let's trim Dorsey down to $550K since Richt is actually calling the plays. Give Beard a raise to $300K. McClendon is staying at UGA. You can get someone else for $350K. Bump up the OL hire.This is one position coach where Miami should spend whatever it takes to get one of the best.

You can get Arnada or Brown for $1M. Bum the DL coach, same logic. I doubt Barrow is coming back.

Beard was a $30K/year secretary last year. No way you pay that guy $300K.

Crumble up a million dollar check and shove it in Brown or Aranda's mouth and tell them to get on the private jet back to Coral Gables.

Advertisement
I haven't watched BC at all this year, but reading up about Don Brown has me very, very interested. The results speak for themselves, and he seams to be a 4-3 and 46 guy which would be nasty here.

Don Brown is a grey beard savage who runs an extremely aggressive 4-3 defense with elements of the Buddy Ryan 46. Would be an effing beast at Miami. Reminds me of Lubick.

Gonna do a write up on this defense. Brown might be the best choice. Love his scheme, and the results are impressive to say the least.

LMFAO at the clown talking about Aranda's Defense needing strong big guys. Here is the Wisconsin front 7 weights:

DE: 296 NT: 276 DE: 268

OLB: 246 ILB: 238 ILB: 228 OLB: 236

Their defensive front is noticeably smaller and quicker than ours. As I said earlier, they play a 3-4 with 4-3 personnel.

In fact, their front 7 size wise is almost identical to ours in 2001.

I hear what u sayin but fugg that gimme da
4-3 mane

Advertisement
FORMER MIAMI OC DAN WERNER IS AT OLE **** AND IS THE PRIMARY RECRUITER FOR THE NATIONS # 1 DUAL THREAT QB SHEA BUTTER PATTERSON OUTTA IMG

I THINK CMR IS GOING TO BRING IN SEC ASSISTANT COACHES

WOULD YOU WELCOME HIM BACK

I haven't watched BC at all this year, but reading up about Don Brown has me very, very interested. The results speak for themselves, and he seams to be a 4-3 and 46 guy which would be nasty here.

I've watched a lot of BC, and his defenses are savage in their brutality and surgical in their destruction.

FORMER MIAMI OC DAN WERNER IS AT OLE **** AND IS THE PRIMARY RECRUITER FOR THE NATIONS # 1 DUAL THREAT QB SHEA BUTTER PATTERSON OUTTA IMG

I THINK CMR IS GOING TO BRING IN SEC ASSISTANT COACHES

WOULD YOU WELCOME HIM BACK

I'd welcome him back to laugh at him and fire him. GTFOOH with fcking Wermer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back